What should i do with my 40-50 cds of ubuntu linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
Frankly speaking i must tell u i have around 50 cds of ubuntu linux that i got from ubuntu free of charge.. Now what should i do with them ..? plz suggest.

I do not want to throw them as a garbage as i respect ubuntu's policy to send free cds.. Actually i was thinking to distribute one one cd to each person in my computer class. but to my surprise no one was ready to accept cd even at free of cost.. So it was merely a shock for me .. But now what should i do with those cds??????

planetcall

Indian by heart
You could sell it to some reseller/computer shop. Though it is against the policy of the ubuntu but still I think in this way the CDs would go to the seekers, those who really want it. Dont think of doing this act out of profit.
I have distributed many CDs to many people but if you give it to them, it simply doesnt matters much than mere a few days of enthusiasm. Probably because it comes free for them or because they are not as dedicated as myself. Might be they are not enlightened by the world of ubuntu.
One good thing I learnt and did was to keep it with me.....and wait for the right person who deserves to have one of it. I have given to many like this. I still have about 50 cds available and I still try to look someone who needs the cd.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
share with up friends, give it to the digit forum members who are staying in ur state and area :) simple

OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
as i have earlier told no person is serious to use this ubuntu cd. many persons here in my area dont know abt linux

Pathik

Google Bot
But why did u order so many copies?? Many people who seriously want to try it dont get it cos of this..

praka123

left this forum longback
^post in the thread in open source section for linux media seekers.or much better give the bundle to any computer training institutes or ship to some LUGs(linux user groups) near by.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Yeah better give them to an LUG.

(Psst. Or create a CD Wall art using them, like the Smosh guys in YouTube have at their Home ;))

OP
arunks

arunks

Hey here is the aks
hey pathiks.. as i said earlier i wanted everybody known to me familier with linux .. as my class strength was 63 and many more computer users i know so i got that many cds.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Which version? If it's 7.04 you can mail it to me. I need it. My order for 40 CD's wasn't approved, they're only giving 15 CD's.

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
version 6.06 is outdated so they are now good for nothing.I also ordered 50 cds last month to distribute in my college but I haven't received any as of now.Any ideas on when can I expect them to come?

enticer86

Stay Silent!
u can try donating them to a library or maybe to the computer dept in ur university..lik DU has DU-MCA fr masters in computers...

planetcall

Indian by heart
the_devil_himself said:
version 6.06 is outdated so they are now good for nothing

I dont agree. Version 6.06 is still having a lot which could be learnt by a novice. It also supports most of the latest hardware and for a newbie it doesnt matter if it is slightly old or ultra advance version of linux. Moreover, 6.06 is LTS (long term support) and will not die so soon.
Whatever be the version I believe every bit of it is worth it for those who are seeking. These CDs could be very useful for people who are trying to learn linux.

faraaz

Evil Genius
Donate to your school computer lab, or your nearby library...give to a government school or something...

din

Tribal Boy
Sorry to hear your friends are not interested. I remember when we were learning computers, it was difficult to get Lin CDs even if we are ready to pay and people were all really interested (whether they r MS supporters or not) to do experiements with OS installations.

Go to some school where it is not easy for them to get CDs and there is no decent internet connection.

Like I am planning to order Ubntu and distribute it in the school where I completed Grade 8 - Grade 10. I am sure the students will be happy to get something to experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom