Which phone to choose iphone 4 or Samsung galaxy s2

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachb4

Right off the assembly line
I still cant make my mind between the galaxy s2 and iphone4. I live in India.

The main reason for holding me back from iphone is that the problem of the screen getting scathe even for a lightest fall. Should I consider this as a limitation and remove iPhone from my choice. Is there any other drawback/advantages for iphone over S2?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
An Apple and iOS admirer here, also I loathe Samsung and Android but I'd take SII over an iPhone 4S any day.

PS- SII, if you can restrain yourself from flashing this and that ROM, which are basically meaningless and keep it as simple as possible. Otherwise you will end up as a flash junkie and asking five questions per day in XDA as i am seeing majority of smart kids do.
Hope you got my point.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
I don't like S2, there are much better options available than these two but still if you need to choose among these then opt for iphone.
Have a look at Xperia S, it costs around 27-28k

red dragon

Master troll
Not the screen but the glass back panel of 4s,that shatters easily.
If you do not mind 3.5 inch screen,get a 4s(not 4)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Of course, but do you even know how much i dislike Android, yet sometimes one have to use or do some things. Damn..

I know bro... you don't trust Samsung and LG and Sony and HTC... all crappy implementations of Android... closed source proprietary skins and closed drivers which leave Devs helpless...

But I am sure your next phone will be a Nexus device...

iOS is too crippled for powerusers...

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
If you want to just look at the phone, go for the iphone.

If you actually want to use it, buy the Galaxy s2.

I've tried every iphone yet and nothing can match the power of high end android phones.

But in that price range, the Galaxy Nexus would be an even better choice.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I know bro... you don't trust Samsung and LG and Sony and HTC... all crappy implementations of Android... closed source proprietary skins and closed drivers which leave Devs helpless...

But I am sure your next phone will be a Nexus device...

iOS is too crippled for powerusers...
No no, not Sony, neither hTC. I don't know i just hate Samsung, it gives me a feeling i am using a growing Nokia.
And to me a poweruser is someone who can do some powerful stuffs in a phone without the help of a desktop, sometimes, for some work. But that doesn't anyway mean a flash junkie. Boy, i hate that term and those users. I've seen 80% kids in xda who flashes CM Nightly at least twice or more a week and they keep wiping their device each time. Jesus Christ! Why on earth they have wasted their parents hard earned money, damn. Obviously a person who has nothing important in a smartphone, or have free flow time can do those things. But then again there was Nokia 1600 available.
And the second type of poweruser is, again, some kids who thinks by using an Android phone they become smart.
And the third type of poweruser is those kids, oh God, all kids, who use AOSP ROMs, will never find the reason behind the hype of some AOSP ROM anyway, who think some devs who are 'God' and keep bashing the manufacturer they are using and think they are capable enough to open their own brand, which is childish and nonsense, and they are the ultimate best. And they are blind or too ignorant to the new nonsense bugs which come with that AOSP ROM for free. It's so easy for them to say, oh! Your wifi isn't working, it's easy, just flash this patch! Hey you know that this ROM is so cooooool, my camera wasn't recording HD video, but it's so eassssssyyy, i just flashed a fix......, hey do you know why there is no sound when i call someone? Anyway, i think there is a patch for it.........so on so on. Quite obvious because they don't know how to use a phone.
When i first entered these latest mobile purchasing thing i wondered why their were different os out there, Symbian, UIQ, Windows, BB etc, but now, after 8 years i am ashamed that i had felt like that. In this long time I've been in so many forums but never ever saw a kiddish and poor and arrogant forum like XDA. I don't care how many developers are there, or how many 'Gods', when I've purchased it with my hard earned 700$ i purchased it from Samsung and i expect only them, however bad, they are professional, and i don't wanna put anything needless ROM from some unprofessional guys which are basically meaningless.
At the end of the day, after using Android for almost 14 months, I've NEVER tried a single custom ROM or flashed any crap app from Play Store. Neither i customised my home screen with some colourful icons and at the end of the saying, 'why on earth did i waste my time'?? So what did i ultimately achieve by using Android? Nothing! No, something, like a poorly optimized os, to which a dual core is still a dream, and that it will stutter any time it want, it will wake up anytime it want and light up my dark room at the middle of the night, it can freeze and reboot anytime it want, and some 'real multi-tasking' but which frequently kills some app without even damn informing because it went above threshold.
Sorry, i don't want that 'real multi-tasking', or that super smooth ui :rolleyes: or that highly optimized OS :rolleyes: and i don't wanna be a stupid who wanna be smart with the help of a phone.
So?? Yes, it's iOS which is for me, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have any flaws. Every OS has. But yes for my secondary purpose, which is next to 'toy' purpose I'll keep an Android and yes, it will be a Nexus as i don't wanna be a slave of Samsung anymore.

Remember one thing, by saying the above Apple won't credit my bank account, neither Google will debit any.

Jesus, Swyped so much off topic, if there were any grammatical and spelling mistakes you know why it occurred.

Last edited:

prasanth11

Broken In
Galaxy s2 is right choice
when jelly bean comes to Galaxy s2 may be by end of this year ,its runs as smooth as ios
Still s2 is lot smother than many phones,
I placed my galaxy s2 besides my friends iphone 4, Iphone is looked like a toy phone (because it has a thick cover over it),because of small screen size.

More that decision depends upon what you want to get from your phone,if you want a pure gaming mobile, iphone is better than s2, Rest of the issues, s2 has edge over iphone4. ( i guarantee iFan boys wont accept this)
just look at this

btw these photos are not by me,these are googled results of iphone4 vs galaxy s2 search.
*4.bp.blogspot.com/-DgzVR6jTFhw/TnB2gt0uhJI/AAAAAAAADs8/8vnkatuK7z8/s1600/galaxy-s-2-and-iphone-4.jpg
*techbend.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/iphone-4s-galaxy-s2.jpg

ritvij

rated R
No no, not Sony, neither hTC. I don't know i just hate Samsung, it gives me a feeling i am using a growing Nokia.
And to me a poweruser is someone who can do some powerful stuffs in a phone without the help of a desktop, sometimes, for some work. But that doesn't anyway mean a flash junkie. Boy, i hate that term and those users. I've seen 80% kids in xda who flashes CM Nightly at least twice or more a week and they keep wiping their device each time. Jesus Christ! Why on earth they have wasted their parents hard earned money, damn. Obviously a person who has nothing important in a smartphone, or have free flow time can do those things. But then again there was Nokia 1600 available.
And the second type of poweruser is, again, some kids who thinks by using an Android phone they become smart.
And the third type of poweruser is those kids, oh God, all kids, who use AOSP ROMs, will never find the reason behind the hype of some AOSP ROM anyway, who think some devs who are 'God' and keep bashing the manufacturer they are using and think they are capable enough to open their own brand, which is childish and nonsense, and they are the ultimate best. And they are blind or too ignorant to the new nonsense bugs which come with that AOSP ROM for free. It's so easy for them to say, oh! Your wifi isn't working, it's easy, just flash this patch! Hey you know that this ROM is so cooooool, my camera wasn't recording HD video, but it's so eassssssyyy, i just flashed a fix......, hey do you know why there is no sound when i call someone? Anyway, i think there is a patch for it.........so on so on. Quite obvious because they don't know how to use a phone.
When i first entered these latest mobile purchasing thing i wondered why their were different os out there, Symbian, UIQ, Windows, BB etc, but now, after 8 years i am ashamed that i had felt like that. In this long time I've been in so many forums but never ever saw a kiddish and poor and arrogant forum like XDA. I don't care how many developers are there, or how many 'Gods', when I've purchased it with my hard earned 700$ i purchased it from Samsung and i expect only them, however bad, they are professional, and i don't wanna put anything needless ROM from some unprofessional guys which are basically meaningless.
At the end of the day, after using Android for almost 14 months, I've NEVER tried a single custom ROM or flashed any crap app from Play Store. Neither i customised my home screen with some colourful icons and at the end of the saying, 'why on earth did i waste my time'?? So what did i ultimately achieve by using Android? Nothing! No, something, like a poorly optimized os, to which a dual core is still a dream, and that it will stutter any time it want, it will wake up anytime it want and light up my dark room at the middle of the night, it can freeze and reboot anytime it want, and some 'real multi-tasking' but which frequently kills some app without even damn informing because it went above threshold.
Sorry, i don't want that 'real multi-tasking', or that super smooth ui :rolleyes: or that highly optimized OS :rolleyes: and i don't wanna be a stupid who wanna be smart with the help of a phone.
So?? Yes, it's iOS which is for me, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have any flaws. Every OS has. But yes for my secondary purpose, which is next to 'toy' purpose I'll keep an Android and yes, it will be a Nexus as i don't wanna be a slave of Samsung anymore.

Remember one thing, by saying the above Apple won't credit my bank account, neither Google will debit any.

Jesus, Swyped so much off topic, if there were any grammatical and spelling mistakes you know why it occurred.

not offtopic.. its your decision.. if i use ios its my choice and no one has the right to say android is better or ios is..
everyone needs something for his own liking!
i absolutely hate android for the only reason that it still needs quad core processor to run smoothly and still hang from time to time..(one x)
ios is indeed better optimized as it runs great on a single core.. my 4 year old 3gs runs iOS 5.1.1 smoothly and plays all games and runs all apps except mc3.. on the other hand.. take an android phone.. it will hang and mess up no matter what!
the one x has lags when one runs temple run on it! seriously? what is the advantage then?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I don't get the point - They are apart by as much as ~10k

If it were the Iphone 4/4S vs SIII then I can see the point...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

There are stable ROMs out there for most phones... And yes... AOSP is better than manufacturer ports... but I prefer CyanogenMod 9...

Your loss... You should have atleast tried to see what a stable ROM like CM9 can do to your phone... You didn't try anything, didn't customize your phone at all... yet you bash android... Android is not for you...

See, no Swype on the iPhone...

not offtopic.. its your decision.. if i use ios its my choice and no one has the right to say android is better or ios is..
i absolutely hate android for the only reason that it still needs quad core processor to run smoothly and still hang from time to time..(one x)
ios is indeed better optimized as it runs great on a single core.. my 4 year old 3gs runs iOS 5.1.1 smoothly and plays all games and runs all apps except mc3.. on the other hand.. take an android phone.. it will hang and mess up no matter what!
the one x has lags when one runs temple run on it! seriously? what is the advantage then?

I have an old LG Optimus One with a crap ARMv6 600 MHz processor... It runs super smooth... CyanogenMod 9, SmartAssV2 Governer 748/480 MHz... Its a beauty... Temple Run works fine... Angry Birds Space works fine...

*i.imgur.com/yGnEQ.png

*i.imgur.com/9y4SZ.png

*i.imgur.com/e22Nu.png

Cheers!

I will buy a better phone in December...

ithehappy

Human Spambot
There are stable ROMs out there for most phones... And yes... AOSP is better than manufacturer ports... but I prefer CyanogenMod 9...

Your loss... You should have atleast tried to see what a stable ROM like CM9 can do to your phone... You didn't try anything, didn't customize your phone at all... yet you bash android... Android is not for you...

Cheers!

I will buy a better phone in December...
That's right Android is not for me.
But let me tell you one thing, I've used both the CM versions, 7 and 9. Really, that's a better ROM? Flash this to work something, flash that to work something. Good Lord, that will never be my cup of tea. (When i see the Q&A comments of different users talking about how a simple feature is not working and what they should do about it, i can't stop laughing. Let alone the GB version, it's not yet finished, lol. Immediately switched back to Stock and felt in heaven.
And also, i feel proud but not 'lost' by using Stock ROM for this long. If i had used any custom ROM in this period either my phone would be in trash or sold or broken by me by now.
And also I've used lots of kernels and modified lots of settings, but i gotta tell you i love Siyah kernel. Modifying some scripts did provide me some good smoothness. It's a kernel actually which is much more important than an unfinished and buggy ROM.
I am really glad that you've found CM to be good! Anyway, to me it's needless and a poor ROM. From utter disliking I'll NEVER use it.
Lets skip this OT conversation anyway.
Besides, i don't only bash Android, iOS even can be bashed for lacking some kiddish features. You can clearly see I've suggested OP the SII, but 4S. Anything, but I'll never be an arrogant and smartarse fanboy of Fandroid, blind or biassed schoolboy.
Believe me, you have no idea how stupid those spamming Android fanboys are (i am not referring anyone here) and just go to modmyi and then xda and you'll see how silly and uncharacteristic one can be. Okay, i get the point that majority of Android users are kids or schoolboys and flash junkies who never actually use the phone or don't know how to use it but still their immature, blind, biased, nagging and trying to be smartarse comments are really boring, especially when i get back from work tired and see those. On other times they are real fun but that time is less. Damn.....kids :eek:

Regards.

Last edited:

mnnueltuttu

Sharing is caring
I would say that you should choose iphone if you want to get future proof.Bcoz just think about the 3gs it still gets the newest update and support from Apple and also most recent programs also run on it may be smoothly or not but it runs.And as far as galaxy concerned it has got nice features but personally i don't like the plastiky feel.The phone should have a premium feel if you spend 20k or more on it.And another important thing Samsung deserted i9000 long time ago,only bcoz of xda they sustain.
And you can also attain customization to ios like android(not perfect though)

Celeste for blue tooth file transfer is a good example.

red dragon

Master troll
Love you posts Saurav!
Android may be great,but it is just not for me!
Used it for a very long time(till ICS,which BTW felt much worse than GB)have heard that Jelly Bean is really good,even some hardened iphone users have bought HOX or GS3,but I am really sick and tired of this Google circus!!
I am rather happy with a phone which has a tiny screen,can not be connected with the laptop without a specific SW,can not properly multi task does not support flash but somehow manage to do everything I actually need to do!

ritvij

rated R
Love you posts Saurav!
I am rather happy with a phone which has a tiny screen,can not be connected with the laptop without a specific SW,can not properly multi task does not support flash but somehow manage to do everything I actually need to do!

+infinity mate..(dont know how to make the symbol :p)
i did not buy hox for this reason only!
why cant iphone not properly multi task..
what multitasking means is the ability to many tasks at a time.. i dont give a damn about true multitasking!
seriously! tell me what apps that you guys use daily that needs this!
you type out a document while listening to your tracks, switch to the imp mail,, frag some guys in mc2 and back to editing! butter smooth in iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom