Why China wins medals, is this real?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Silly? Its the fact, corruption thrives much better here than anything else.

Hard working sportsmen are there, they don't get the facilities and monetary help they deserve due to corruption.
How many people actually go and watch events? None. Is the community putting their money by buying tickets? How will organisations get the revenue?

No point of blaming the govt. and corruption. Old excuse. Stupid public is the one to blame. They sit on chair and watch Cricket. That's all.

Now that's a silly comment.
Nope, it isn't silly sir. Far less silly than yours. Go to some stadium to watch something other than IPL next time.

Renny

Padawan
Its corruption most of the times for athletics. There are many hard working athletes, they often don't get any monetary help and facilities.

Like the hockey time was made to clean their toilets/football team was given something like 5k rupees etc. Its all due to corruption, money meant for them is being eaten away, this is why people are not keen/encouraged to get into athletics.

Flash

Lost in speed
In india its not corruption, but out mindset, 'beta cricketer banega' thats the moto of our parents, they all dream to make large, but in fact there are very few countries in which cricketers make as much as ours do, and even then they invest for olympic medals, we just don't care about olympics, we are happy in our on dream world in which the cricket is the supreme sports and olympics are just nothing, which is the opposite all over the world.

Comparing to other games, it is the only game that has craze all over india. They get sponsors more, so they are spending more on. Nobody gives a hi-5 for other sports wins.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Its corruption most of the times for athletics. There are many hard working athletes, they often don't get any monetary help and facilities.

Like the hockey time was made to clean their toilets/football team was given something like 5k rupees etc. Its all due to corruption, money meant for them is being eaten away, this is why people are not keen/encouraged to get into athletics.
Have you even gone out once to watch an athletic event/hockey match/football match?

Govt. and corruption excuses are old. Public isn't any better. Both aren't doing their bit. Result = zero.

Renny

Padawan
How many people actually go and watch events? None. Is the community putting their money by buying tickets? How will organizations get the revenue?

No point of blaming the govt. and corruption. Old excuse. Retarded public is the one to blame. They sit on chair and watch Cricket. That's all.

Why don't people watch these events? Maybe its because Indians most of the times don't win medals?

You feel its because of a lack of hard work, I feel its because of the indifference meted out to these people both by the Government and the public. Govt and public only reward the cricketers giving them crores, sites endorsements and what not.

Look at the athlete who now works at a brick kiln, isn't the bureaucracy and red-tape to be blamed for her fate?

All Indians suck. China rocks. In Sports.

If you can't play, you can still contribute by going to events.

Let me rephrase that - Majority of the Indians who are indifferent to other athletes and only support cricket suck.

Have you even gone out once to watch an athletic event/hockey match/football match?

I indeed have.

OP
tkin

tkin

Back to school!!
I go out to watch football all the time, but I think this is limited to us bengalis, the gallery is full during most of the interesting matches even in rain or heat, tickets are extremely cheap, 40/50 rs would net you a good seat.

But never went to see hockey or athletic event.

Why don't people watch these events? Maybe its because no Indian ever wins medals?

You feel its because of a lack of hard work, I feel its because of the indifference meted out to these people both by the Government and the public. Govt and public only reward the cricketers giving them crores, sites endorsements and what not.

Look at the athlete who now works at a brick kiln, isn't the bureaucracy and red-tape to be blamed for her fate?

Let me rephrase that - Majority of the Indians who are indifferent to other athletes and only support cricket suck.
We need

1. Training centers.
2. Educated coaches.
3. Proper nutrition for the athletes, also they should check for scams, cause in paper the athletes be eating chicken, in reality they will be fed dal and rice.
4. Prize money for athletes winning medals(UP and hariyana I think is doing it this year).

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I go out to watch football all the time, but I think this is limited to us bengalis, the gallery is full during most of the interesting matches even in rain or heat, tickets are extremely cheap, 40/50 rs would net you a good seat.

I go out for usually Hockey. Sometimes Tennis as the Commonwealth Venue is walking distance. Football as well when it's happening in Ambedkar Stadium.

Renny

Padawan

We need

1. Training centers.
2. Educated coaches.
3. Proper nutrition for the athletes, also they should check for scams, cause in paper the athletes be eating chicken, in reality they will be fed dal and rice.
4. Prize money for athletes winning medals(UP and hariyana I think is doing it this year).

Bang on the point. A decent amount as prize money, not the pittance that is being paid to them.

I feel this thread should be moved to the Fight Club :D

Flash

Lost in speed

We need

1. Training centers.
2. Educated coaches.

5. Concessions for the winning athletes as like MLA/MP s?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Being involved in sports for a good amount of time, I can't deny with either of the reasons. But I'll say, major reason is the lacking mindset. Believe me, not every player has got the guts to prepare "hard enough" to be of olympics' level. Of course, some players who are ready to sacrifice get crushed in the rush due to unavailability of facilities. But how much? I mean a bunchful of players out of fkin 1 billion + ? That's our support for sports. Community support is the biggest thing which stops talented players from going beyond certain level. I had one friend who was damn good at 100m sprint but just because his homely support was not good enough, he couldn't do anything. :(
About going to watch events, leave international level events, how many people even go to national level competitions, where no stupid reason of "Yindians don't win medal" can be made.

Lastly, money matters. I have seen how sports officials literally eat all the money which is funded by the govt. We get less funds, but if at all the "less funds" are utilised in a proper manner, days of single digit medals would be over, if not flurry of golds.

Renny

Padawan
Nope, it isn't silly sir. Far less silly than yours. Go to some stadium to watch something other than IPL next time.

You Sir talk like you have personally seen me at an IPL match, I never have been to any cricket match nor will spend my money on it.

You saying "all" Indians suck is just silly, the "majority" who blindly worship Cricket ignoring our other athletes are the ones who as you say "suck".

Last edited:

Piyush

Lanaya
hahahhahaha.....
nothing cruel in it

For gymnasts, its compulsory to get trained in the age less than 10 yrs, coz the flexibility can be developed in early age only

Tech&ME

Banned
Why we don't see many good athletes ?

1. No proper facilities.

2. Schools does not have a dedicated desire to produce ATHLETES, partly because parents does not what this way, they only want doctors and engineers. So, the school curriculum does not make it compulsory to choose such sports as career option.

3. Political parties are not interested in supporting this kind of sport because, they won't earn votes by doing so.

4. Very few sponsors for such sports. More companies from private sector should come forward to help and sponsor the athletes.

We don't go to watch such sports event [track and field ] since this events either takes small amount of time to finish off or the events are organized in such a way that it kills a good amount of time to seat and watch it.

Piyush

Lanaya
Why we don't see many good athletes ?

1. No proper facilities.

2. Schools does not have a dedicated desire to produce ATHLETES, partly because parents does not what this way, they only want doctors and engineers. So, the school curriculum does not make it compulsory to choose such sports as career option.

3. Political parties are not interested in supporting this kind of sport because, they won't earn votes by doing so.

4. Very few sponsors for such sports. More companies from private sector should come forward to help and sponsor the athletes.

We don't go to watch such sports event [track and field ] since this events either takes small amount of time to finish off or the events are organized in such a way that it kills a good amount of time to seat and watch it.
all of it
and also

5.Indian mentality is centered upon "playing for one-self" (leaving some exceptions).Thats why we see Cricket boom where as Football/Hockey doom

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Apart from all the discussed reasons, in my opinion, we don't give much importance to sports. When we do, then it is for cricket or a regional sport (like Jallikattu in Tamil Nadu).

Every single sports person I knew from my school/ college days is not involved in that sport today. They have lost their way over the sport and started giving importance to their jobs.

This general apathy is mainly because sportspersons can't take up sport as their career in India, unless they are well heeled.

XTerminator

Welbeck fan :D
Don't talk like n00b.

I don't see anything wrong in what the guy said. Students here are force-fed education, but they actually understand very little. Talking of sports as a career makes most parents angry, they want you to be successful but not by taking sports as a medium. India is lol, let's accept it and try to change it.

As far as the facilities and stuff goes, I thought Ethiopia was the poorest country in the world. Yet their athletes own the track and field.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@tkin: u saw the pics...I saw it on Dicovery/NG Channel
this is real...& hard practice

i was going to write this :)

as much as i hate to think about it, it generally feels like most of us when it comes to the main, off-the-keyboard life, are usually pakoda-munching couch-stuck cricket fans, even if we rarely play it (though ckt is also a game/sport, demanding a good amount of physical/mental fitness level). returning to the topic, it would also be beneficial to note in the hindsight that the chinese also have great respect for physical culture deeply ingrained in their way of life since thousands of years (if am correct, their long-distance trains, buses, etc., officially take pauses for travellers to exercise their joints in a while). we seemed to have lost much of it with the passage of time (several factors being the causes for it, though most of them can be counted as being more of excuses). a reply isn't necessitated, but it would be good to ponder for a moment how we feel or what's our reaction like when one of our friends invites us for a roster of a respectably demanding exercise regimen, and a lot of us internally cringe, forget all the discussion of going out to watch sports or gracing the seats of stadiums ("exercise :shock:?! oye rehne de yaar! kiska bhala hua hai isse? samosa-kachori kha ke aate hain mast masaaledaar! baad mein JIM join karke JIMMING karenge phir kabhi..")

hahahhahaha.....
nothing cruel in it

For gymnasts, its compulsory to get trained in the age less than 10 yrs, coz the flexibility can be developed in early age only

well said.

Last edited:
Top Bottom