Which is the Best Unlimited Broadband in Delhi for Rs 1K ?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Spectranet works wonders here in Ghaziabad, Indirapuram region.
16mbps(2mBps) till 24gB then 1mbps.
Currently they are offering 48gB/month extra for 6 months, so 72gB/month @16mbps for :)
1230inr (incl. of taxes)
:)
Biggest advantage: They offer all of google at 16mbps no matter if you have consumed all of your high speed data; so Youtube/Google Play/Google Drive at 16mbps always.
And you get all sorts of useful content on Google Drive these days.

Link:FTTH, Fiber To The Home, FTTH Broadband, FTTH India, High Speed Internet -plans
Link:My Spectranet -extra 48gB

*fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/208/4/b/meme_cry_png_by_mfsyrcm-d58vqic.png

I live near Laxmi Nagar... I WANT SPECTRANET (if what Utkarsh saying is true)
Rishi: Number please!

Hrishi

*fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/208/4/b/meme_cry_png_by_mfsyrcm-d58vqic.png

I live near Laxmi Nagar... I WANT SPECTRANET (if what Utkarsh saying is true)
Rishi: Number please!
I think I lost the bill somewhere , in which the number was mentioned. But here's a number I have for their office from where you can talk about all the details and take the number of nearest technician too.
The provider is Rajdhani broadband , Shakarpur.-School Block.
Contact number is : +91-9211328937

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Thank you so much man. I will try to call them them tomorrow. Its Sunday.. so chances are less.
But its high time I move on from MTNL.

Hrishi

^^ Thank you so much man. I will try to call them them tomorrow. Its Sunday.. so chances are less.
But its high time I move on from MTNL.

:) ,
A lady will pick up the phone probably. I have called on Sundays too. Let her know that you want a new connection of spectranet in your area. The installation fees is probably around 500rs non-refundable and prepaid charges for monthly subscription of respective plans.
Also do check out about Pacenet if possible. I am getting huge download speed from local seeds in my network. :p , some serious p****ter is there. haha

And if possible get the number of your nearest technician too , that'll help a lot. And when he'll be installing the cables , tell him to use 100Mbps instead of 10mbps , like they do usually. You'll realize the importance in peer to peer applications , when you'll get whopping speeds from someone already seeding it in network..

If you want you can even call their helpline : 1800-121-5678
The number is mentioned here along with the extra 48gB/month offer.
As far as post fup speed goes, I get a solid all time 1mbps.

Another speed test: almost everyone is thrashing the connection right now; sunday it is.
*www.speedtest.net/result/3194346138.png

PS: They provide 802.11n routers with advanced QOS features which let you control UP/DOWN speeds for particular IP range or MAC address, very useful.

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Spectranet works wonders here in Ghaziabad, Indirapuram region.
16mbps(2mBps) till 24gB then 1mbps.
Currently they are offering 48gB/month extra for 6 months, so 72gB/month @16mbps for :)
1230inr (incl. of taxes)
:)
Biggest advantage: They offer all of google at 16mbps no matter if you have consumed all of your high speed data; so Youtube/Google Play/Google Drive at 16mbps always.
And you get all sorts of useful content on Google Drive these days.

Link:FTTH, Fiber To The Home, FTTH Broadband, FTTH India, High Speed Internet -plans
Link:My Spectranet -extra 48gB

Holy crap
Wish we had something like this in Odisha

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So I talked to Spectranet again today. They don't seem to have connections to my area. :(
I guess that's why they were not answering my previous queries on mail or phone.

So I also talked to Pacenet. They have a plan of 1mbps unlimited for 960 inclusive taxes. And they can put up a connection in just one day. This is good. I might get Pacenet afterall.

And so I talked to MTNL for disconnecting their stupid connection. Will have to goto. Sanchaar Haat for it. :/

Anyway, I am sad that I can't have fibre optic connection from Spectranet in The Capital Of India! Sigh

Hrishi

So I talked to Spectranet again today. They don't seem to have connections to my area. :(
I guess that's why they were not answering my previous queries on mail or phone.

So I also talked to Pacenet. They have a plan of 1mbps unlimited for 960 inclusive taxes. And they can put up a connection in just one day. This is good. I might get Pacenet afterall.

And so I talked to MTNL for disconnecting their stupid connection. Will have to goto. Sanchaar Haat for it. :/

Anyway, I am sad that I can't have fibre optic connection from Spectranet in The Capital Of India! Sigh

Join me with Pacenet. Chances are that you'll be in my network. :p
Seed properly , if you download something good. :mrgreen: , I will leech it from you if you show up in my lan.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Join me with Pacenet. Chances are that you'll be in my network. :p
Seed properly , if you download something good. :mrgreen: , I will leech it from you if you show up in my lan.

They told me that I will need to buy a router on my own. Or they can provide me for Rs 1500 extra.
Being the geek I am, I want to choose my own router. So I currently have to look for it. Any suggestion on wireless router?

I won't be needing a modem cum router right? Since there won't be any telephone connection like MTNL?

Hrishi

They told me that I will need to buy a router on my own. Or they can provide me for Rs 1500 extra.
Being the geek I am, I want to choose my own router. So I currently have to look for it. Any suggestion on wireless router?

I won't be needing a modem cum router right? Since there won't be any telephone connection like MTNL?

Nope , you won't need a modem-cum-router. They provide digital connections to home. I.E. - Ethernet Cables. ( Make sure you get the 100Mbps Full Duplex cable setting ).
I don't use any router , so I can't say which one would be best as per experience. My laptop is switched on most of the times , so it acts as a Wi-FI hotspot server. :p

AFAIK , they'll assign a static IP to your connection/router , and will provide you with a login credentials to login to smartgaurd . ( THey have a pathetic User Management system. ) . THat is not even secure , so whatever credentials you login with can be easily stolen by someone on your network. Yes , It can be. ( Ref : Cain & Abel. [reverse APR+Sniff] )

BTW , It's funny that they haven't come to me since past few month to collect money. Some guy activated demo pack on my connection. It's been running since then. I wonder if they'll ever come to me asking for payment.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Nope , you won't need a modem-cum-router. They provide digital connections to home. I.E. - Ethernet Cables. ( Make sure you get the 100Mbps Full Duplex cable setting ).
I don't use any router , so I can't say which one would be best as per experience. My laptop is switched on most of the times , so it acts as a Wi-FI hotspot server. :p

AFAIK , they'll assign a static IP to your connection/router , and will provide you with a login credentials to login to smartgaurd . ( THey have a pathetic User Management system. ) . THat is not even secure , so whatever credentials you login with can be easily stolen by someone on your network. Yes , It can be. ( Ref : Cain & Abel. [reverse APR+Sniff] )

BTW , It's funny that they haven't come to me since past few month to collect money. Some guy activated demo pack on my connection. It's been running since then. I wonder if they'll ever come to me asking for payment.

I went over some threads on WiFi routers, but I am very confused now. Might create a thread for it.

A static IP means I can host anything (like a website) on my own PC!? That can be useful to me!

What do you mean my login credentials can be stolen! Should I be worried? Can I secure it even more?

Lol, about people coming to collect money! So we can't pay pacenet online or something. That's a feature which would be good! :p

Hrishi

I went over some threads on WiFi routers, but I am very confused now. Might create a thread for it.

A static IP means I can host anything (like a website) on my own PC!? That can be useful to me!

What do you mean my login credentials can be stolen! Should I be worried? Can I secure it even more?

Lol, about people coming to collect money! So we can't pay pacenet online or something. That's a feature which would be good! :p
Yes , you should create a thread for the router .
THe static IP is only relevant to your LAN network , not the Internet . They'll allocate a static IP to your system in their own LAN where hundreds of PC connect to the local Distribution switch. Therefore your static IP is only valid for your ISP's LAN. The traffic comes to you through NAT( network address translation. Public Ip converted to Privated IP and vice versa.)

And yes the passwords can be stolen in an open network. If the pages you use are not encrypted , there's a good chance that some attacker can steal your credentials. Google out Password sniffing , one tool that does this is Cain and Abel.( and this is damn easy to do.)
This is one disadvantage of being in an open lan.

I wish there was a way to pay money online. But I don't find it anywhere on the page.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yes , you should create a thread for the router .
THe static IP is only relevant to your LAN network , not the Internet . They'll allocate a static IP to your system in their own LAN where hundreds of PC connect to the local Distribution switch. Therefore your static IP is only valid for your ISP's LAN. The traffic comes to you through NAT( network address translation. Public Ip converted to Privated IP and vice versa.)

And yes the passwords can be stolen in an open network. If the pages you use are not encrypted , there's a good chance that some attacker can steal your credentials. Google out Password sniffing , one tool that does this is Cain and Abel.( and this is damn easy to do.)
This is one disadvantage of being in an open lan.

That is one good info!
Is there a way to NOT be on an open LAN? Or control it? What measures you keep to be safe?

About not finding a way to pay on their website.. well, lol, I had almost decided not to have a connection from Pacenet because of their website. Nothing is mentioned on their website, not even broadband plans. :p

And created a thread for the router: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/networkin...router-price-1k-2-5k-moving-mtnl-pacenet.html

Hrishi

Use VPN , IPSec , or protocols that transfer data using only secure channel. I.E. send ecnrypted packets. The Sniifer will have no idea what the data is about , even if they intercept it.
( This is the reason why Encryption is such an important part of security. Passive attacks are hard to prevent.Encryption provides a good measure against it.)

ANother way is to detect and deploy measures against ARP table attacks.

Is there a way to NOT be on an open LAN? Or control it? What measures you keep to be safe?
Well ummmm...Routers separate you from Broadcast based attacks. So if you put yourself inside a router , I guess that should isolate you on a LAN. but still can't prevent your data from being intercepted.
You can also use firewalls to filter incoming and outgoing traffic.

That is one good info!

About not finding a way to pay on their website.. well, lol, I had almost decided not to have a connection from Pacenet because of their website. Nothing is mentioned on their website, not even broadband plans. :p

[/url]

I think in Pacenet BB , 512kbps plan costs around ~500something. and ~880kbps for 700/month.
1mbps for ~800+ s.t.
It's still cheaper than others if you download a lot.

Top Bottom