Why Apple can afford to rock

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya.shevade

Console Junkie
A normal 6 cell battery will not last for more than 2 - 2.5 hours. With no BT/Wifi, 50% brightness; I used to get 2.5 hours and after 8 months of usage I used to get 2 hours. I had Dell Inspiron 6400.

See, you should never keep the lappy charged always. With my Dell and MBP; I switch off the power once it reaches 100%. And I switch it on after 3-4%.

How old is your lappy?

It is 1.75 years old... the problem with battery started after 1 year....

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
It's quite old naa. Use your battery till it doesn't gives any sufficient backup. Get a new one and charge like the way I suggested.

I don't know if MBP comes in 6 cell or 9 cell; whatever it might be; the battery mileage is good wrt other lappies. Gotta see how long I can sustain this 4 hour run. Been just 5 months since I'm using it (shut down for 2 weeks only).

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Well, FWIW, I haven't heard of any company providing a firmware update for free that supercharged the device with previously unavailable features. Microsoft did this with the Zune but that's just because they don't really have any customers yet and will do anything to gain some ground.
I've seen Nokia add some important features to its phone through firmware upgrades. Sony also added some major features to its PS3 through firmware upgrades. And they were all free. And even if Microsoft did give a free upgrade to its Zune to gain some customers, it doesn't mean Apple, who already have many customers for its iPod, take advantage of the situation and rob people of their money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom