Which One is better deal ? SGS IV or SXZ or HTC ONE ?

Which One would you Prefer ?

• Samsung Galaxy S IV

Votes: 26 32.9%
  • SONY Xperia Z

Votes: 27 34.2%
  • HTC ONE

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I would like to suggest another phone...

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

pratyush997

Inactive
Not having cm is not the end of world!and just for the record This also doesn't mean that exynos version won't have cm - the device is bound to be popular and there will be many new devs (i admit that they won't be as experienced as entropy and all) and like almost most other android devices out there - unofficial ports are bound to come.
There is no point in blaming an OEM for not releasing their pripeitory sources
There is(lil bit). They all took sources from Google! the OS(Doesn't matter though) but still, For example, see Sony! sources and all released before even Xperia Z came in markets!
It creates difference (for me it does, don't know about others )
Z is a great device and has many a things like display /design/skin/ruggedness to its favour against s4 (and so does s4) - but the claim - "get z as you can flash cyanogenmod" seems childish (- nobody here said to get z to flash cm, was, just saying - no offense)
you are mainstream consumer dude :)

But I really never liked the idea of paying premium for a device and then going through all the hassles like unlocking boot loaders, flashing recoveries installing roms, tweaking them etc
How about an iPhone then?

Nexus and Sony seems to rock in near future!
HTC is trolling with their Bootloader locked thing!

Last edited:

nikufellow

In the zone
you are mainstream consumer dude :)
Converted mainstream customer :p
I used to do flashing and rom changing on a daily basis with my htc pico&galaxy mini but after I've moved onto seemingly more powerful devices I've been mostly satisfied to live with oem boats.
Ps: but I do root for backups and some other root apps

pratyush997

Inactive
Converted mainstream customer :p
I used to do flashing and rom changing on a daily basis with my htc pico&galaxy mini but after I've moved onto seemingly more powerful devices I've been mostly satisfied to live with oem boats.
Ps: but I do root for backups and some other root apps
haha
BTW edited last post

randomuser111

Technomancer
If you actually read my posts, it's not all about CM but also software quality and user experience.

Samsung stock ROMs are far from perfect. They have a lot of bugs and not to mention Samsung has had some serious issues in the past like Exynos security exploit, eMMC bug, S3 sudden death and a few others I can't remember now.

Entropy512 explains this better :

"Yeah. I love the Z's display.

It's slightly behind the GS4 in terms of CPU (1.5 GHz quad Krait instead of 1.9) - but that really only matters on benchmark epeen. The raw hardware performance advantage will be thrown away by Samsung's bloat and atrocious software incompetence. Samsung Touchwizz is revolting and bloated, constantly assaulting you to sign up for a Samsung account until you give in or nuke the bloat. Sony's stock firmware, on the other hand, is so clean and well done that the ONLY thing I've done to my device after rooting so far has been to freeze the charge reminder in TiBu.

nikufellow

In the zone

How about an iPhone then?
Well unlike most others if I had enough money I'd actually love to experience owning one :p

If you actually read my posts, it's not all about CM but also software quality and user experience.
Mate I've explicitly mentioned that nobody here said that nobody HERE said to buy Z for cm so no hard feelings.
And yeah I've read all that and having tried my hands at kernel development too of gts5360(freq tables are so messed that apps cannot even access cpu states) - i do know very well that Sammy sucks at softwares.

guru_urug

iGoogle
One question.
Why is the LG optimus G Pro not being considered here? It beats the HTC one in most benchmarks, it will definitely be more affordable than the other manufacturers and it also has really good software features. I reckon its atleast worthy to be discussed amongst the other flagships. IMO if priced reasonably lower than other flagships it would be "the better deal."

Last edited:

guru_urug

iGoogle
Phablets are phones first... if someone starts a thread to suggest a new phone, we can suggest note 2, grand or micromax canvas hd too..but obviously not galaxy tab 2 with sim support since that is a tablet.

With a 5 inch screen the Galaxy S4 is also by definition a phablet

randomuser111

Technomancer
Galaxy S4 price in India for 16GB variant - Rs44999.

iGyaan.in | Samsung Galaxy S4 Launch in India set at May 10, Price Rs. 44,999/-

Is Galaxy S4 worth 6K extra over Z ? :)

amjath

Human Spambot
adding some more heat
Samsung Galaxy S 4 I9500 Android Smartphone - price in India : Rediff Shopping

s4 pre order @ 59990

shipping in 45 days :rofl:

randomuser111

Technomancer
Samsung Galaxy S3 launched in India at Rs 43,180; eyes 60% of Indian smartphone market - Economic Times

This should clear some doubts

S3 launched at 43k, available same day in shops for 39k. Same price for first few weeks then retailed at 35-36k for the next few months.

With the same logic S4 should be available same day for 40.5k and retail for 37.5-38k for the next few months.

By the Xperia Z will be available @ 33-34k and ZL @ 30-31k

A whopping 8k over Xperia ZL. :)

randomuser111

Technomancer
^

Well he is kind of right........ in a way. Overall obviously even a demo Z with low quality panel is way better than a One V. But these demo unit screens have only 450:1 contrast ratio. So his comment was probably based on contrast alone ( i.e. if he isn't a Troll.) LOL :D

Top Bottom