1)Beyond Good & Evil [Very Funny/Emotional]
2)Max Payne 1 & 2 [Very Emotional]
3)ONI [Very Emotional]
4)NOLF 1/2 [Very Funny]
5)HL/HL2 [Mixed]
6)Zelda : Ocarina of Time [Mixed]

MalcolmX

Right off the assembly line
i can't believe that there are not so many posts pointing out to gta games which have the best storylines usually and even max payne rox!!

domin8r

Journeyman
On the top...

I think with game story lines, we're talking about stuff that keeps the user glued in to the action, all the while making him feel that he is in someway responsible for the way game turns out. In this respect, although full of crappy gameplay, DeusEX had a storyline that could go either way depending on the action the user took. For sheer immersement, "Warcraft III: Rein Of Chaos" takes the cake. How all the different races come together to save earth, or eventually fail to do so, is definitely great. With game sequels popping up everyday, Half Life & Gordon's fight for survival is the winner. How Valve have kept the climax for the third edition of the franchise is totally enthralling.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Enthralling, says you. Rabidly frustrating, says I. :D I am a truly foaming-at-the-mouth, rabid fan of the HL series, but the ending was a bit too much even for me. I can understand the Matrix Reloaded type cliffhanger ending, but an ending like that for a game that's not going to hit shelves at least until 2007 is a really bad move. I had half a mind to butcher Marc Laidlaw in the worst possible manner after I went "Huh! Wha..?" when the game ended. The only letdown for me in the whole game was the ending.

domin8r

Journeyman
Enthralling, yes. Frustrating, to some. They will have to keep something for the 3rd edition, or for Aftermath.

g0rd0n

Right off the assembly line
Re: On the top...

domin8r said:
Half Life & Gordon's fight for survival is the winner. How Valve have kept the climax for the third edition of the franchise is totally enthralling.

Yes, HL2 be it has a nice storyline , BUT also i love the way the story of HALO proceeds step by step. Max payne 1,2 & GTA series well those are classics .

& abt HL3 ! , its will be started after the expansion pack(Half Life 2:Aftermath) is finnished off with , Rumor has it that in the third edition of the series u will play as as Alyx Vance , rather than good'ol Gordon Freeman :D
Lets see just wait and see how that works out :roll:

Muad'dib

Broken In
Final Fantasy 7 is the best game ever made, storywise.
People might argue that its a PS game, but a PC version was released as well so technically it can be counted as PC.
If you aint played it, then you aint played a game.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
HL3 as Alyx? Nah man, that would suck. Playing as Alyx in Hl2 spinoffs is ok, much like BS or OF, but HL3 as her, I don't think that a good idea.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Though kiddish you might agree.

And there is infact a 4th game based on the Potter universe, the Quidditch game.

pallavnawani

Broken In
What better story than Harry Potter. All the three games based on the stories are ver good.
Harry potter games, Max Payne 2, HL2, etc good story lines? Well, I suppose everybody have their own likes and dislikes :)

I think that MP2 did not have a good story line. Well, at least the dialogue was way overdone. About 20% of the dialogs were about a bullet in a head. I dislike vague statements which pretend to be profound. Max payne had them in spades. I thought they were totally misplaced. Then again, Max Payne would get shot/meet an accident, and wind up in a hospital. Again, and again.

HL2 story is an ad hoc concotion because they had to make a sequel to HL1 which had no story whatsoever. As is usual in such situations, they mixed and matched and came up with something. It is no better than the stories that are seen with some of the freeware games. Funny thing is that freeware projects which make a big storyline before hand are usually not completed ;)

What about you try Baldur's Gate 2 and The Earth Lords for some nice stories? Both are RPGs.

Pallav

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
i think the AWARD FOR THE BEST STORY GOES TO ..... Rockstar Game's MAX PAYNE series
you can actually feel yourself in the story.. esp the ending of MP2 i loved it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom