what should be india's national language?

what should be india's national language.

• english

Votes: 61 34.5%
  • hindi

Votes: 98 55.4%
  • your own mother tongue.

Votes: 18 10.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
An endless debate in ENGLISH with the majority supporting Hindi as the national language but typing in ENGLISH...hmmm funny but interesting...our country is far too complex for any one language to the National Language....the debate shall NEVER end...but it makes for some time pass reading.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
outlaw said:
u guys might prefer hindi cuz its ur mother tounge

but for guys like me from da south its no differnt from greek

my english is better than my hindi. so why dya guys wanna impose hindi on people like me

ok we dont want english but we dont want hindi either

My mother tongue is not Hindi. I have lived most of my life in a place, where the most distorted Hindi is spoken. Still, I speak immaculate Hindi.

That, my dear, is no excuse not to learn your national language. Unless, you hate the language, of course.

planetcall

Indian by heart
Caleb...People here are typing in english because the media of communication is mostly english oriented. Hindification has not reached to accepted universal standard and having the practice to type in english makes it the natural choice for the discussion here. But I do try to type in हिन्दी just for the sake of it. :) Still, it doesnt mean that English should be our national language. Every country has computers and people mostly use it in english (except a few), so should english be the national language of all the countries ? It is an accepted international language, but we have our distinct individual identity and thus we also have a distinct national language. Your and mine and ours....very own..hindi. Dont hate the language dood. Even if you are a non hindi speaker , you can try to learn it. Why hate a language ? I am in karnataka and learning Kannada. I enjoy it. I expect the same from you too.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
planetcall said:
Caleb...People here are typing in english because the media of communication is mostly english oriented. Hindification has not reached to accepted universal standard and having the practice to type in english makes it the natural choice for the discussion here. But I do try to type in हिन्दी just for the sake of it. :) Still, it doesnt mean that English should be our national language. Every country has computers and people mostly use it in english (except a few), so should english be the national language of all the countries ? It is an accepted international language, but we have our distinct individual identity and thus we also have a distinct national language. Your and mine and ours....very own..hindi. Dont hate the language dood. Even if you are a non hindi speaker , you can try to learn it. Why hate a language ? I am in karnataka and learning Kannada. I enjoy it. I expect the same from you too.

Good points. Unfortunately, it is a one way traffic. The hindi haters will probably learn Chinese, but will still say no to Hindi.

outlaw

De@d
mail2and said:
That, my dear, is no excuse not to learn your national language. Unless, you hate the language, of course.

how many times do i have to repeat HINDI IS NOT OUR NATIONAL LANGUAGE ; ITS JUST THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
outlaw said:
how many times do i have to repeat HINDI IS NOT OUR NATIONAL LANGUAGE ; ITS JUST THE OFFICIAL LANGUAGE

10000231231213132 times more. And I am glad you said our.

Last edited:

LegendKiller

In the zone
I think yes hindi should remain our Official or National language but whats the use of it when it isn't used for official work?

Everyone of my colleagues in office or friends like to converse in english simply b'coz otherwise ur considered as il-literate or a "Gaon-wala".

planetcall

Indian by heart
^^ Change that attitude buddy. I try to converse in hindi at the extent it is possible. Conversing in hindi with the application of pure words(तत्सम) shows your lingual eliteness. Who cares what people think. They may think of you to be a gaon wala if you bring a tiffin in your office...and not order pizzas from the local supermall. These logics hold no points as there always are people talking something behind you. Why should you care ?? Make your own style. Eventually with your logics and manners you will win over the hearts of those who take hindi to be the language of gaon wala.

हिन्दी हमारी मातृभाषा है । हिन्दी से कटकर हिन्दुस्तानी का अस्तीत्व नहीं हो सकता ।

LegendKiller

In the zone
i hope that everyone has an attitude like you and to be fair i am proud to speak hindi,coz i feel communicating ur message/thoughts correctly is more important then the language of communication.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
JhonCena said:
I think it should my mother tongue(Punjabiii... :) :lol: :)) )
Well, Punjabi is my mother tongue, too. However, I still root for Hindi as the national language. :)

But, again, dirty politics will ensure that this never happens.

JhonCena

Journeyman
mail2and said:
Well, Punjabi is my mother tongue, too. However, I still root for Hindi as the national language. :)

But, again, dirty politics will ensure that this never happens.

U are 100% rite. It 'll not happen coz leaders of punjab are toooooo lazy.

planetcall

Indian by heart
See guys...Ours is a land of wide diversities. We all have our regional differences. Same applies to the native language. Still, there is something in common that we all share and strive to provide dignity to it. It is not related to how much we love our native or local language. I being from Bihar, speak Bhojpuri quite frequently. Many peoples are amazed to hear those desi words from me. I try to be equally good with hindi. So whatever your regional tongue is, accept hindi as our mother language and try to speak it as often so that you could enjoy it in true spirit. :)
Once again, वन्दे मातरम्

NucleusKore

TheSaint
One thing all of you forget especially advocates of hindi and vernacular, is that the freedom of speech and expression, which we all so much take for granted, is something guaranteed by our constitution. Oh, and in case you forgot, our constitution was written in ENGLISH. Yes, whether you like it or not. Any ammendment to that constitution has to be made in English, any new law has to be incorporated in English. Our founding fathers were not stupid, I am sure they must have had good reason for selecting English as the language for the constitution to be written in, least of them being for the British to read. Think about it

outlaw

De@d
guys

india is a land of diversity , and we boast about the unity in diversity,and we were able to manage quite well without a national language all these years
so WHY THE HELL DO WE NEED A NATIONAL LANGUAGE,
china has one cuz everyone speaks chinese
russia has one cuz everyone speaks russian

but in india we have a lotta languages so its not right to make one language the national language
so WE DONT NEED A NATIONAL LANGUAGE

i repeat

WE DONT NEED A NATIONAL LANGUAGE

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
planetcall said:
Thanks for your reply planetceall, but I'm just wondering how on earth did you came to the conclusion that I hate Hindi?...where is it written in my post that I hate Hindi?...I lived 8 years in Delhi and had the good fortune of polishing my Hindi (which I learned through my school books while I was child)...I like Hindi very much...my favourite songs are old Kishore Kumar songs in hindi. To me it does not matter what is the national language as long as we can live as good human beings FIRST.

Also your observation does not hold any water that ..."Every country has computers and people mostly use it in english (except a few)"...because except England ALL European countries, South American Countries, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and MANY more Asian countires use ONLY thier national languague to type EVEN when they use computers...please check your knowledge base.

No offense but you need to read the posts carefully before coming to conclusions & replying...coz I am NOT a hindi hater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom