what makes apple a winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apple is an American company & it is a winner only in U.S of A. Outside in Europe & Asia, no one cares about Apple.
Mac OS X is actually very popular in Singapore, Malaysia and Hong Kong.

pratik03

Journeyman
^^^I would rather think otherwise.
You have got to give due where it is.Apples do make great products.
Nothing came close to ipod.Same with iphone.
I hated iphone before, i mean saw the reviews and the deficiencies in the functionality and the lack of features.And i cursed a gadget like iphone.
However this was untill i actually got one and then it was totally different experience. I could never later go back to my Windows based HTC mobile,though it had more features than iphone because iphone made things so pleasing to operate and so simple.Its totally different world out there.I mean you have got to own it to actually know its values.One cannot just compare 2 products and arrive at have and have-nots.
Same with Macs i suppose.Ya i have been using Hackintosh for a while , and leopard looks good though personally i am more comfortable with Vista.Still Leopard wasnt a bad shot and i still believe had i used leopard for another month i would have been hooked.But you cannot judge mac leopard with Hackintosh.You need to use and own mac pro or imac for that.
P.S.Everything , every single hardware worked on my Hackintosh and i was able to get Quartz extreme to work along with airport and everything.I love working with imovie,i still need to use hackintosh.
Actually this is not a comparison.Its and an opinion.
I still think getting work done is more important.The way you do it is not.
Its like Religion.Work is you God and religions are like operating systems ,like your mode of arriving at the destination.Your God.

Exactly same experience here.

When I decided to buy smart phone the iphone is not even on my list, I am comparing some HTC & nokia phone as those phone have good feature at very lesser price point. But when I used iPhone (barely for five minutes) first time in croma I realized that this is the phone for life. Now I am very happy with it & can't even think of buying any other phone.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
iTampon is not great.. the processor inside that is great.. the whole product sux coz it doesn't supports flash and there is no multitasking.. seems like guys at iPhone SDK were very impressed by the single-tasking MSDOS :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I heard reliance is promoting iStore ? Is it official apple thing or lolwut ?

I heard reliance is promoting iStore ? Is it official apple thing or lolwut ?
If you're asking that the iStore is a real Apple Store with Genuis Bars and all then no, it's not. iStore is an Apple Premium Reseller not an actual Apple Store.
It's actually pretty lame. I asked them about iPod Touch 64GB and Magic mouse and they were totally clueless.

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
If you're asking that the iStore is a real Apple Store with Genuis Bars and all then no, it's not. iStore is an Apple Premium Reseller not an actual Apple Store.
It's actually pretty lame. I asked them about iPod Touch 64GB and Magic mouse and they were totally clueless.

Ya true reliance iStore is a premium store but disagree with the LAME part. As i see these guys are pretty much aware of every up coming products. I am talking about Bangalore iStores. Not sure about other places. Also there are Imagine Stores to look for.

Ya true reliance iStore is a premium store but disagree with the LAME part. As i see these guys are pretty much aware of every up coming products. I am talking about Bangalore iStores. Not sure about other places. Also there are Imagine Stores to look for.

After being to a real Apple Store, I've developed a kind of dislike for the Apple resellers here. I called up iStore a few days back to enquire about iPod Touch 64GB. The guy who picked up the phone was clueless about what I was asking. He then passed on the phone to a senior who told me they don't have it in stock. iStore being the best Apple reseller in India still isn't all that impressive. It's because of the lack of interest in Apple products here that there aren't any real Apple Stores in India. Most of the people here are busy mocking Apple products.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ What about iWorld, Ansal Plaza, near Khel Gaon???

My experience with them was nice. Even though I had to just buy a Mini DisplayPort to VGA cable.

pickster

Professional Layabout.
^^
i got my macbook from there.
nice people and they are aware about upcoming products as well.
also, they know stuff about jailbreaking and stuff.

plus, the guy there, Raju, looks and behaves like Karan Johar. lol.

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
Exactly same experience here.

When I decided to buy smart phone the iphone is not even on my list, I am comparing some HTC & nokia phone as those phone have good feature at very lesser price point. But when I used iPhone (barely for five minutes) first time in croma I realized that this is the phone for life. Now I am very happy with it & can't even think of buying any other phone.

Same experience here too :p.. I used to think Iphone was a crap phone until I got one for myself.. and now every other phone looks dumb to me .. Iphone the best for me :D... If there is something better I will move on but till date I haven't found a phone better thant Iphone..

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Regarding fones, one word - Sony Ericsson Xperia X10, X10 mini and X10 mini pro. ;)

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Same experience here too :p.. I used to think Iphone was a crap phone until I got one for myself.. and now every other phone looks dumb to me .. Iphone the best for me :D... If there is something better I will move on but till date I haven't found a phone better thant Iphone..

+1 same feeling. Even i used to abuse iPhone users before i actually took it LOL :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom