Which SSD to buy within 10-11k?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macho84

Ambassador of Buzz
ADATA is quite good at the price point. Its fine As most charges extra 1000-2500 . Where the difference is mere less than 50 mb. Where i do not thing we will reach the peak speed of 500 mb in real time max if we transfer arround 50 gb of data we feel the change. But obviously at sata 6.0 we really feel the difference in every app.

Can you any one tell me how to totally shift the OS from internal hdd to this ssd. I had took an image will that work out. But its 200 gb including my programs drive. But i just wanted the OS to be transferred.

I was wondering if we get the hands on the corsair accelerator drive then things will be changed.

red dragon

Master troll
As most of guys are from kolkata,
Please help me on this....my HW knowledge has become very rusty..
Can you guys suggest me a 120GB ssd for a 2010 MBP?

It is old c2d model but still runs just fine.

Will prefer to buy from Kolkata/Delhi.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pick up 120 GB OCZ Vertex 2. More reliable than Vertex 3.

You won't get TRIM support in Mac.

red dragon

Master troll
Is it available locally?
Cost?
And I do not need TRIM,even in 120GB will have more than 70-80GB free.

Last edited:

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Ico, I would not suggest a V2 over V3. As far as reliability is concerned, the V2 is less reliable, with 3-4 different variants floating out there. Only one specific version is good-others use cheaper components. The SF-2000 controller does a great job in maintaining the drive. The latest firmware revision is absolutely fine.

Make sure you give your SSD idle time once a week overnight, with HDD suspend mode disabled. The controller's automatic GC (Garbage Collection) will kick in and clean the drive for you. TRIM is great but not necessary. Also, Ccleaner does GC when cleaning your system. I do not know whether it is available for Mackintoshes though.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
No cccleaner but Macs have some cleaning scripts which actually runs automatically at late hrs.
Can run them from terminal anytime though.
There are sw like cleanmac etc.but never used them.
Anyways how much do they cost?
How expensive are the intel ssds?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom