Which one portrays more violent - MOVIES or GAMES ?

Flash

Lost in speed
Me and my friend was having this discussion this morning.
He stood for Movies, whereas i voted for Games.

Like to see a similar discussion from TDFers here :mrgreen:

Last edited:
I think its Games.
In games you can live out those violence.

For eg. In movies you see a bad guy slit another's throat...in games, you get to slit a throat.

The interactivity of violence in games makes it more...violent of the two..

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent
Games are violent but unless it got good GFX it aint that bad either...
Just watch "Saw" series if anyone thinks movies ain't that violent
so i +.5 for movies & +.5 for games

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
I will stand for Movies. I stopped watching Reserviour Dog in the mid. But dont remember if I stopped playing any games due to violence.

One thing i cant handle about movies is the rape scenes in Bollywood movie. Man they make it so gruesome and detailed. I am a guy and i feel nauseous watching it. and there is no censorship when they show it on Zee Cinema. Like Daamini..

And there was this one movie where in a rape scene a gang of guys kidnap the heroine, throw her in a fountain, strip her so that she doesn't have the guts to come out of the water, and then they pull her by her ear ring.. She has two option, let them tear off her ears or stand up and show her naked body. Heroine was Meenakshi i think.

And another gruesome one, the husband is tied,gagged and hung above a deep well, suspended by a rope. The wife has to keep holding the rope else her husband will fall in the well. And meantime the bad guy is raping her. The husband can do nothing but watch his wife getting raped as she holds on to her husband's dear life.

Hollywood's Saw series never made me cringe as much as these Hollywood blockbusters...how can a family watch these kinda movies? specially multi award winning movies like Daamini??
For me nothing is more violent than a rape scene >_<

I think ill shift my position from Games to Movies on this debate...

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
With the release of GTA V, this question came up again..

Do Games Like 'Grand Theft Auto V' Cause Real-World Violence? - Forbes

d3p

PowerHouse
The Number of Movies showing Violence are more in numbers compared to Games. I go with Movies.

Watch any Regional Movie, Bollywood Movie or Korean or Chinese, Violence is the major aspect to spice up the story. But whereas games like COD MW2 [No Russian], GTA Series you have user control on it. Don't like, skip it.

Sarath

iDota
"Dexter" and "Kasauti Zindagi Ki" are psychologically marring. Even Kratos is scared of the latter.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Movies - movie puts more psycological effect then games...If I play NFS or burnout I may not drive my car like that on the busy road...but movies gives you food for mind...like someone above said its gives you ideas to RAPE, kidnap, kill etc

I Remember how in childhood we used to play sword fight with scales after watching Tipu sultan and Mahabharat and wwf at school ...but never tried to drive like nfs or shoot like contra or kill like max pyne even if I played these in very young age.

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
I'd choose movies if I had to choose between them.
Frankly movie violence does not bother me, it does not actually influences most common people. what bothers me are those 8pm saas-bahu soaps & serials, corrupts the minds of girls, gives them wierd ideas.

Game violence in a way is applicable only to USA where having guns is legal & most people have a gun which may cause them to replicate what they play. As for GTA, There's no way a normal person could be influenced to drive crazy or steal fallen cash after playing the game.

Last edited:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Games. Is there a movie where a cat is used as a silencer? No? Then games.

PS canada has as many guns as US, but none of the prolems

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
In my point, it will be Games.
You can visualize and reproduce the intense gore in all its visual glory in games.

For example:
1. Ripping apart a man into two pieces, or smashing heads with hammerfists or slicing a group of people with whipfist in Prototype. Not to mention Kratos, in God of War.
2. Kill Cam in Sniper Elite Series.

Movie violence will be limited by the Censor board, while screening and you've to go around to get the uncut version.

CommanderShawnzer

Steam High Templar
In my point, it will be Games.
You can visualize and reproduce the intense gore in all its visual glory in games.

For example:
1. Ripping apart a man into two pieces, or smashing heads with hammerfists or slicing a group of people with whipfist in Prototype. Not to mention Kratos, in God of War.
2. Kill Cam in Sniper Elite Series.

Movie violence will be limited by the Censor board, while screening and you've to go around to get the uncut version.

console grafix sux

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Out of these two, I would choose Movies. I have played violent games, but I do have control over it. With movies, I am always selective. For example, I did not watch Gajini because I was fed up with the violence in the Tamil version.

We should have a 'honourary' mention of our beloved news channels. How can we forget their contributions (Pun intended).

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Movies because games are 3D visualization and movies involves real person to display violence so real kinda feeling is there...
but there is no doubt that some games are too violent/gory to play such as GOW or Mortal Kombat :mrgreen:

Top Bottom