Which SSD to buy within 10-11k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Both are good. Some will say vertex 3 and others will say M4.
Your choice here.
BTW, never heard that M4 is being used in India. :-/ But many users use vertex 3. So from that point of view vertex 3 wins.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vertex 3 has SF-2281 controller. SSDs having this controller had a very irritating BSOD bug. OCZ released an update for its SSDs and it has been fixed. Corsair Force 3 and GT drives still have firmware bugs.

Crucial M4 with the latest firmware is almost as fast as Vertex 3. (Not MAX IOPS).

What you should look at is reliability and the failure rate. Marvell controller based drives have lower failure rates - Intel especially. Crucial can say their drives have less failure rates than OCZ.

S_V

In the zone
Hmmm... interesting. So which one do you suggest?

If you are trying to Purchase from Amazon USA to India then you are limited to Good Deals.. So i suggest you to buy from Ebay or any other Indian site If possible.....

Any drive is good including from OCZ and Corsair too.. So please look for good deals in Ebay India too
If you are concerned about BSOD like ICO said... you can opt for Intel then... Don't go for Crucial unless you see solid assurance in warranty....

Cilus

laborare est orare
Skud, S_V's friend is coming back at January, 2012. So you can request S_V to ask his friend to bring the desired SSD of yours from US. :) :)

BTW, if the SSD is for future upgrades then upgrade the PC first and then buy the SSD. The reason is the price will be down after couple of months and there is no point of buying the SSD 1st and use it for home decoration until you get your new/updated rig.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definitely the SSD is for future upgrade. Basically, there's 2 upgrades/modifications involved: a new build and converting the current base to HTPC. Don't think I can purchase all the things at a single go. So just gearing up. ;)

I personally want to finalize the new build next month, but that means online purchase only and making provision for higher prices. Juggling the options, will post new threads soon.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
How about this?

*www.bitfang.com/adata-s510-as510s3-120gm-c-120-gb-solid-state-drive-pid37068/

Performance is not ground breaking, but you get what you pay for. They also have a newer firmware released in Nov, so I think SF issues have been taken care of. Newegg feedbacks are positive overall. Moreover, I might be able to get it locally at a lower price. ADATA's site listed quite a few dealers and resellers in Patna. Will contact them tomorrow.

What say?

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Checked it much earlier, costly compared to Amazon even after shipping and customs added (but that is common for almost all the hardware now, even graphics cards are cheaper). Keeping the options open to get an Agility too.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Flipkart is an overpriced and overrated website. Their CS is good, but if they **** up, they **** UP real bad.

Skud if you buy directly from tirupati rather than online, it will be cheaper for you.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
I highly doubt if they have a office in Patna. Will try to contact them.

OP
Skud

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, now it looks like not a single SSD is immune to the BSOD problem:-

AnandTech - Crucial to Fix M4 BSOD Issue in Two Weeks

I think I will drop the plan to buy from Amazon. Will get whatever best is locally available at my budget (currently that points to Agility III).

rajesh201985

CrysIs Freak
hi guys
back after very long time :)
Corsair Force Seriesâ„¢ GT 60GB SATA III 6Gb/s Solid State Drive SSD - SATA 3- 3Yr | eBay

how abt this deal with 10% off coupon ??

It comes to 6750 rs

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
OK, now it looks like not a single SSD is immune to the BSOD problem:-

AnandTech - Crucial to Fix M4 BSOD Issue in Two Weeks

I think I will drop the plan to buy from Amazon. Will get whatever best is locally available at my budget (currently that points to Agility III).
why?

why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom