Which Case Fan To Get?

unkal_sam

Broken In
My cabinet (X-tech) didn't come with one, so i am planning to buy one with my graphic card. I'll be installing it in the rear. Which one do i go for 120mm or 80mm? Should i use it as an exhaust or intake? Budget 300-400 bucks.

Phenom II X4 960T
Gigabyte M68MT-S2
Corsair 4GB DDR3
Seagate 500GB
Planning to get HD 6670

techiemaharaj

--> Techie - Maharaj
I would suggest that you go for a 120 mm case fan....and if this is your only case fan, then this must be installed as an exhaust at the rear....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
My cabinet (X-tech) didn't come with one, so i am planning to buy one with my graphic card. I'll be installing it in the rear. Which one do i go for 120mm or 80mm? Should i use it as an exhaust or intake? Budget 300-400 bucks.

first check fan of what radius can be fit. usually the local cabinets doesn't have support for 120mm fans, usually 80mm. so check & buy.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ here's the manufacturer of the OP's cabby ;-)
:: Xtech International ::

@ OP - at 300-400 bucks you can get one CM 120mm 120RPM Silent Fan ( non LED ) @ Rs. 250 and a 80mm CM fan @ Rs. 150 but as sam has said you need to make sure what type of fan ( 80mm/120mm) can be attached on the rear of the cabby - first make sure about this and only then buy the fan(s).

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ there's many manufacturers and models with different specs - best would be to visit websites like theitwares. primeabgb, smc international etc. ;-)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@doomgiver, send SMC a mail asking about price of 80mm & 120mm fans from cooler master & similar brands. ITWares & Prime charge more for the same item with really high carrying charge.

Minion

Conversation Architect
unkal_sam,
You can get these 80mm fan for exhaust.
See this
Flipkart: Cooler Master BC 80 LED FAN Cooler: Cooler

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ nice find ... I was also looking for them but was not able to find a single one - thanks ;-)

Top Bottom