Which phone to choose iphone 4 or Samsung galaxy s2

Status
Not open for further replies.

red dragon

Master troll
Boasting multitasking and using a task killer in older Androids and default task manager in ICS@the same time!!
Tragedy of Android!
I unplugged the 4s @ 7 this morning,went to work in a place where 3G signal for Vodafone is patchy at best,phone continuously switched between 2g and 3g.
Received and made 15 calls(small ones of 2/3 minutes and one 6 minutes,wife as usual)
2 email accounts,both set to push.Replied to 15/20 mails
Continuously checking The Poke(awesome app!check it out,if you have not) and News 365.
Took a video of one colleague who was trying hard to impress the new cute little Polish nurse for 3/4 minutes.
Listened to some good ol Sabbath before calling it a day at 8.
Came back home,opened tapatalk(obviously on wifi,which was on the whole day but not connected as the place which I call my office/health centre now does not have wifi)
Now at 10:45 this thing shows that it still has 21% battery left!!
And this is precisely how a smart phone should work!
Oh!Played Temple Run for 25/30 minutes.

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
That's right Android is not for me.
But let me tell you one thing, I've used both the CM versions, 7 and 9. Really, that's a better ROM? Flash this to work something, flash that to work something. Good Lord, that will never be my cup of tea. (When i see the Q&A comments of different users talking about how a simple feature is not working and what they should do about it, i can't stop laughing. Let alone the GB version, it's not yet finished, lol. Immediately switched back to Stock and felt in heaven.
And also, i feel proud but not 'lost' by using Stock ROM for this long. If i had used any custom ROM in this period either my phone would be in trash or sold or broken by me by now.
And also I've used lots of kernels and modified lots of settings, but i gotta tell you i love Siyah kernel. Modifying some scripts did provide me some good smoothness. It's a kernel actually which is much more important than an unfinished and buggy ROM.
I am really glad that you've found CM to be good! Anyway, to me it's needless and a poor ROM. From utter disliking I'll NEVER use it.
Lets skip this OT conversation anyway.
Besides, i don't only bash Android, iOS even can be bashed for lacking some kiddish features. You can clearly see I've suggested OP the SII, but 4S. Anything, but I'll never be an arrogant and smartarse fanboy of Fandroid, blind or biassed schoolboy.

Believe me, you have no idea how stupid those spamming Android fanboys are (i am not referring anyone here) and just go to modmyi and then xda and you'll see how silly and uncharacteristic one can be. Okay, i get the point that majority of Android users are kids or schoolboys and flash junkies who never actually use the phone or don't know how to use it but still their immature, blind, biased, nagging and trying to be smartarse comments are really boring, especially when i get back from work tired and see those. On other times they are real fun but that time is less. Damn.....kids :eek:

Regards.

Leave the fanboys man they don't know anything they talk too much. I worked on both something the word has been used here poweruser . Everything is possible it's depends upon you, are you desperately want to or not. Well I had in past direct head to head talk with Saurik and with his team.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Love you posts Saurav!
Thanks pal.
Leave the fanboys man they don't know anything they talk too much.
Exactly, but at the beginning I couldn't avoid them. See the spoiler for the story (as it's little OT I think better put it under spoiler)
I mean it's like we were talking about something about our GSII in our dedicated forum but from nowhere some kiddish RC with full of thanks meter poped up and posed, 'I f****n love it', what's all it's about? Well another kid bashed iPhone by calling it iCrap and the other kid loved it. :razz: :oops:
You know what, it's easy. iPhone has been bashed by so called smart or power users as iCrap, iToy, iSheep etc and the slung ones which i am ignoring. But have you seen on any iPhone forum Android has been called with a poor choice of words? NO. The max they say Fandroid (and i love it), that's it. Well that clearly proves who are mean. I have no need to tell how many Android users are jealous of Apple. Why? Because it's a premium brand? Oh well, i don't wanna know.
Those users, you point out 10KG gold to them, they will not even look at it but will ask otherwise right away, is that smart/power gold?
Damn.
God bless them.

Well I have anyway decided to keep both OS, iOS for primary use, and Android for secondary, a Nexus one yes. Both OS have their advantages and cons as well. Neither Android is greater than iOS nor the opposite. Just that Android users should get a 'real' life and ditch the virtual one they are living atm (not applied to all but some).

Nighthawk12

In the zone
Samsung galaxy S2 is way better than Iphone 4/4s, And it's cheaper by 15k from 4s. Trust me, the only thing sucks in android is battery life apart from that Android beats apple in everything.
Android is way ahead of Ios in custimisation etc, Plus there are no limitations such as Ios.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Android phone +ves = ease of use and user friendliness. Decent screen size in the high-end devices.
Android phone -ves = crappy battery life on most devices. Mostly average/below average app devs in the Market, but this is very well changing. If these two are your requirements, get iPhone.

iOS phone +ves = battery life and very good apps + games.
iOS phone -ves = complicated. Apple needs to work on making things easier. Until then people who need a device with simplicity which "just" works out-of-the-box, they should get an Android phone.
Boasting multitasking and using a task killer in older Androids and default task manager in ICS@the same time!!
Tragedy of Android!
I unplugged the 4s @ 7 this morning,went to work in a place where 3G signal for Vodafone is patchy at best,phone continuously switched between 2g and 3g.
Received and made 15 calls(small ones of 2/3 minutes and one 6 minutes,wife as usual)
2 email accounts,both set to push.Replied to 15/20 mails
Continuously checking The Poke(awesome app!check it out,if you have not) and News 365.
Took a video of one colleague who was trying hard to impress the new cute little Polish nurse for 3/4 minutes.
Listened to some good ol Sabbath before calling it a day at 8.
Came back home,opened tapatalk(obviously on wifi,which was on the whole day but not connected as the place which I call my office/health centre now does not have wifi)
Now at 10:45 this thing shows that it still has 21% battery left!!
And this is precisely how a smart phone should work!
Oh!Played Temple Run for 25/30 minutes.
Just 21%?

