which one to choose - TCS or Cognizant ??

Which company is better for Freshers

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
hello !!

I'm doing Final year of B.Sc.(Computer Science) in University of Pune.

I got selected in TCS thru campus interview in August.
And also for Cognizant yesterday.

TCS is giving package of 1.8 per annum as Developer.
Cognizant is giving 1.91 per annum as Software Tester.

[size=+1] So, which to choose ??? [/size]

Can someone guide me please ??

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Well, Um. I'd suggest you to do post graduate in MCA/M.Tech and then join a Job!

I'm saying that because, once you join, you'll not be in a mood to study!!

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I can't !!!

I HAVE TO DO JOB !!! (some family reasons)

I made my mind that I will study after JOB too !!!

BTW, both TCS and Cognizant allowing PG parallel to job (after 2 years)

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
shirish are you gone mad TCS is the ultimate,dont bother about your salary pakage it is reasonble for you (B.S.C) growing will be high on your performance in TCS compared to COGNIZANT

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
^^lol batista bro if are severly misinformed.TCS is the worst possible IT company in India and I really mean it.They select the most no. of IT graduates in India and they give you peanuts as salary and the scope of growth nearly nil.

I would go for Cognizant anyday.But its your call but please dont join TCS.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah TCS hires loads of people with a grand salary (They took around 160 from my college the last year, a lot of them with 1-2 standing arrears!).

But am not saying A is better than B or vice versa, just supporting The_Devil_Himself's statement of them hiring loads of people with less or very less technical skills. Maybe it could make your choice better.

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
But, TCS is no.1 IT company in INDIA.

And if I had experience letter of TCS, then I can get job easily in any other company!

BTW, I like TCS people, their standard and their culture.

And, most important thing for me --> TCS is INDIAN company !!
It will be my pleasure to work FOR India.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
Yea they selected about 140 from my college of about 200-250 who applied for placements.They hire bulk of graduates and then kiss them goodbye after some months(lets say 2 out of every 3).

And anyday: Cognizant>>>>TCS IMHO.

@shirish:D:dude working in an Indian company doesn't necessarily mean you are working for India.And why did you ask the question if you were already floored by TCS?

Anyways its your call.I Don't really know your situation but I would have preferred higher studies if I were you.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
shirish_nagar said:
But, TCS is no.1 IT company in INDIA.

And if I had experience letter of TCS, then I can get job easily in any other company!

BTW, I like TCS people, their standard and their culture.

And, most important thing for me --> TCS is INDIAN company !!
It will be my pleasure to work FOR India.

that's what iam saying working in TCS is somewhat prestigeous and the top most in revenue,also show me how many software companies has people without bench including me

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
and, yeh... another issue...

Tech Mahendra is also coming for Campus Interviews next month.
I'm damn sure that I'll be selected for that too!! ;-)

So, now I have to choose from... TCS, Cognizant & Tech Mahendra.

they told that we have to undergo training period of 6 months @ Chennai.

So, how can they say bye bye within 2-3 months ??

The_Devil_Himself said:
Yea they selected about 140 from my college of about 200-250 who applied for placements.They hire bulk of graduates and then kiss them goodbye after some months(lets say 2 out of every 3).

And anyday: Cognizant>>>>TCS IMHO.

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
shirish_nagar said:

I said they will kiss goodbye to 2 guys out of every 3 I dint say in 3-4 months.

abhi_10_20

Cool and Calm
Both are same....but one thing.... all this IT and all is $hit... its like a wormhole.... i too hafta join next year.... still figuring out how to escape from it... :sad: dont have any other option too.. :sad:

OP
Garbage

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
abhi_10_20 said:
Both are same....but one thing.... all this IT and all is $hit... its like a wormhole.... i too hafta join next year.... still figuring out how to escape from it... :sad: dont have any other option too.. :sad:
got someone who "don't like" IT !!

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
abhi_10_20 said:
What do you mean no escape from it? Join it if you're interested, is anyone forcing you or something? :confused:

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
CTS(cognizant technology for solution) anyday

Testers are well paid compared to developers, though the job will seem boring at first but believe me testing is the hardest and at the same time challenging part.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
ITS what the JOb PROFILE....

what u wanna be DEVELOPER or TESTER....
Get idea from ur seniors what is teh job like...find out ur liking..what u will like to work upon...and NOt for whom....

Give interview of TECH MAHINDRA and see what job profile they are giving....
See which company is offering better growth adn what u wanna do....
Is there any kidn of bond at either of company???

i will not say TCS....as i knw most of them after training period sit on BENCH...with no project...

CTS is better than TCS..with respect to work offered...but then TESTER is different job..not all can adapt to it....

i will say wait for tech mahindra and then decide...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom