Which is the best linux flavour according to u ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolendra

Neil is Here...
hey i am new to this field and jst want some answers before installing a flavour...

plz suggest one ..........

praka123

left this forum longback
:D Debian GNU/Linux(Ubuntu,mepis....)
Gentoo Linux..
if for a n00b i'll suggest Mandriva...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
For a hard disk install Mandrive, OpenSuse or Fedora for sure.
But, it would be more sensible to go for a live cd. Best ones are Ubuntu live, knoppix, linspire. Linspire live was given out with a past issue of digit in DVD, you'll have to burn it in a cd. Ubuntu is available in this month's LFY.
You can get a list of live cd's here Live cd's

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
Depends on your taste..Try it if you like it your set.It depends on you..Try the distros you have...And use the one that configures all your hardware ..

Satissh S

Youngling
For the so-called newbies, lemme suggest Fedora Core 4 and with a DSL connection and YUM with some guidance from Stanton Finley
I'll bet we will start learning as well as enjoying linux in no time.

planetcall

Indian by heart
You may begin with mandriva or linspire if you dont really wanna go deep in the learning process. But I would suggest you to go for Ubuntu. It will let you explore you a wonderful world of opensource softwares and technologies. Synaptic in ubuntu will help you get more than thousands of free softwares. Try using the free live cd. You may also go for Fedora but it comes in 4 cds whereas ubuntu requires only 1 which is packed with the most of the required softwares.

Satissh S

Youngling
But it is for an eager newbie who want's to learn. It's a gr8 distro for those of us who doesn't like the automated configuration tools which of course, aren't flexible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom