What song are you addicted to at the moment?

D

Deleted member 26636

30 Seconds to Mars- Night of the Hunter, Capricorn(A Brand new name)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Staind:oops:

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Thanks man!Yes I have heard primus.Can you suggest me a few solo guitar player beside Satriani,Vai,Malmsteen.

I don't like much solo stuff... I only like Satriani and Buckethead. But haven't you heard Paul Gilbert ? He's terrific! And oh, also Micheal Angelo Batio! :).

If you do wanna experience a mind blowing guitarist then I would suggest Muhammed Suicmez. He is the frontman of the band Necrophagist. Goto YouTube and watch a vid of them. Foul Body Autopsy would be perfect for a starter :).

rkneo11

Broken In
gary jules Mad world
chris daughtry's acoustic version of poker face
Bryan Adams' Heaven (MTV Unplugged version)

RavS

Kiddie Coder
Hey great thread!! Quiet popular too. I will get to know about a lot of new good artists, albums, songs and bands.. brilliant!!

Anyway, I have been currently listening to "Eyes on Fire" from Blue Foundation (album-Twilight).

I don't like much solo stuff... I only like Satriani and Buckethead. But haven't you heard Paul Gilbert ? He's terrific! And oh, also Micheal Angelo Batio! :).

If you do wanna experience a mind blowing guitarist then I would suggest Muhammed Suicmez. He is the frontman of the band Necrophagist. Goto YouTube and watch a vid of them. Foul Body Autopsy would be perfect for a starter :).
Seen G3? Other than a few songs, I get bored. So I rarely go for solo artists. Just one Marty Friedman album. And Slash singles.

Any reccos for non-gimmicky black metal bands? You know, without the crappy makeup and stage antics, like Behemoth?
@red dragon :-
Buckethead is my fav solo artist. That guy just kicks ass. I also like him as a person (not in a gay way ofcourse). But I like how he never blabbers and never talks. Just does his thing and walks off the stage.

Btw, if you wanna hear an awesome bassisst I suggest Les Claypool. His main band is Primus but he has done a lot of work with Buckethead :).

Les Claypool is kickass. Consider him to be in line with (sometimes better) than Flea.

Buckethead = Funk? coz Les Claypool is a funk bassist iirc.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Buckethead is the most diverse musician 'I' have ever heard. He plays everything from rock, shred, funk, avant-garde, ambient, acoustic rock...etc :).

I do have a G3 concert. Watched it once. It's good.

D

Deleted member 26636

BUCKETHEAD........wow.....just listened to some of his tracks on youtube.....i have no technical knowledge of guitar playing but i really liked his playing. thanks to whoever recommended (can't find the post)

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Seen G3? Other than a few songs, I get bored. So I rarely go for solo artists. Just one Marty Friedman album. And Slash singles.

Any reccos for non-gimmicky black metal bands? You know, without the crappy makeup and stage antics, like Behemoth?

Les Claypool is kickass. Consider him to be in line with (sometimes better) than Flea.

BTW, for that black metal thing, try out Absu. It's a black/thrash band. Amazing :). Get the album Tara or just listen to Pillars of Mercy on YouTube.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Someone suggested buckethead(cannot seem to find the post),so gave it a shot and it blew me away.How did I miss it for so long?Extremely talented musician,the lead solos are so complicated,yet so easy on ears.
I was in a very sad mood before i stumbled across buckethead. Thought of posting here.

@Whoever dragon :-
Buckethead is my fav solo artist. That guy just kicks ass. I also like him as a person (not in a gay way ofcourse). But I like how he never blabbers and never talks. Just does his thing and walks off the stage.
He doesn't rattle doing his job

Buckethead is the most diverse musician 'I' have ever heard. He plays everything from rock, shred, funk, avant-garde, ambient, acoustic rock...etc :).

True.

Btw i herd u leik noises ? So i put a track in ur tracks especially so u can enjoy noises while you hear no voices.
Black Woods - Mono :p

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Very much like "Ishq barse" from Raajneeti, but saw the video today. Its in a disco, which goes with the music but not with the lyrics. Very disappointed with the contradiction b/w audio and video.

red dragon

Master troll

This claypool vs flea thing is pretty old,bring in Steve Harris and Geddy Lee,now compare,oh hell I forgot Bootsy Collins.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
This claypool vs flea thing is pretty old,bring in Steve Harris and Geddy Lee,now compare,oh hell I forgot Bootsy Collins.

*in no particular order

1) Stefan Fimmers [Necrophagist]
2) David Ellefson [Megadeth]
3) Alex Webster [Cannibal Corpse]
4) Steve Cloutier [Ex-Gorguts]
5) Steve DiGorgio [Ex-Death]
6) Terrence Butler [Black Sabbath, Heaven and Hell]
7) Les Claypool [Primus and other associated acts with Buckethead, etc]

Pwnage.

red dragon

Master troll
Never heard of Gorguts,will try soon.How do you rate necrophagist against brain drill?I meant Jeff Hughel to be specific.

red dragon

Master troll
Listened very few songs of necrophagist,the foul body autopsy is brilliant technically,infact pretty much impossible to reproduce(God knows how they manage to play live)but those lyrics are too much for me. Brings back visuals of my first anatomy dissection class in medical shool,few girls fainted that day.

*in no particular order

1) Stefan Fimmers [Necrophagist]
2) David Ellefson [Megadeth]
3) Alex Webster [Cannibal Corpse]
4) Steve Cloutier [Ex-Gorguts]
5) Steve DiGorgio [Ex-Death]
6) Terrence Butler [Black Sabbath, Heaven and Hell]
7) Les Claypool [Primus and other associated acts with Buckethead, etc]

Pwnage.
Thou art forgetting Cliff Burton :p

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Listened very few songs of necrophagist,the foul body autopsy is brilliant technically,infact pretty much impossible to reproduce(God knows how they manage to play live)but those lyrics are too much for me. Brings back visuals of my first anatomy dissection class in medical shool,few girls fainted that day.

You must have only listened to their first album, which is awesome and brutal. But the lyrics are dumb :|. Try out their second album. It's much more progressive and has philosophical lyrics. Some of that lyrics are personal to me :).

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Thou art forgetting Cliff Burton :p

Sorry mate! Yeah Cliff Burton too!

Top Bottom