which laptop is best for home use. pls suggest. urgent

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
For Home use get a Vaio. Great screen with best viewing angles so that you and your family can enjoy movies together. Looks great and no heating problems

OP
R

Rajiv

Broken In
Most probably will buy Asus K Series K53SV-SX520D..

What will be the best price for it..
and what freebies i can bargain for /..

Personally I am thinking of getting a bag, headphone
and a laptop cooler..

Any suggestions:-?

aroraanant

Explorer
There is no need to get a laptop cooler/fan for Asus as they don't have any heating issues.
Try to get a pen drive and a kaspersky original AV and a mouse at the dealer end.Laptop bag will be given to you by the company only.
I hope you can easily get it for 38-39k,try to bargain and get it for around 37k

OP
R

Rajiv

Broken In
I already have a wireless mouse ..

Can you suggest any good headphone which i can get from the dealer as
a freebie..

aroraanant

Explorer
as a freebie the dealer will not give you the headphones that you will ask,he will just give you some cheap ones costing around 100 or 200 bucks

mayoorite

Night Fury
why aroraanant you always recommend "Sony VAIO VPCEG25EN" ,my friend had it,he says its sound quality is poor as well as its webcam is just 0.3 MP,wi fi is also slow ,but its display is best.The drivers and softwares that Sony provides tends to crash.i would recommend Samsung NP300-E5Z-S01IN Laptop .yes its camera is also 0.3MP but its more durable,more portable(2.34kg while sony one is 2.7kg),has more hdd,ram,1gb graphic card.The Samsung NP300E5Z laptop looks clean with its scratch-resistant and anti-fingerprint surface. The duracase casing of this Samsung laptop is tough and durable to protect it against the risk of bumps and knocks also. Its Battery Backup is also 5-6 hours in general use.

please read MakeUseOf.com_-_Laptop_Guide_2011.pdf before buying a laptop.

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^^
Bro its not like I always suggest,but I feel its a good laptop in a budget of around 28k.
I don't know why your friend is facing issues with the sound and wifi and other things as I have recently bought the same and my brother is using it and till yet we have faced no issues.And yes the camera in 0.3mp
Yes the Samsung is good but the if one don't needs to game then what it is the fun of suggesting a laptop with a graphic card.And the RAM can be upgraded for merely 600 bucks and yes the difference of HDD matters.BTW currently I am getting a very good battery back up in Sony of around 4-4.5 hrs with normal usage. very easily.
And the build quality is also good.And you know look wise sony laptops are very good.
And also they are pretty old in the market and much reliable also.

P.S. I am not saying that Samsung laptops are not good.They are very good but I suggested according to the OP requirements and we all know opinions of different people are different.

OP
R

Rajiv

Broken In
how and from where do we get coupon discounts on any gadget purchase..

as @dashing.sujay has mentioned in his CB35 review..

OP
R

Rajiv

Broken In
which laptop is more suitable to my requirements among the two..
Also which one is better VFM and better in performance

1. ASUS X53SC-SX536D / 2nd Generation Core i5

2. Sony VAIO E Series VPCEG3AEN Laptop
(White)

mayoorite

Night Fury
Below is the details of the graphic card in the asus X53SC-SX536D.
For More details:Mobile Graphics Cards - Benchmark List - Notebookcheck.net Tech

*MOD EDIT*

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@mayoorite, i understand you want to help but this is not a way to post. if you find something useful, post a link or give a short description. posting a huge pile of random benchmark scores will cause others to complain about the same. please avoid this kind of post in the future.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
how and from where do we get coupon discounts on any gadget purchase..

as @dashing.sujay has mentioned in his CB35 review..

Those were good old *letsbuy* days. You won't get such discounts now.

which laptop is more suitable to my requirements among the two..
Also which one is better VFM and better in performance

1. ASUS X53SC-SX536D / 2nd Generation Core i5

2. Sony VAIO E Series VPCEG3AEN Laptop
(White)

Go with Asus one just because its too much VFM. Nothing to complain.

Also, I saw some posts complaining about Sony's driver issues. I must say Sony's wifi driver is not at all mature. I have heard numerous complaints about wifi problems in Vaio, along with mine. (not too serious but still). Also, Sony has restricted users to download drivers from its own site only, if updating from any other site (like from amd or intel site), you are responsible for it. That's kind of sad.

mayoorite

Night Fury
@mayoorite, i understand you want to help but this is not a way to post. if you find something useful, post a link or give a short description. posting a huge pile of random benchmark scores will cause others to complain about the same. please avoid this kind of post in the future.
OK I will remember that

Top Bottom