Broken In
Hello there,
I have a PC with following specs:

AMD ATHLON II X2 240 @2.8 ghz,
Asus M2N68-AM PLUS Mobo,
1GB DDR2 800 MHz,
Powercolor HD 5670 1GB,
80GB PATA HDD.

The problem is that even Spiderman WOS and Crysis doesn't wish to crawl on my system. It plays sluggish even on lowest Resolution wid lowest detail. But Prince of Persia -The forgotten sands runs smooth at high detail.

I just need to find out If it is just bcoz of 1GB RAM? Is 2GB will run them fine at medium?
I am not in a wish to upgrade any other component for now. PLS Show me some light .

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ as you said some games run sluggish & some fine. it may be driver problem. also 1Gb ram way too less. get 2Gb or 3Gb. also remember you using PATA HDD. SLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
Bottlenecking by (decreasing order)-
1.PATA HDD - upgrade to a sata one
2. 1GB RAM - upgrade to 2 GB at least
3. Processor - not much of a bottleneck for spiderman but definitely for crysis
4. Motherboard(maybe) - it uses HT 1.0 which isn't a bottleneck for the processor but i'm not sure about the gfx card.

I suggest changing your hdd and adding ram.

Cilus

laborare est orare
kanhadey, what is the resolution you are playing those games? If you are playing games like Crysis with anything over 1440X900 with every thing set to high, then there will be obviously bottleneck as the Gfx card doesn't have that much horse power. So lower your setting a little.
Now you said even Spider-man is also running slow. So there is highly possibility that it is a software/OS problem

Before purchasing new system do the steps mentioned below
1. Download a free tool called Defraggler and de-fragment all your hard drive partitions.
2. After that install a fresh copy of OS
3. Download the latest drivers for you rmotherboard and install them.
4. install the latest Catalyst Driver.

I think the above mentioned steps will increase your computer's sluggishness, if the problem is software based.

Power_user_EX

Searching for Anti-Matter
For crysis everything is bottlenecking ur PC.... also even new fast corei7 PCs take a beating when playing crysis above 24" using 58xx cards ...

One thing u can do is -> increase your northbridge frequency and pump your ram to 900Mhz+ at around 1.9 or 2.0 Volts [Only if XMS2 or like]. Pumping up your CPU & GPU speed is obvious but with in safe limits... Pump you CPU to 3.4 or 3.6 Ghz by upping your CPU's host clock or multiplier or both... and manually set the voltage according to spec.

Monitor the temps and run stability tests like prime95 ... if all is well then u r good to go...

Only OC when u wanna play games and bring back to default speeds for normal use.

BTW ur mobos needs to support OC for OCing ur PC...
PLZ use 2GB of ram or OC also won't help much....

Tenida

Gadget Freak
You have the following to overcome this problem:-
1)Install 2 GB Ram
2)Install Sata hdd (Western digital Black or Blue)
3)You have to regularly update ATi driver(Lots the bugs in ati 5**** has correct by using latest driver)

Then you will gain the performance.

Top Bottom