What the **** is going on with BSNL BB?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
FTTH(fibre to the home) is available in very few areas in selected cities only.since it involves laying optical fibre cable to your home it is only available in residential societies/areas near exchanges where bsnl has upgradation plans in mind & of course all this in selected/important/major cities only.
*www.bsnl.co.in:9080/opencms/export/sites/default/BSNL/services/broadband/pdf/FTTH_Cities.pdf

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
I don't understand! Sites like foxsports are opening at full speed (220 KB/s)!

As a matter of fact, when I am browsing thru TDF, the speed shoots up to its usual. I am also streaming videos in a different tab but the speed of that is not even crossing 20K, while earlier, it used to stream at full speed!

Something is definitely up - no one is picking up calls either (I mean I do get thru sometimes when I try repeatedly but haven't managed to speak to anyone in last 20 days).

Maybe will go down to the exchange!

ithehappy did you get letter for increase in tariff? I wonder if they are also increasing the speed somewhat and if this might be related to that???!!! [Meh, I am being overtly optimistic]

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
What? My plan is same! I haven't received any letter!
PS: Mine is not combo though, it's UL Plus.

Check your February bill, if you got it (most months I dont get hard copy bill)...check if there is an extra page stapled at the end.

Also see this. The third column.

50 rupees increase is not too much of an issue with me, hell, I did gladly pay 1K but all I want is for them to maintain some consistency in their quality of service.
I have logged minimum 2 calls every month since I transferred this connection. And that's since 2008.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I'll check the bill. But I pay yearly.
Yeah, obviously 50 rupees is nothing, but with this kind of service even 1 Rs is like 1k.

ujjwal007

Lost in games
same thing is happening with me :( it takes forever to load a page youtube buffers a lot i have 1000 rs. plan i should get 4 mbps for first 8 gb and then 512 kbps :( but not even getting 256 kbps i m so pissed

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
same thing is happening with me :( it takes forever to load a page youtube buffers a lot i have 1000 rs. plan i should get 4 mbps for first 8 gb and then 512 kbps :( but not even getting 256 kbps i m so pissed

You in West Bengal/Kolkata or some other town? I am asking so that we can figure out if this is all over India or just here.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Just look at the ping and the snr value is not that good :shock:
*www.speedtest.net/result/2596808442.png
*i.imgur.com/hEOt1s8.jpg
I'll check the bill. But I pay yearly.
Yeah, obviously 50 rupees is nothing, but with this kind of service even 1 Rs is like 1k.

Very true mate

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
@Amartya: Yes, exact same speeds dude :(
Lol, mine is taking forever to show the upload speed!
Today is the worst day I think, even on Tapatalk I've to wait so much time.
Really really frustrating :eek:
And at least where I live there is no other alternatives other that this, other than those crappy cable wallahs!
Can't really remember a Sunday when I watched some T.V., lol.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
*i.imgur.com/hEOt1s8.jpg

Teni, which plan are you on? ULD 750?
Also, which modulation? G.DMT/ADSL2+? Try G.DMT and see if it goes better and post back.

@Amartya: Yes, exact same speeds dude :(
Lol, mine is taking forever to show the upload speed!
Today is the worst day I think, even on Tapatalk I've to wait so much time.
Really really frustrating :eek:
And at least where I live there is no other alternatives other that this, other than those crappy cable wallahs!
Can't really remember a Sunday when I watched some T.V., lol.

Dude, at least you have crappy cablewallahs...At my place, not a single cablewallah provides BB. :(

A 40 min video (low-res) has been buffering for past 3~4 hours!!!!!!!

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
From 19th of this month, all of a sudden my BSNL broadband ****s up. All connections are OK, link is stable and connected, but i can't use the internet. Filed a complaint, and next day a technician calls and tells me that "Rack update ho raha hai". They also increased the tariff of BB Combo ULD 750 to Rs. 800. So, i decided to apply for Pacenet Meghbala, and I'm going for it from next month. But suddenly today the network is alive and this:

2596805567.png

I was like :shock:

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
From 19th of this month, all of a sudden my BSNL broadband ****s up. All connections are OK, link is stable and connected, but i can't use the internet. Filed a complaint, and next day a technician calls and tells me that "Rack update ho raha hai". They also increased the tariff of BB Combo ULD 750 to Rs. 800. So, i decided to apply for Pacenet Meghbala, and I'm going for it from next month. But suddenly today the network is alive and this:

View attachment 9619

I was like :shock:

Ah! Finally some sort of an "update"!! I have been suffering from similar symptoms but the technician that used to come to my place is not even calling now..and the complaints are getting "resolved" automatically after 2 days.

Hey, MatchBoxx, care to post speedtest results for Dhaka/Delhi/Mumbai as well plz?

MatchBoxx

the m0nk who sold his PC!
*www.speedtest.net/result/2597010449.png

I almost **** my pants!!! 91 ping, that too by BSNL!! I'm sure that this is temporary.

*www.speedtest.net/result/2597029061.png

this is on my ULD 750 plan.

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I'm sorry, but what is 'rack update'? Is there any chance of increasing the speed?
@Mario: Well these cable guys are amazing, couple of my friends took that, and sarcastically called me and asked how much speed I was getting, and they mocked at me, as they were getting 10 MB/s transfer rate (yeah you heard it right, I even saw a screenshot of that as I didn't believe them), but just few days back one of them called me again and was asking what was my BSNL plan :lol:
That 10 MB/s, went down to 10 KB/s :eek:
We want a steady and consistent connection. I don't want to see some sky high speed one day and the next day opening Gmail for 5 mins.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm sorry, but what is 'rack update'? Is there any chance of increasing the speed?
@Mario: Well these cable guys are amazing, couple of my friends took that, and sarcastically called me and asked how much speed I was getting, and they mocked at me, as they were getting 10 MB/s transfer rate (yeah you heard it right, I even saw a screenshot of that as I didn't believe them), but just few days back one of them called me again and was asking what was my BSNL plan :lol:
That 10 MB/s, went down to 10 KB/s :eek:
We want a steady and consistent connection. I don't want to see some sky high speed one day and the next day opening Gmail for 5 mins.

Exactly!! Just give me back my "old" speed, maintain some consistency in service quality, take 100 rupees more if you must and leave me alone. "Mai jyada nahi mangta" (in "Yes Boss" SRK voice :p )

But it would be nice, if along with this, BSNL could
1. Remove the jokers sitting in "Customer Care" - I mean, really, just scrap the department and save money, BSNL, those bozos know nothing!!! At least train them if you must have a CC desk.
2. Install better quality telephone wires.
3. Upgrade speeds (256 Kbps BroadBand - please, at least provide 1 Mbps minimum) - charge more if needed.

*www.speedtest.net/result/2597010449.png

I almost **** my pants!!! 91 ping, that too by BSNL!! I'm sure that this is temporary.

*www.speedtest.net/result/2597029061.png

this is on my ULD 750 plan.

@MatchBoxx,
Which part of Kolkata, dude (general location)? Don't answer if you don't want to disclose - I totally understand.

Top Bottom