• iTunes

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other

Votes: 8 19.5%

• Total voters

gameranand

Living to Play
vineet369 said:
^^ Well, but there's one thing which is really great in Winamp. It tracks how many times have I played a particular song, and I can just select the songs to play, which I have listened many times. Thus avoiding manually adding my fav songs.
That is included in Mediamonkey also. It keep track of your most played tracks and the 50 tracks played plus some others so its best for me. You name a feature and most probably this player have it.

Anand_Tux

Journeyman
In Linux I use VLC for videos & Amarok for audio and in Win7 I prefer Windows Media Player for audio & of course VLC for video.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
These days I am using 1by1 a directory MP3 player, recommended in some thread of TDF.
Its a bare minimum player, which does what its supposed to do. Play songs, with no hassles of Playlists! Loads instantly, with last directory selected. :-D

Pump up the Volume... :))

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Winamp for Audio, VLC & MPC HomeCinema for videos, powerdvd for DVDs, VCDs.

No vote for iTunes!!!:shock: Is Steve Jobs watching? And nobody has a iPod here!?

tanmoydast

Broken In
Many people likes VLC media player but I use a media player which I think is great for its look,sound quality.Which is-

Jet Audio Player:lol:
:-D

gameranand

Living to Play
tanmoydast said:
Many people likes VLC media player but I use a media player which I think is great for its look,sound quality.Which is-

Jet Audio Player
Well its a good player but lack of proper organization system and sluggish interface so a no go for me. And also its just not that simple to use kinda hidden features which you have to find out.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
as i have 110 GB+ songs my experience is

Freeware/Open Source
Audio > WMP
Video > Media Player Classic / VLC

Paid (as well as amongst best )
Audio >
Video> Cowon Jet Audio plus VX 8 (for crystal clear sound / unique sound enhancements / minimum distortion in sound enhancement>
But for the purpose of editing tags nothing beat J river Media Center.

I have both Use Jet Audio and Media Center.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another Good Media Player I've used was Zoom Player though it has freeware version it's Home MAX version is the best one.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I have voted-

VLC Player (for all my Video needs)
Other ( I use foobar 2000 for audio which I think is awesome)

Used to use Winamp before but after the recent versions I have dumped it. Also, I have iTunes installed for my iPod but hardly use for audio and video.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nobody is talking about Songbird. Its a very solid player & organizer, although looks a bit rough.

And what really happened to iTunes? Still no vote nor anybody's saying anything about it...

gameranand

Living to Play
Skud said:
Nobody is talking about Songbird. Its a very solid player & organizer, although looks a bit rough.
Songbird is good and I use it on my Ubuntu.

Skud said:
And what really happened to iTunes? Still no vote nor anybody's saying anything about it...
Complete ****. Installs about 3 or 4 additional software for no use runs a process all the time and also the player itself is resource hungry and nothing special about. I don't have Ipod so why on earth will I ever use this when I have so much better alternatives.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, iTunes is a complete **** (whatsoever you wanted to mean). But I really want to know how many iPod owners here and what they are actually using.

gameranand

Living to Play
Skud said:
But I really want to know how many iPod owners here and what they are actually using.
Well my friend uses Media Monkey. And its damn good but the problem is that Itunes has to be installed in your system.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well those who own iPod touch must use iTunes otherwise they cant install apps from their pc's.

Skud said:
But I really want to know how many
iPod owners here and what they are
actually using.
me. Just have that crap for my ipod. Way too bloated. Around 200 mb total :(

rahul_c

Journeyman
^^ Well, but there's one thing which is really great in Winamp. It tracks how many times have I played a particular song, and I can just select the songs to play, which I have listened many times. Thus avoiding manually adding my fav songs.

But even then, I havn't used Winamp for like, 2 years! May be try it once, I upgrade my system!

This feature is also available in WMP, just go to media library and right click on select column's header(where file name, size, bit rate, etc are written) select 'play count' column. Now you can sort songs based on number of times you have played it.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Yes man! WMP does have this.
So that have rendered Winamp pretty much useless to me!

Top Bottom