which GPU is best???

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
if he gets 290x, thats rs 35k right now for a noticeable performance bump and it will easily last 4-5 years but then what ? He has to go for a new GPU again right ?
But what if he spent 13k more, he could get almost 290X performance, 3-4 years later, he may try and sell each for ~ 5k each .. then use that + the 20k he saved on a better single GPU upgrade.. In the long run, isnt it better ?

But if you could find a buyer for the 660 ti right now, sell it and get a single GPU card as it will sell for a good amount right now

adding a 660 to get 290X performance?? Seriously ? Dont you think every graphics card enthusiasts and hardcore gamers would do that by now if that was half true?

- - - Updated - - -

Im not saying maxed out.. I mean a respectable settings after ~3-4 years
In the long run, a 660 sli will serve him more time at a "good quality" settings

I dearly wish if that would be the case, i would be the happiest person. I own a laptop. Hope you get my point.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
My point is, going that route, it will serve him much longer than a single R9 290 right now.. Even then for a 1080p monitor, isnt 660 ti sli enough ?
I am not saying you will have the same performance, ofcourse a 290 wins in that hands down but what about Price/Performance and the fact that going the second route allows OP to upgrade again after a few years

Pasapa

Live to die another day
He meant the 290, ofc a single gpu system would be better..but thousands of gamers use sli/cf systems around the world..its a very viable choice..i would recommend to save the cash for the 20nm cards..

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I dearly wish if that would be the case, i would be the happiest person. I own a laptop. Hope you get my point.

i donot..
Unless you want to churn out every single piece of FPS in games, right now going for a 660 ti sli is more VFM than R9 290.. Keep the 20k later for an upgrade later ? whats so wrong with this idea ?

- - - Updated - - -

He meant the 290, ofc a single gpu system would be better..but thousands of gamers use sli/cf systems around the world..its a very viable choice..i would recommend to save the cash for the 20nm cards..

yes i meant the 290, my bad.. now corrected

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
i donot..
Unless you want to churn out every single piece of FPS in games, right now going for a 660 ti sli is more VFM than R9 290.. Keep the 20k later for an upgrade later ? whats so wrong with this idea ?

- - - Updated - - -

yes i meant the 290, my bad.. now corrected

Different Scenario.

Why isn't anyone preferring 660 SLI? -- As quoted by harshilsharma. Totally different.

Top Bottom