Which is the best video codec out there?

The Best Codec According to me is:

• Total voters
OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Thanks to you too.

Why can't i test vp8? Is it restricted?

If i can't experiment with vp8 can you tell me how much better compression does it give in comparison with h264.

Go through this page:
*www.on2.com/index.php?599

You can't test it cos I haven't found any place to download it yet. If you do, let us know.

TIA

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
Great News:

The WebM Project : The WebM Project : Welcome to the WebM Project

Miro Video Converter is the first WebM / VP8 converter! Miro – Internet TV Blog

ENJOY ;)

gregbot

Right off the assembly line
I am a complete newbie with codecs. I am using iMovie and need to render some video I am using with students. The quality of what I see in iMovie goes down the tubes when I render. Does anyone on the forum use iMovie and which codec/procedure will give me the best results. I shot in regular digital video, not HD. Is that the problem?

gregbot

Right off the assembly line
Thanks karanTh85,
So, in terms of procedure, I am not sure how to do what you suggest. Do I download the codecs Xdiv and Divx? Assuming that is doable, I will need to understand how to work with them. Is there an online tutorial for this process. I hate to ask questions that are probably routine for folks that do this stuff all the time. I am mostly a coach and teacher and am trying to learn how to do this stuff in the cracks. Thanks for any help you can render.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@gregbot: use SUPER or Virtual dub......they r free & also tutorial is also on google....
though there r tons of software available but only few r good in handling videos

u can try above two....

OP
maverickrohan

maverickrohan

SABER RIDER
If you are using iMovie, use H264. Also, make sure you transfer your video at the highest settings available.

While rendering, use a comparable resolution and a high bit-rate which ensures good quality at that resolution.

Top Bottom