Where do i buy Alcohol ?

chris

In the zone
Where do i get isopropyl alcohol for cleaning thermal paste from CPU ?

I asked some shops from yellow pages, they said they don't sell it now as it come in big barrel, etc..

Anyone know shop in Kochi, Kerala that sell it ? I searched for online shops, look like no one sell it online.

OP
C

chris

In the zone
you can get it from any medical shop. just ask for a small bottle and it costs rs 22 only .

Thanks for the info. My uncle have medial store, called him, he said he don't have it, but given me some other shop info. I will try to get it.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks for the info. My uncle have medial store, called him, he said he don't have it, but given me some other shop info. I will try to get it.

You can simply ask them to give a small bottle of spirit ;). both are same.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
yes, mention it as 'spirit' or 'surgical spirit'. comes in small, white bottle. mentioning it as 'isopropyl alcohol' or 'rubbing alcohol' would yield no effect.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Its the new trend on forums... "have a catchy title so that it attracts more members".

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Surgical spirit is not always Isopropyl alcohol. It could be denatured alcohol, methanol or isopropyl alcohol as is available generally. Make sure that you get isopropyl alcohol.

Surgicals shops are better for this purpose than general medical shops.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Even the smallest chemist in my vicinity had 70% w/w Isopropyl Alcohol. Try Rubbing Alcohol(same stuff)

Hrishi

I hate this misleading title. I thought someone started selling booz online. Damyum you for my hopes.

icebags

Technomancer
last time when i went out to buy it, i referred to it as rectified spirit, as i thought it was that (i still think it is), after vising 4-5 medical shops, one shop said they have "regular medical spirit" only. :duh2:

and the title is hella misleading.
:lol:

Top Bottom