Why China wins medals, is this real?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
hmm
people dont take sports as a career option, that is the problem, the school/college level tt, carrom, chess, badminton scene is thriving, after that they all pick careers
then again we play kho kho, king kong and atiya patiya for timepass
its expensive to kit up, that's definitely a barrier

Flash

Lost in speed
hmm
people dont take sports as a career option, that is the problem, the school/college level tt, carrom, chess, badminton scene is thriving, after that they all pick careers
then again we play kho kho, king kong and atiya patiya for timepass
its expensive to kit up, that's definitely a barrier

Few schools dont even concentrating on SPORTS. When i studied, i had no PT period. :(
All the schools has to dedicate a period/time for the sports mandatorily.

nginx

In the zone
I think in many countries you can even get into good Universities and Colleges simply because you are a good athlete. That's the importance given to sports. Its not the same here is it? You either have good grades or you are nothing.

Most schools in India merely have PT classes just for casual sports or pastime. There is no dedication to excel in any sports or cultivate interest in any sport other than cricket. Most of the time you will find that the PT teachers themselves only know how to do a few drills and that's about it. They don't know anything about training/coaching the students to be good at various types of sports. Obviously schools are not bothered with hiring an expert either because the parents don't care how good or bad their kids are at sports. You HAVE to get good grades and that's the end of that.

But at the end of the day its hard to blame the parents either. The system is what influences their thinking. Nobody wants their kids to take the road less traveled. Very few athletes in India outside cricket make decent money and that can only help to discourage people from going down that route.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think in many countries you can even get into good Universities and Colleges simply because you are a good athlete. That's the importance given to sports. Its not the same here is it? You either have good grades or you are nothing.

Most schools in India merely have PT classes just for casual sports or pastime. There is no dedication to excel in any sports or cultivate interest in any sport other than cricket. Most of the time you will find that the PT teachers themselves only know how to do a few drills and that's about it. They don't know anything about training/coaching the students to be good at various types of sports. Obviously schools are not bothered with hiring an expert either because the parents don't care how good or bad their kids are at sports. You HAVE to get good grades and that's the end of that.

But at the end of the day its hard to blame the parents either. The system is what influences their thinking. Nobody wants their kids to take the road less traveled. Very few athletes in India outside cricket make decent money and that can only help to discourage people from going down that route.
correct. Indian culture is to blame.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
correct. Indian culture is to blame.

The universal answer to all threads involving India. :p

I think there is no pride to be obtained from representing India in the olympics, let alone winning medals. Because, no one gives a damn who wins how many medals. If someone wins a medal, it just serves as fodder to chain-mailers who look for excuses to share pics of said athletes on "FAIL"book, touting NATIONAL PRIDE, but in reality no one gives a damn. It is as good as not participating in the olympics at all. Its like a street performer who does tremendous feats, but no one pays him his due.

If India was really serious about national pride in the olympics or other international sporting events, that pic in OP would be depicting Indians and would be circulated in China about why India wins medals all the time.

Besides, I see nothing wrong in the pic, irrespective of its authenticity. No pain, no gain.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Oh please, irrespective of the fact that we've been poor, winning an Olympic Gold is the ultimate achievement a person can achieve, leave alone a player.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
The reason for China being No.1 on gold bcoz they put a lot of effort on athletes & sports as u can see in the OP images.
thats bring the best in them...by wining gold in maximum events.

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Guys the main problem is INDIANS Dont Support sports
THEY JUST SUPPORT CRICKET
Why dont huge companys sponsor other sports in india? Eh???
Indians+training for sports = TOP 10 in Olympics

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Guys the main problem is INDIANS Dont Support sports
THEY JUST SUPPORT CRICKET
Why dont huge companys sponsor other sports in india? Eh???
Indians+training for sports = TOP 10 in Olympics

:lol: why are you blaming the private companies? It is not their duty to encourage sports, man. If I own a company, I'll want to invest /sponsor something that gives returns.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
:lol: why are you blaming the private companies? It is not their duty to encourage sports, man. If I own a company, I'll want to invest /sponsor something that gives returns.

Indeed. In India, sports is considered entertainment. Not to mention a good platform for rich folks to dump their black money, the returns they get are taxed and therefore "white money". I can't understand how does this appeal to the people. Apparently, Indians fall for anything, given its hyped enough. Take IPL for example, its a load of tripe, but they've made it look so glamorous that everyone is blinded and opportunists rub their hands. Nations pride? Bollocks!

Flash

Lost in speed
Athletes/Sportspersons needs some moral/monetary support from Organisations/governments, to boost their confidence/level-of-living/trainings.
Without the confidence, how can even think that HE's GONNA WIN!

Top Bottom