Which is the best among all these Android smartphones under 18k?

randomuser111

Technomancer
Xperia U/Sola have lower capacity batteries but their battery life is no better or worse than other smartphones with larger batteries. The U8500 chipset is highly power efficient.

Richie Rich

Broken In
Xperia U/Sola have lower capacity batteries but their battery life is no better or worse than other smartphones with larger batteries. The U8500 chipset is highly power efficient.

As mentioned in gsmarena.com xperia sola has only 5 hours of 3G talktime & Xperia U has up to 5 h 36 min whereas One V has full 10 hours of 3G talk time.

Also those phone have Sony's LED-backlit LCD screen, with poor viewing angle.

S-LCD2 > SAMOLED > Sony LED-backlit LCD

Theri is no with no micro SD slot and who wants a phone now days with 8 GB (5 GB user available). :|

These new sony phones have no mass storage feature and their headset is only compatible with sony brand. Putting files from computer to phone is very very slow with their sony software.

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
I am confused between the Xperia S,One V and the Desire S.

How smooth is the One V in terms of gameplay with good graphics and using the sense ui ?I will play games casually and watch HD videos .

If I can always update any phone in my range to Android 4.0, is buying the One V worth it.I also heard its battery is non-removable,will it pose any problem if it hangs ?

Is the HTC Sense really worth using ?
I think you mean Xperia U and not S, U is not good coz it doesn't have a expandable memory and only 4GB memory is not enough I think.
One V is a very good phone, the only cons are it doesn't have a front facing camera and FM radio which are there in Desire S. You can get anyone of them among Desire S and One V, both are good.
And non removable battery won't pose any problem atleast till 2yrs
And HTC Sense is the best UI out there. ;)

If the htc one v has non-removable battery,plz suggest an alternative.
How is the HTC service center in India ?

Is it good as Nokia and how fast is the response?

How cool looking is the Xperia U UI?
HTC service is pretty good, better than sony but they have limited service centers, I have written about their service experience in RMA section.
And you comparing nokia with HTC, seriously!!!
Anyways HTC phones are much better than Nokia.
The UI of Xperia phones is also pretty good.

How is the Xperia Sola when compared to the htc one V?

Sola seems to be good, but they have given quite a small battery in that which will give trouble and also as such no reviews are available so can't say much about it and it is not even available in market right now widely so let it come in market and then we can say more about it.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
even Apple devices have non-removable batteries still they r excellent in performance :-D

One V is a very good phone, the only cons are it doesn't have a front facing camera and FM radio which are there in Desire S. You can get anyone of them among Desire S and One V, both are good.

FM + RDS is there in One V :mrgreen:

Raccoon

Journeyman
Xperia Sola is even worse than Xperia U.. same story poor battery.
Nowdays, all new phones that are launching by HTC and Sony is of non-removable battery, as HTC guy said that they put non-removable so that there would be no loss of power with golden pins. :-?
Also, HTC promises that their HTC One series would never be hang, if it happens you can press off button for 5 seconds.
The best thing about the phone is S-LCD2 (non-penlite display) that is better than over saturated pentile super AMOLED display.

Yea, HTC use to have bad service but now time has been changed, they open many service centers in couple of years. I visited last week for my friend's Desire phone. They have fine service.

I don't trust Homeshop18, they are fake. They sent a Xperia Neo V phone that is made in thailand to one of my friend. I don't know about sulekha sales.

Actually, for me, the best service is one that you never need... :lol:

As for HS18 - Whats wrong with Made in Thailand phone? Was it a sealed box? Did it come with SE India warranty? Please elaborate.

Richie Rich

Broken In
@Richie Rich: u have done a lot of R&D on HTC & Sony :grin:

:-D Hahaha.. you can say that! BTW I'm looking for a dual core phone in around 28-30k budget. I'm confused between SONY Xperia S and HTC One S.

Few days back I read on gsmarena, and it was not there and suddenly it shows there that it has....

No, man form the day it launched in India, gsmarena showing that it has FM + RDS. All specs in gsmarena are not correct like they didn't mention that this phone has S-LCD2 screen. In the bottom of every specs they mentioned Disclaimer. We can not guarantee that the information on this page is 100% correct.

Actually, for me, the best service is one that you never need... :lol:

As for HS18 - Whats wrong with Made in Thailand phone? Was it a sealed box? Did it come with SE India warranty? Please elaborate.

These all are electronic IT devices, and every device had to face some problem in its life. :-D And BTW do you have any HTC phone?
That Neo V was made in thailand, having no TRAI hologram, don't know much about the problem faced by him, I will tell you later.

Last edited:

ajaymailed

In the zone
It is neither ideal nor really a "replacement" for those phones. The phone is useless for navigation and the non removable battery kills the deal, at least for me.
why is One V useless for navigation?
3.7 inch display, 1 Ghz CPU, ICS at 15 to 16K- Its a good deal. It has still got the same hardware package as Neo V.

randomuser111

Technomancer
As mentioned in gsmarena.com xperia sola has only 5 hours of 3G talktime & Xperia U has up to 5 h 36 min whereas One V has full 10 hours of 3G talk time.

Also those phone have Sony's LED-backlit LCD screen, with poor viewing angle.

S-LCD2 > SAMOLED > Sony LED-backlit LCD

Theri is no with no micro SD slot and who wants a phone now days with 8 GB (5 GB user available). :|

These new sony phones have no mass storage feature and their headset is only compatible with sony brand. Putting files from computer to phone is very very slow with their sony software.

I dunno where you read about file transfers being slow in MTP mode. Files transfers are blazing fast on 2012 Xperia devices.

I can transfer 1 GB file to my Xperia S in MTP mode in under 2 minutes.

And also from the reviews and owner feedback of the Sola, U and P battery life on these devices is quite good and in no way inferior to other devices in the same price point.

2 days of light-medium usage is achievable. But since everyone these days is a heavy users, under "normal" usage these phones can last you through the day (almost) just like any other Android smartphone.

coolest111

Journeyman
try ngpay for it use coupon 'SHOP' wil give 10% off valid til 31st may hurry
My frnd got ipad 3 frm ngpay
I wil order my xperia p in a day or two....

Richie Rich

Broken In
adexmart + coupon code should lower price to 17.5k

what is the cupon code for adexmart.com?

try ngpay for it use coupon 'SHOP' wil give 10% off valid til 31st may hurry
My frnd got ipad 3 frm ngpay
I wil order my xperia p in a day or two....

Why you are buying Xperia P man, it has 1305mAH battery and 3G talk-timer is up to 5 hours ? Better choice is HTC sensation.

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Quote from The Verge review of Xperia P

"Coming into this review I was concerned about how the Xperia P's tiny 1305mAh battery would cope, but its SoC seems relatively good at sipping power. The Xperia P managed around 14 hours of use, including an hour and a half of camera work, watching a two-hour video, two hours of gaming, and over an hour of calls. In reality it’ll get you to the end of the day without any issues, and if you're not a heavy user you'll get a couple of days out of it."

Richie Rich

Broken In
its processor is very efficient

htc have all same almost lukin phones...so i hate it....

HTC front shape is almost same in their phones but overall screen and back are different in every phone, same is applied by new sony X, P, U, sola series.
Keep in mind indian version of Xperia P is with old Adreno 205 GPU, (not Mali-400) that also comes in 16.5k Neo V.

IMO you should wait for HTC One S It is with SAMOLED screen, video playback upto 9 and half hours compare to only 4 hours of Xperia P. It is the most powerful phone till date in quadrant score beating even quad core HTC One X. (not included upcoming Galaxy S III)
I called hp india they said it is just going to be launched in a week price would be 27k as per HTC customer care.

^
Quote from The Verge review of Xperia P

"Coming into this review I was concerned about how the Xperia P's tiny 1305mAh battery would cope, but its SoC seems relatively good at sipping power. The Xperia P managed around 14 hours of use, including an hour and a half of camera work, watching a two-hour video, two hours of gaming, and over an hour of calls. In reality it’ll get you to the end of the day without any issues, and if you're not a heavy user you'll get a couple of days out of it."

Whatever, but It is not better than HTC One series in terms of battery life (check gsmarena battery endurance rating)

HTC One V Battery
HTC One S Battery
HTC One X Battery

Last edited:
Top Bottom