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Seriously, how could you relate 'ease of use' and Android? :eek:
Or 'ease of use' is laggy UI with loads of bugs, plenty of wakelocks which will light up your room at midnight, when emailing a sudden freeze, or a task being killed when above threshold without notifying, a sudden FC or Not Responding pop up in an app and device will stuck at boot screen forever while a full wipe is the only option to recover, plenty of malware in Play Store and device will reboot anytime it want to, because the OS needed a restart, rofl?? and I am tired typing.........
Oh, I am excusing the battery life and game availability here, they don't make any impression to me.
And I can conclude, as I already said, one should use both OS,
Android +
• Openness of OS ! (Plenty of needless custom ROM, really what's the point?)
• Customization !! (Why someone wanna do that and who has that much time??)
Can't find any other thing.

Android -
• It will make you a slave, as the OS will drive you how it wants.
• All the points I said above. Which will be a dozen if written in separate.

If a person uses a phone as a toy, or is a flash junkie who flashes a new new ROM every day and wipe his device each time, have no need to use a mobile phone and not above 21 should use Android, proudly.
But for me, call me a noob, an idiot, or whatever you want, I will use iOS any day, anytime, for my primary purpose. But I will also keep Android, because I also need a toy to play with.

Last edited:

coolest111

Journeyman
Android phone +ves = ease of use and user friendliness. Decent screen size in the high-end devices.
Android phone -ves = crappy battery life on most devices. Mostly average/below average app devs in the Market, but this is very well changing. If these two are your requirements, get iPhone.

iOS phone -ves = complicated. Apple needs to work on making things easier. Until then people who need a device with simplicity which "just" works out-of-the-box, they should get an Android phone.

Just 21%?
Depends on brightness tooo....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seriously, how could you relate 'ease of use' and Android?
because it is _easier_ to use. :) Being here in New Delhi, I don't have to enter Kashmir via Afghanistan. I don't even have to enter Kolkata via Bangladesh.. lol.

and I'm not even an app/ROM whore. I use a phone, as a phone. First priority is - ease of use. Second is the feature set.

Android wins on both.

axes2t2

I am a cat
Seriously, how could you relate 'ease of use' and Android? :eek:
Or 'ease of use' is laggy UI with loads of bugs, plenty of wakelocks which will light up your room at midnight, when emailing a sudden freeze, or a task being killed when above threshold without notifying, a sudden FC or Not Responding pop up in an app and device will stuck at boot screen forever while a full wipe is the only option to recover, plenty of malware in Play Store and device will reboot anytime it want to, because the OS needed a restart, rofl?? and I am tired typing.........
Oh, I am excusing the battery life and game availability here, they don't make any impression to me.
Android +

Android -

If a person uses a phone as a toy, or is a flash junkie who flashes a new new ROM every day and wipe his device each time, have no need to use a mobile phone and not above 21 should use Android, proudly.
But for me, call me a noob, an idiot, or whatever you want, I will use iOS any day, anytime, for my primary purpose. But I will also keep Android, because I also need a toy to play with.

*i.imgur.com/iwXxC.gif

because it is _easier_ to use. :) Being here in New Delhi, I don't have to enter Kashmir via Afghanistan. I don't even have to enter Kolkata via Bangladesh.. lol.

Only bangladeshis do that.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Android +

Android -

Let's just make up stuff as we go along.

red dragon

Master troll

Just 21%?

Yes just 21% and very happy with it!
And the GS2 I had barely lasted till 3-4
pm with exactly same 3g signal and usage pattern!!
If iphone is complicated,Android is rocket science!
The only easy thing in Android is downloading cracked apk and installing them in the phone itself and kids just love this!!

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jesus Christ! Why on earth they have wasted their parents hard earned money, damn. Obviously a person who has nothing important in a smartphone, or have free flow time can do those things. But then again there was Nokia 1600 available.

I like to have Gadgets, not that I am freakin mad about that, but I do, I like to have all the latest Smartphones, in fact I purchased 38 of them in last 3.5 years :), and wasted unbelievable amount of money! Which could easily make a Honda Civic/VW Jetta if I haven't done:))

should one laugh or?

PS: No offence intended.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@axes- You wanna see my gif/pic collection? And I'd like to know if you have an Android or iOS device or are you just trolling kiddo?

Dude.. we have nothing to say against you. Specially when you "judge" people by the handsets they have.

And btw.. from last post.. :lol:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Well in my opinion iOS is simple :cool: I can't see any difficult in operating. And if someone going to comment on blue-tooth then yes by default Apple not allow that's the problem.

It was very rare when I needed a bluetooth only if my friend ask me to transfer a ringtone (which not going to work on other device), otherwise there are other way to use bluetooth.

My Droid 3 giving me NIGHTMARE:lol: stuck with something

@ithehappy you can ask other what type of problem they faced in iOS rather then talking about Custom ROM, they do same after rooting which iOS user do after JB. Plenty of thing talk specific it will be easy to support the argument.

The only easy thing in Android is downloading cracked apk and installing them in the phone itself and kids just love this!!

You can do same with iOS even you can crack your own app and share with other, in few sec:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom