Why Android smartphones consume more data - Times of India trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickenjus

In the zone
Android smartphones are kind of like Hummers. Reminiscent of the oversize, gas-guzzling SUV's, Androids have the biggest screens and tend to use much more data than other types of smartphones, including iPhones. And that higher data usage could rack up heftier phone bills.

Why Android smartphones consume more data - TOI Mobile | The Times of India Mobile Site

seriously WTF ... such a stupid article was not expected from "Times of India" atleast..

or it looks like someone is being paid for bashing android and that too pointlessly...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
we knew some of these factors for more than 3 years, and little will change going forward
large screen - if you are tempted to consume more video, this is a good thing right?
background apps downloading data - this is what you get for multi-tasking. easily handled, and not exactly a problem.
data saving updates not reaching the handsets - ermm... so what if a phone is still on gingerbread, this is again not a biggie. maybe a little, but not so much is going to change or can be done about this. don't think the fine tuning on this dept is going to bring down the data use considerably.

not going into other points because they were not raised by the paper. but imagine the opposite headline is equally infuriating. Android users not using as much data as iOS. (original story made comparison)

so what is the problem? TOI should be re-named passtimes of india. when media is "sold out" it means figuring out new ways to charge for ads. so the ad may come in the middle of the story, but the content itself is not sold. it's badly written, factually inaccurate, mostly copied from the internet, not spell checked, but it's not "sold".

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Not going to visit this article to not increase their page count. But that *is* a rant written from an Apple fan. :lol:

rish1

Cyborg Agent
times of india tech journalists are stupid..
the other day there was a mini review in launchpad of intex aqua octa...

since this is the first octa core released apart from so called galaxy s4...

they simply copy pasted the same definition..
for intex aqua octa as well.. and they explained ..
the first 4 cores are active under heavy load like gaming and when load is less the other 4 cores start working and previous cores shut down.. I was like what.....?
I am guessing that guy uses an iPhone and must have read the only about negatives of galaxy s4 and copy pasting it..

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
lol :lol: that person may have installed 1000s of bloatwares/virus on an android phone before testing and still complaining blah blah:D

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
the readers are the product. the advertisers are the customers. true for any media. you can still filter down the agenda, and the conclusion is def not apple is paying individual reporters to write ridiculous stuff about droids. at least.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
the readers are the product. the advertisers are the customers. true for any media. you can still filter down the agenda, and the conclusion is def not apple is paying individual reporters to write ridiculous stuff about droids. at least.

Seems like the actual case to me.

mobimonkey

Broken In
ah.. Times of india, I forgot its s news paper...its only purpose in india is to create confusion in the mind of its readers on behalf of vested interest of individuals and US. Its a nice trash paper

Apple & Microsoft would do anything to make their products sell better......
Recently my friend was gifted iPhone 4 from his relatives. As he is coming from Xperia U, he is hating his phone due to many obvious reasons which Apple doesn't want to remove..... Like USB mass storage support & bluetooth file transfer....

OP
rickenjus

rickenjus

In the zone
well I googled "moto g india", to check if there was any update regarding indian launch

and found this article

Moto G: Latest Craze in Indian Grey Market? | Mobile | Indiatimes Mobile

and then there was this line..

Motorola's announcement that Moto G will launch in India sparked a frenzy with Indians waiting as much for Moto G as they wait for the iPhone.

really guys.. !!!!???
frenzy & waiting for iphone launch.. atleast not me...

article again coming from indiatimes group..

$hadow

Geek in making
The articles of TOI tech journalists Sometimes make my heart go wakudokie. And no matter happens what both Apple and Microsoft is try to defame Android to get their market share up at any cost.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
And no matter happens what both Apple and Microsoft is try to defame Android to get their market share up at any cost.

ah.. Times of india, I forgot its s news paper...its only purpose in india is to create confusion in the mind of its readers on behalf of vested interest of individuals and US. Its a nice trash paper

Seems like the actual case to me.

:lol: so how does it happen. editor gets all the reporters and copy editors into a room and says confidentially that "hey we all got iphone 5S, now we have to write stupid stuff about droids". even if Apple and Microsoft found this a viable method of promotion, why only they have this approach but Sony, HTC, LG... dont.

there already exists a way for oems to buy spaces in media. it's called advertising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom