Which is the best linux flavour according to u ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

demoninside

In the zone
Do u guys even use one distro seriously,
this is just one's perseption u r talking............................................................

Satissh S

Youngling
Not necessarily, You cannot label something as Only for Enterprise. I mean RHEL (WS) is equallly good in desktop too, but the features like rhn does make it feel like Enterprise Segment :)

mediator

Technomancer
I've been using Fedora for 1 and a half yrs and staisfied by it ! Initially tried Suse 9.1,Mandrake,Elx for a 2 weeks but didnt like them!

Satissh S

Youngling
@mediator: Usually fedora demands to have the latest distro and they withdraw support for earlier distro's. Is there any particular reason that you are keeping Fedora core 1?

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
@satish are u getting late for going somewhere? If not reread mediator's post again. He said he is using fedora for '1 and a half year' and not 'fedora 1' for half year.
Also, I am trying out gentoo now. It seems really great. It can teach users of my experience a lot of knowledge on linux otherwise hard to learn. I feel its a great distro if u're ready to give it time and efforts.

Satissh S

Youngling
Oh no! my bad..
Missed that for.. :lol: hahaha!
Gentoo is a fantastic distro.. but actually it's more of a LFS than a distro. It doesn't need much time, though compiling takes a lot of time.
By the way what did you use for CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS values. For P4 we need to use -march=i686 -pipe -O2 or i586. I used ${CFLAGS} for CXXFLAGS too.

vinayasurya

Journeyman
For a newbie i suggest Mandriva Linux 2006. It is very user friendly. I learnt linux by using Mandriva Linux. So I definitely recomment that distro.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
I prefer ubuntu for newbies since its dosen`t have the root account enabled by default so they won`t be able to do any damage to the system by mistake...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom