What to chose between SE NEO V, i9001 or SGSII?

ajayritik

Technomancer
Hi guys,

Need help in buying phone.

Following are the main features required in the order
1. Video Playback(preferably HD)
2. Good for listening songs
3. Good Camera.

I'm planning to gift it to one of my family member. Hence will not consider things like rooting etc. Ideally want to go for the following brand

Samsung
Sony Ericsson

Kindly advise.

Prateek28

Right off the assembly line
if you wanna go out for some following brand then i guess that LG , Samsung , HTC would be better than sony series of smartphone's because sony caost a way too much but in return gives you good look but it lack a way too behind in think like performance and feature ..
if you want a phone b/w 10k-20k then there are many smartphones are available out there if a qwerty then may be nokia E6 or blackberry bold 3 and if a touch one then i recommend MOTOROLA Defy... as it is the one of the best phone b/w 10k-15k. or HTC wildfire
but if you wanna go out with sony then the best option is Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V it is around Rs. 17500 on flipkart and it is the most preferable phone of sony.:razz:

TheLetterD

Will Power
Dont pay anymore than 16.5 K For the Neo V!
Almost all phones avail on flipkart are overpriced now! Check other sites out

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys just wanted to put some additional points. This am planning to gift to my wife who is more of brand conscious. I tried convincing earlier but she is not too keen on LG or Motorola. So I'm limited to Sony, Samsung and Nokia or maybe HTC.
As mentioned earlier the main purpose would be it should play good music, play movies high quality and then the camera. She likes music etc.

Yesterday I did check in one of the Samsung exclusive outlets a model which was around 19k and it was playing HD quite good. However in the other thread I saw people commenting Samsung is kind of getting stuck while playing HD. Sony looks good but the screen size is small comparatively I think.

ujjwal321

Journeyman
I would suggest you to look for nowhere else than nexus S..
exceptional audio quality, great for watching movies on a 4 inch super amoled screen..
first to get ICS update.. and most important it comes under your budget

kbar1

Journeyman
I would suggest you to look for nowhere else than nexus S..
exceptional audio quality, great for watching movies on a 4 inch super amoled screen..
first to get ICS update.. and most important it comes under your budget

Units sold in India have slcd, like galaxy s. Not amoled.

Anyway, its discontinued now. Most stores don't have it. You'll have to scrounge around in ebay.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Currently looking at
1.Samsung I9003 Galaxy SL
2.Neo

Maybe Samsung Galaxy SII if it's really worth it.

TheLetterD

Will Power
But if you wanna watch movies I GUESS the Neo V would be better even though it has a smaller screen as compared to Galaxy S and Nexus S because:
1. Neo V has a widescreen 3.7 inch, and as MOST movies today are widescreen, you wont end up with thick black bands below and above the video
2. The Neo's screen is gorgeous cuz its powered buy the bravia engine
3. Women always prefer good looking phones! And the White neo V though not as thin as the Galaxy S is Ultra sexy cuz of its different back cover design and piano finish coat pain

kbar1

Journeyman
The decision hinges on looks or larger screen and battery life. Neo looks unique, and galaxy s has a huge screen and slightly better battery life.

rajeevk

Journeyman
Meet the Top 5 Android Smartphones Below Rs.20000

Visit this one to find the same. I will suggest Sony Xperia or Samsung Galaxy.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Since SL has larger screen I thought it will be better for videos,movies etc.
I think GPU etc will come into picture for gaming etc which it will not be used for.
Will mostly go for Samsung unless Neo has better audio.

ujjwal321

Journeyman
neo's size is comfortable to hold and it doesn't look like a brick when holding it..
Galaxy has all the other advantages..

kbar1

Journeyman
Since SL has larger screen I thought it will be better for videos,movies etc.
I think GPU etc will come into picture for gaming etc which it will not be used for.
Will mostly go for Samsung unless Neo has better audio.

Yes its great for reading ebooks and web browsing. Anything will be a breeze. 4 inches should be enough for everyone, unless you're already used to something bigger. Gaming - certainly not bad.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Ok guys I think Final call I will have to take so help me decide whether I should go for Samsung SL or Neo.
Want to go for Samsung but thinking about the Flash feature which is not available. Will it make a big difference?
Neo want to opt for if Flash feature is really important and if sound is great on it.

Please help me decide.

Can some moderator help me in keeping vote option to this thread?

kbar1

Journeyman
Performance wise, you can buy either one and be happy about it.

Neo if you want sleek looks and camera flash and slightly smaller screen. Ask a neo owner about the battery life. A bit less imo.
Galaxy s if you want bigger screen and slightly better battery life.
I have been using galaxy s for sometime now. No cons as such. Maybe flash, not too bothered about that. You may have have use for it as a flash light, so think about that.
In neos favor, its has next version of android, ics confirmed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom