Which is the best among all these Android smartphones under 18k?

cacklebolt

Ambassador of Buzz
surprising that no ones suggesting xperia sola...
about the small battery there arent any complaints arnd...
the novathor chip inside is very power efficient...

only drawback maybe the absence of a secondary camera...

D3LeT3

Broken In
surprising that no ones suggesting xperia sola...
about the small battery there arent any complaints arnd...
the novathor chip inside is very power efficient...

only drawback maybe the absence of a secondary camera...

No man there are a lot....and i mean a LOT of complaints about the Sola.I was very keen on it too but after reading the complaints on GSM Arena in comments, I was totally put off. Do a google search for "Xperia Sola Problems" and you'll be hit by a blast of customers complaining about dead screens,Camera Buttons failing,Wifi dropouts,crappy battery lives,earphone jack problems. Too much of a risk purchasing a device with so many issues.
Agreed every new device has a few niggles but this many is too much.

techlover

In the zone
No man there are a lot....and i mean a LOT of complaints about the Sola.I was very keen on it too but after reading the complaints on GSM Arena in comments, I was totally put off. Do a google search for "Xperia Sola Problems" and you'll be hit by a blast of customers complaining about dead screens,Camera Buttons failing,Wifi dropouts,crappy battery lives,earphone jack problems. Too much of a risk purchasing a device with so many issues.
Agreed every new device has a few niggles but this many is too much.

Now just search HTC One V and you will almost the same number of problem with it too ...

and even Galaxy S2 had a vast numbers of problems when it came :p

D3LeT3

Broken In
^
Every device has problems. Even One X has hell of a lot of issues :).

True but the difference is the S2 and One X are flagship phones, so you could probably expect them to be treated preferentially in terms of customer satisfaction. Then again there's no official word on better quality control for the Sola, like was announced for the Xperia S handsets which showed yellow tinge problem or the international One S which had chipping issue on the MAO Black phones. I was totally gunning to buy the Sola. NFC plus Dual core plus an awesome screen in 19k!! But somehow I didnt end up picking it up after reading these issues. Just my personal opinion.I feel the notification led just under the screen (not the transparent strip like in the P,S and U)and above the capacitive keys is not getting a fair share of attention.
I just hope Sony works out all the kinks cause the Sola is a beautiful handset with a beautiful set of features. :)

OP
gohan89

gohan89

Broken In
I have searched high and low..
I think the LG optimus 2x is the one for me.
One concern is the battery.
Will the 1500mAh battery last a day moderate phone call,moderate texting,0.5 to 1 hour of gameplay,occasional movies and listening to music for quite some time and minimal web browsing?I charge every night when sleeping...
If the phone is rooted and updated with the ICS,will performance and battery life significantly increase?
I saw on the internet there is a 3500mAh battery for the Optimus 2x,but I dont knwo whether LG sells it in its authorised stores?Where can I get such a battery?
Other than that,there were some software bugs and lags,freezes when it was released,were those fixed by LG in the newly manufactured phones?
Are there any noticeable and considerable gltiches or problems which I need to knw that are still present on the LG Optimus 2x?

Last edited:
Top Bottom