What to chose between SE NEO V, i9001 or SGSII?

Since SL has larger screen I thought it will be better for videos,movies etc.
I think GPU etc will come into picture for gaming etc which it will not be used for.
Will mostly go for Samsung unless Neo has better audio.

Offcourse Neo has better video, and better screen/resolution compared to Galaxy SL. Big screen doesn't always mean better. Neo has better audio quality too, as per my opinion samsung audio s*cks.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Ok Guys as mentioned in the thread title. Now the choice boils down to these.

Sony Ericsson Neo V
Samsung Galaxy i9001
Samsung Galaxy SII

red dragon

Master troll
Make sure about HWA during video playback in the Neo V.
SW decoding of hd videos will kill the battery superfast.
The video player in GS2 can play most hd videos with HWA.

red dragon

Master troll
Video playback was one of your priorities right?
HWA is hardware acceleration.
Most 3rd party video players use software decoding while playing divx/divx/mkv.
This type of decoding cannot utilize gpu,playback gets choppy and battery wears off very fast.
The video player in galaxy S2 can play almost all video formats with hw acceleration.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Hi dude,

I would suggest u to avoid Sony as it doesnt support all video format playback.Also if its for ur wife i wud advise for samsung.For eg xvid,divx are not supported by xperia built in player.

So any samsung android phone matching ur budget n specs wud be my suggestion

Also
1)I have used both Samsung s2(2.3 GB)and XPeria x10(2.3 GB) , i wud say that the music player app of Samsung is very user friendly.Mainly the headphones of Samsung is very good(which comes with ear bud).I am not sure of Neo.But xperia earphones are not having ear buds hence causes pain during prolonged use.

2)The xperia camera app is also bit buggy.So just check if its same as Neo.Samsung camera app is quite ok.

3)When comes to battery ...sony is very naggy in case of low battery.Same goes with samsung but not so many times as sony.I feel samsung battery is good.The charger of sony is also pretty short (attached to usb cable with a adapter is charger)

So consider above things when choosing sony.

Last edited:

sach1000rt

Journeyman
Hi dude,

I would suggest u to avoid Sony as it doesnt support all video format playback.Also if its for ur wife i wud advise for samsung.For eg xvid,divx are not supported by xperia built in player.

So any samsung android phone matching ur budget n specs wud be my suggestion

Also
1)I have used both Samsung s2(2.3 GB)and XPeria x10(2.3 GB) , i wud say that the music player app of Samsung is very user friendly.Mainly the headphones of Samsung is very good(which comes with ear bud).I am not sure of Neo.But xperia earphones are not having ear buds hence causes pain during prolonged use.

2)The xperia camera app is also bit buggy.So just check if its same as Neo.Samsung camera app is quite ok.

3)When comes to battery ...sony is very naggy in case of low battery.Same goes with samsung but not so many times as sony.I feel samsung battery is good.The charger of sony is also pretty short (attached to usb cable with a adapter is charger)

So consider above things when choosing sony.

there are lots of free and paid video and audio players which are capable of playing any format video and audio.
so the question here will be upto what resolution these can play?
sgII will play fullHD videos without any problem.
neo v and galaxy + can play 720p(maybe mp4 only).

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
there are lots of free and paid video and audio players which are capable of playing any format video and audio.

Dude i had bad experience with xperia x10- 3rd party apps ...like codec issues...with samsung no issues....Even samsung galaxy 3 plays better than xperia...also good in seeking videos...

The reality is which plays all formats smoothly rather than hd or watever

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Ok Guys looks like need to take final call either Neo or SG SII.
The only factor which I'm worried about Neo is that I heard it's restarting in some cases by itself. I don't have any snags. I'm ok about the Ear phones. Have a good pair which I can use. Battery life also ok.

red dragon

Master troll

You are not getting the point.
Ofcourse there are good 3rd party players

But most of them cannot use the gpu acceleration,hence more stress on the cpu....more cpu cycles...more battery drain.

One can install player like mobo or MX video players in Neo also..they WILL play almost every video formats upto 720p res.BUT they may not use the gpu causing major battery drain.
Hope I have made myself clear.

.... Battery life also ok.
No it is not Ok,you will learn it the hard way.
If you are coming from symbian or ip4,you will be dissapointed for sure.
If you are ok with converting video files to mp4,you can look into Neo V.

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
So guys since my primary requirements are playing videos(HD), audio and Camera so these features are there in Neo. So unless I'm going to really use all the features like gaming etc then I should go for it instead of SGSII.

But still I have not got any answers to my query about who exactly will be able to get more out of SGSII?

aroraanant

Explorer
Neo V and SII are totally different phones
Neo V-smaller screen,so it is quite handy and its a single core phone so it will a lil slower as compare to SII
SII-a bigger screen,good for browsing,watching movies,games etc. and a better processor so it is faster as compared to Neo V and aslo it has got a better camera,it can play full hd content.
These two phones are totally different.
Try to get hands on both of them and then choose

kbar1

Journeyman
Galaxy s 2 is future proof. Dual core processor means it can chug along for quite some time. Ics is confirmed for it. It has usb on the go, so that you can connect pen drives directly. It can play almost all videos, no third party player required. Last but not the least, 4.3 inches of super amoled is kinda hard to resist... ;-)

Top Bottom