Which PC Game has best story line??

Status
Not open for further replies.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Nothing beats Far Cry on storyline or gameplay

Far Cry offers unique storyline and game play along with some cool graphics whitch no other game could touch

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
About Painkiller the story line is utter foolishness!!!!
How could a man get stuck b/w hell and heaven????
His past life is also not uncommon, then how!!!

infernus

Broken In
Metal Gear Solid 3:Snake Eater easily is the undisputed winner. Snake Eater rivals any storyline from Hollywood for the title of the most elaborate, intricate, and detailed plot in a long time.

mamba

In the zone
GNUrag said:
mamba said:
that's it?? that's all you wanted to say?
Plz dont misuse the quickreply feature like this.

hey
vot , u expect me 2 rite a full page essay . replied coz was said in gud humour , thats it

@arvind , didnt go through the whole thread before posting 'PAINKILLER' .
seems 2 me even u didnt . DKant had posted quake III , n this was somethin in the same league , but believe me , hadnt read his post or wouldnt have posted in the first place . ne more explanations reqd . :D :D :D

tejesh

Broken In
For me , the PC game having the best storyline would be Max Payne 2.
Hitman series is good, too.
WWII shooters like CoD, Brothers in Arms are equally good.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Max Payne 2 seems to be the universal favourite. If a game without any ads and publicity can be so famous, imagine what it would have been like if they had gone for a publicity blitz here!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
In a world full of hype where they say a game is gonna be this and its gonna be that, and they promise too much and deliver too little (*cough*EtM*cough*) I think I like the part about Max Payne 2 where they said next to nothing and let it blow me off my feet. I prefer it this way though. Talk about modesty, those guys take the cake.

S

silver bullet

THE BEST STORYLINE EVER IN ANY PC GAME RELEASED ON THIS EARTH SO FAR HAS GOT TO BE THE ONE IN

HALF LIFE 1

devil666

Broken In
i think Max Payne has a good story line. not too sure about hitman though. too many loopholes in it to believe. I believe RPG's in general have good storyline because there is a lot of character development involved. Diablo 2, even though a good RPG, the story is doesnt seem to be of epic proportions. It seems more like, they had to give us a reason to hack those monsters to death. But the way they created the FMV sequences is awesome.

Consoles in general have games with better story lines. Metal Gear Solid is a fine example. Its story driven game and not the other way around. I'm not sure if anybody here will like those turn based RPG's like Final Fantasy. If you guys have the patience, you will really enjoy the Final Fantasy 6 and the superb story line. Next in line would be the Final Fantasies for Playstation. Legend of Zelda anyone? Link and Hyrule are defnitely a Legend.

Has anyone have played Neverwinter Nights for the PC. another marvellous game. I've only played a few levels of it and i'm already loving it. ;)

ashvidia

Right off the assembly line
I indeed felt the Hitman Series is the best for the challenging and interesting story line up of each game.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Hmmm , lets see, my favorites for the storyline would be

Knights of the Old Republic
Thief
Max Payne (Never had the chance to play MP2 :( )
Hitman

In the beginning I used to like the storyline of Everquest in the beginning but after the expansions I found it boring.

capricorn9946

Right off the assembly line
gr8est of all Times!!!!!

Whenever i play a game i select 3 important features of the game 1.Graphics,
2.Story line &
3.Startegy involved.
To me the games which has the best story line are MaxPayne, Return to Castle Wolfenstein,Hitman,Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3:Raven Shield and Hidden and Dangerous 2.
All these games have the excellent graphics and its really worth to play more than once.If any of you have not yet played Raven shield and H&D 2 then do try to get hold of these to particular games....they are just gr8!!!!!!! thats all i can say, i will give these 2 particular games 10/10 for being best in all the features.

pallavnawani

Broken In
My favourite stories are (In no particular order)
1. Baldur's gate 2
2. The Earth Lords ( Sharware RPG )
3. Diver Down ( Freeware RPG )
4. StarCraft

Biggest dissapointments were (In no particular order):
1. Warcraft 3
2. Max Payne 2

Games that were fun even without a real story (In no particular order):
1. Serious Sam 1 & 2
2. Diablo 2
3. Q3 Arena

Pallav