Which LINUX???

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
DDIF

DDIF

Custom User Title
Hey Manshahia bro! do you have the DVD of FEDORA CORE 6 ?? If yes then can you send that to me via post?? I'll pay the cost and return you the DVD after installation.

freebird

Debian Rocks!
it is wvdial

tech_your_future said:
use vwdial
it is wvdial
@manshahia:you can use the command ``wvdialconf`` to configure dialup or via your mobile phone.i have tried to explain this howto here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=406675&postcount=6

try..and post:)
ManiDhillon said:
And one thing, my nokia PC SUITE should run on that version coz i connect to net using my phone as modem. I can handle any type of OS, so no matter that it should be easy to use or not. But it should have all functions and compatibilities for multimedia and for my hardware. Pls Pls help me.
and nokia PC SUITE -i think gnokii is doing the same in GNU/Linux.
in debian or ubuntu u can apt-get install gnokii easily and for rpm based distros like fedora,mandriva u can get gnokii rpms or use yum to install.

OP
DDIF

DDIF

Custom User Title
pathiks said:
@ mani u shd try fc6 or open suse 10.2 or mandriva 2007.... if u dont hav a proper net conn.
Almost everyone except some few people suggest me to try Fedora Core 6. But No one wrote any review of FC6. Can you compare it with Windows?

Pathik

Google Bot
dude i m tooo under equipped to compare two oses...
btw dont assume that if u install a linux os it ll definitely work on ur pc...
fc6 didnt work on my pc due to display driver errors but works good on my friends pc... jus keep experimenting wit diff oses n u ll find the right one 4 u...
u hav to start somewhere na??? install wichever os u get .. dont be choosy...

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
ManiDhillon said:
Yeah It can be easy on LINUX to setup the GPRS to use internet, but what about the modem drivers for my phone as i use a datacable and phone as modem. The Drivers are autometically installed when i install PC Suite for my phone. Thats the only problem which i think i'll face!

no, as i've seen with N3220 and N6681, linux detects them as usb modem, no need for drivers or anything, you just need to write proper wvdial.conf and you're all done, let us know when you've installed any distro.

and yeah as far as FC6 is considered, you'll have a hard time configuring it as compared to ubuntu.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Oops sorry about that typo it's wvdial.
As for the distros, you can go for Suse 10.2 or FC6 or mandriva 2007 all are equally good. But, if you have a decent net connection with unlimited downloads then I would suggest you to try Ubuntu 6.06 or 6.10. Or you can go for freespire but it has a comparative smaller community. And when it comes to linux, community is the most important thing.

drsethi

Journeyman
I am using Suse 10.2. Fully satisfied with it. You can try it.
Available in this month PCWORLD.
Nawanshahr is a district place and very near Chandigarh and Jalandhar,and I think there should be no difficulty in getting any magazine there.

OP
DDIF

DDIF

Custom User Title
drsethi said:
I am using Suse 10.2. Fully satisfied with it. You can try it.
Available in this month PCWORLD.
Nawanshahr is a district place and very near Chandigarh and Jalandhar,and I think there should be no difficulty in getting any magazine there.
No sir PC world is not available here but DIGIT is available. Its a small city and hasn't as much as computer users as Jalandhar and Ludhiana. In our village including me 4 people use PC but they use it only for viewing movies and playing games. Except me no one is even using internet in our village.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom