Which is the best video codec out there?

The Best Codec According to me is:

• Total voters

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
which is the best AVI to DVD format convertor, winamp media file to DVD format converter, XDVid to DVD format convertor with quality maintained???

yash

I draw every day
very sorry people because I recently discovered this thread and sincerely read 3 pages of it before I decided my tiny brain cant take more. just gonna go ahead and pop the question and I`ve already apologized for this.

I used super video converter (because it was already installed on my pc for converting videos for mobile) and cyberlink power director(for editing home videos) but none of them show the option to encode in vp62 or vp70 and I do have k lite mega codec pack installed with the "maximum" preset I believe. are these two softwares 'not compatible" or something with this encoder? will I HAVE to install vcdgear?

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
VP62 & VP70 are fully VFW compliant codecs, so they show up in most of the softwares (unless a software is made in such a way that it works only on few codecs) ...

When you are installing K-Lite Mega Codec Pack just make sure that you manualy select VP62 & VP70.

VCDGear is just for converting *.DAT VCD MPEG-1 files to *.mpg the right way ... it has nothing to do with anything else.

I think what you were referring to is VirtualDub ... and now the latest version of VirtualDub can import directly from *.DAT files, so u dont really need VCDGear as such!!!

Yes .. having VirtualDub is a big Plus ... its a good software!!!

yash

I draw every day
ok I`ll try virtualdub and see if it supports vp70/vp62 because I have reinstalled k lite but still total video converter,super video converter AND, media coder that came with this month`s digit dont show option of vp62/70

edit: I tried virtual dub but I am not even able to load the xvid encoded file to virtualdub its giving me error could not locate decompressor for format xvid(unknown) when I have k lite codec pack installed and I can watch the video in media player.

Last edited:

Kenu

Broken In
How Do I convert .. flv to xvid

so that I can transfer the You Tube videos to my Cell ??
The Smart Movie Converter doesnt take flv :?

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
one know how to resize videos using vp7 and some times vp7 does not compress using the normal 35-40kBps video data rate.if virtual dub shows some error like video not properly joined mostly for vcd files this rate shoots upto 80-90KBps.how can i get the normal 35-40 rate.

yash

I draw every day
@kenu : you can try total video converter. it has option to convert flv videos into different formats. the meg4 formats dont work with nokia phones I dunno why(I have tried preset and custom setting videos on my E60 but real player says unable to play clip) so your best bet would be .3gp

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
hey ... really sorry but ... i cud not find a place to download the On2 AAC ... even i wanted it but i cud not :(

you can use the other AACs ... like the Nero AAC if u like ... or the 3ivX AAC encoder ...

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
I installed 3ivx aac codec but it does not show up in audio codec list in virtual dub.
also,is there a beta version of VP8 or some of that sort.

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
3viX does not show up in Virtual Dub for reasons unknow to me, but it does show up in WinAVI ....

I have not heard of any VP8 beta ... if u find out .. please mention it here ...

Top Bottom