Why are my torrents so slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan

In the zone
I use Azureus.. and sometimes.. the torrents i run are so slow.. despite the no. of seeders and leechers there may be in the swarm.

this one torrent i'm downloading.. has around 187 seeders and 1048 leechers.. inspite of that i'm getting speeds like 7kbps and stuff. Whereas sometimes.. even with 15-20 seeders.. i get speeds of 30kbps [max on my connection].

I know that azureus doesn't connect to all the seeders.. but generally when i have so many seeders.. it connects to 30 seeders or so. In my case.. out of 187.. only 5 are connected.

Any suggestions?

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
In u torrent u can increase the max number of seeders currently connected for a single file. This increases speed a bid, and mostly helps in maintaining the speed nd the sped drops will be minimum.

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
Hacve you restricted the upload speed?

nope.. but i do have an assymetric connection. Also.. i'm not downloading from pirvate trackers which keep track of the d/u ratio...

also i've seen that large torrents with huge no. of files [approx 4-5GB and greater] invariably cause slow download speeds..

drsethi

Journeyman
Depends upon several factors like yours as well as peers bandwidth, Other programs running in the background, Number of torrents running at a time,and several other factors.
I use utorrent and on some times download as much as 230KBPS , but usually it is 100-150 KBPS with BSNL 500 plan

manusag

Journeyman
i was also having d same problem....but den i switched 2 limewire for dnldg torrents...n m getting 24-28 kbps on my 256 kbps connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom