which GPU is best???

amitmmpro

Right off the assembly line
Guys pls help me out here!!! I need a new GPU for my i7 system. I use a single full HD monitor 1920x1080. Which Nvidia GPU is best to play games on full HD with ultra settings??? I was thinking about GTX 760 AMP edition. I currently have GTX 660. I m not a AMD or ATI fan, so pls suggest.:cool:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Please post your complete configuration including power supply and mention the budget for the card.

OP
A

amitmmpro

Cooler Master HAF 922 CPU Cabinet
ASRock Z87 Extreme4 Motherboard
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) PC RAM
Intel 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 4770K i7 4th Generation
Cooler Master Hyper 412 Slim Cooler
Corsair CMPSU-750TXV2UK 750 Watts PSU
WD 2 TB Black Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD2002FAEX)
Corsair Force Series GS 128 GB SSD Internal Hard Drive

Budget for GPU 25k-30k

gamerguy

Buddy according to me extend your budget by 2k and get sapphire r9 290 which is around 32000 it will blow away any nvidia offering because it's performance is as good as gtx 780ti.

Cilus

laborare est orare
If you are an nVidia fan then at your budget the only option is GTX 770 Ti. My suggestion is to spend around 32K and get the Asus Direct CU II 4GB version of 770. Here is the link:
*vedantcomputers.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=770&product_id=690

OP
A

amitmmpro

Since the saphire R9 290 is an AMD/ATI product.. do u think it will be perfectly compatible with an intel based system????

> Wrong section.

> Which games do you intend to play?

> Why do you specifically want an Nvidia card?

> As you already have a GTX 660, adding another one will be cheapest and best option. GTX 660 SLI is faster than even single GTX 770. And your board support SLI too.

OP
A

amitmmpro

I m gonna play Crysis 3, Battlefield 4, Assasin's Creed Black flag etc. I m not sure about SLI coz its gonna need a lot power i think

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
Get r9 290. Its not abt fanboy. Bang for the buck. Some games optimize for nvidia some game optimize for ati but both are good. At the price point ati is good

flyingcow

Shibe
my vote for the r9 290...it will run a bit hot, but no problem i you get one with a good cooler
as far as 660sli how bad is the micro stuttering?
if i had a choice b/w sli and one better card, id always go with single card though

Nerevarine

Incarnate
^Yes but disposing of your older card is a pain in the ass.. no one wants to buy a 2nd hand card ..Wish AMD had exchange and upgrade option
Still you are right, a single GPU is a better choice

Nerevarine

Incarnate
For 1080p, 280x is beyond sufficient.. even after 3-4 years you will be able to play at a respectable framerate with good settings
I dont see why you would want to spend 6k more for something you will barely even notice now

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
That's a good price for GTX 770. Is it a factory overclocked version or the reference one?

Top Bottom