Which GPRS Service is best suited?

INS-ANI

In the zone
Now a days, its pretty hard to find any unlimited GPRS tarrif. DO you guys are aware of any service provider offering unlimited GPRS for a fixed amount?

Well, you can opt for a corporate connection if any of your friend is working in corporate industry, or bpo industry.

Currently, I'm using Idea corp connection and paying 100rs for unltd gprs..though I have not crossed more than 2-3gbs but there is no limit.

Else, there might be ultd plans but that gonna cost you a lot and its not worth to give 500-600 bucks for edge speed.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I have heard Tata-DoCoMo and Uninor provide GPRS at dirt cheap rates (Rs.50 for 2GB data). With such plans you do not need to look for unlimited GPRS IMHO because it is not like desktop PCs that we will use mobile for downloads all the time. And with slow download speeds on GPRS it is not possible to download more that 4-6 GB per month...

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ya look at Airtel and Docomo. They provides limited GPRS but the price is affordable. Otherwise look at vodafone for UL plans but at huge price.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I am using Vodafone postpaid corporate connection in Bangalore. It is a waste! That's why I did not mention the name. Maybe in other cities it has better GPRS plans...

Ya look at Airtel and Docomo. They provides limited GPRS but the price is affordable. Otherwise look at vodafone for UL plans but at huge price.

I think they have a uncapped limit of 60-70mb per day including 2gb per month ?? Can anyone confirm this ?? If this is untrue..then you can go for Airtel or other options as posted by other members.

astroutkarsh

Canon EOS 600D / 1000D
I am using Airtel Postpaid in Pune.
Its Rs.98/- per month with 2 GB cap.
But there is no per day limit. Speed is ok for normal browsing with A/v updates etc.
Idea has this per day limit with total 2 GB per month.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I think they have a uncapped limit of 60-70mb per day including 2gb per month ?? Can anyone confirm this ?? If this is untrue..then you can go for Airtel or other options as posted by other members.

I'm using it right now. Didn't got any news like this. Though it would be better to confirm with CC

Deepaks

Broken In
WHY DONT YOU GUYS USE AIRCEL. UNLIMITED @Rs. 98 for one month and try Rs.14 for 3 day Unlimited. I download more than 5 GB data using this Aircel 98 plan in a month.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Using GPRS greedily to download just because it has no cap could cause severe loss in long run. We all know every hardware has a limited life...battery of mobiles can be replaced easily but what if any other component gets a hit (due to overheating or continuous usgae)!!!

WHY DONT YOU GUYS USE AIRCEL. UNLIMITED @Rs. 98 for one month and try Rs.14 for 3 day Unlimited. I download more than 5 GB data using this Aircel 98 plan in a month.

howz the speed..I heard Aircel speed varies from 5-6kbps :mrgreen: that means you have been downloading 5gb stuff from past 1month !!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Thats because...Aircel is awesome for those who got a tower next to their house.

For me....I've HOME 750UL+ at home...!!! And I want something reliable(good tower) which I can use anywhere.

I found speed of both Docomo and Airtel same...!! Both are equally good. But there are some problems with docomo. Docomo refuses to connect sometime. And it's really tough to get tower of docomo is some area.

So I planned....to use Docomo when I'll be on my Home City and when going abroad(across India), I'll carry Airtel(for it's tower)

pauldmps

Banned
TATA DOCOMO has the best GPRS plans.

1. Rs. 15 500MB 3days
2. Rs. 48 2GB 30days
3. Rs. 98 6GB 30days

BTW, it is very difficult to use up 500 MB in 3 days.

hot zubs

live life king like...
Yeah Tata Docomo is really good, i have been using from past 2 months, i get a speed of 21 KB/s in night on my PC :D

If someone has to choose between Aircel and Airtel-available in Delhi (No docomo and BSNL etc) what would be your choice??- as Idea has daily cap limit of 68mb.

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
If u can go with postpaid , stick with BSNL and they have an unlimited plan
@Rs.299/- . I think the only Service provider who offer unlimited GPRS.

iitmanojit

Fat sleepy boy
In BSNL Kolkata
Rs- 8 per day (9GB) (works for 3G too)
Rs- 98 per month (2GB) (works for 3G too)
Rs- 274 per month (unlimited) (works for 3G too)

Please contact customer care for confirming 1 month unlimited plan. They say it is for 2G connection. In reality it works in 3G too. Speed is average 400-700kbps and 2.8MBps maximum.

You should not change your prepaid plan to 3G. Just change your network mode to UMTS. It works 100%

sinalkar.sanjay

Always Ready To Learn
Hey guyz i am using bpl wap internet
LOOP MOBILE(10 ka gang)
if u r ready to pay Rs.69/month for unlimited wap plan!
i am getting 25kbps to 35kbps speed on my E51 mobile!
Even all Youtube video view without buffering!

Top Bottom