What kind of salary do people working in the IT field get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
The title says it all. I really want to get into this field and would like to get an idea of what the pay is like.

I know it depends on what you know , but just looking for a rough idea, and what languages can maximize my earnings.

OP
ring_wraith

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
hmm.... a thoughtful insight, but an average approximate considering neither of the two extremes would be nice.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
20K for freshers? .. one of my friend got 40K :p... in huawei .. that was 3 yrs back :p

slugger

Banned
L&T Infotech picked up 37 guys/gals from our college yesterday

were offered 2.9 lac pa

but lookin @ things dunno if they will b given appointment letters or put on hold when they graduate :(

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
for freshers the starting salary depends on the company that they were selected for.
companies like MS offer packages like 9lacs p.a whereas companies like L&T Infotech offer something like 2.5-3lacs p.a

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
for freshers the starting salary depends on the company that they were selected for.
companies like MS offer packages like 9lacs p.a whereas companies like L&T Infotech offer something like 2.5-3lacs p.a
smaller company offers good package too, but u r a working jack then:D

Highest package i have seen for regular ones(not including MS, Googel, Yahoo and other biggies) is 4.1 lac per annum

PraKs

Youngling
Duh

People talking big package.. Well Dear freshers.. IT MNCs are taking lots of freshers.. but how abt a mass kick out ??

Read this

global IT major IBM is believed to have shown the door to 5,000 entry-level trainee programmers across major offices in the country on the grounds of performance.

Official
*www.deccanherald.com/DeccanHerald.com/Content/Feb62008/scroll2008020650719.asp

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
I wouldn't comment about Potential Earnings but from what i've experienced in the Computing Industry ,

either you're one of the Best or one of the rest . There's nothin in between these two .

So either you make very-little to a little or you make a lot(and i mean A LOT) .

Pathik

Google Bot
Anything less than 3.6lacs pa is simply not acceptable.. You don't slog 4 years in Engg just to get peanuts..

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Anything less than 3.6lacs pa is simply not acceptable.. You don't slog 4 years in Engg just to get peanuts..

I wonder what should I say. I finished my M.D. in 2004 and was earning a starting salary of 2.52 lakhs p.a.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2180/2122604477_1f3f245df7_o.png

Only since first of January 2007 our salaries have been hiked. Now we get 4.20 lakhs p.a.

All salaries quoted above are gross salaries before deducting taxes and other things (like P.F., etc.)

*img217.imageshack.us/img217/9472/pubthefuture2cisopen466cr4.png

din

Tribal Boy

Sorry, couldn't control.

4 yrs of Engg is nothing !! Yes, I mean it. Coz I also completed 4 yrs and I know whats theory and whats real world.

3.6 lakhs (that is 30,000 Rs a month) is peanut ? ? Man, I guess you are a student ! Sorry, no hard feelings.

Anyway - if you are very good in studies and get something like campus recruit, you are lucky, theres chance you earn high. If you are not so lucky or intelligent, its not easy to get a big start.

Also 40 K starting or 50 K starting is not a common thing. Start small, then grow big. Thats the correct way - I mean thats what I think teh correct way :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I graduated on 2005 and I'm jobless now.

IMO, forget the salary part. Work with interest, money will follow. :)

Last edited:

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !
IMO, forget the salary part. Work with interest, money will follow. :)

Totally Agree .

That's why i'm Lokin for a B.Sc in Comp Sci. Degree rather than B.Tech coz then i'll have to study all the unnecessary crap n that will not give me mental satisfaction . I want to do something from which i derive pleasure .

If i'm good at something , money will(probably) follow :)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
I am not going to do any job right after engineering,higher studies is a must if you really wanna make it big.

@pathik:dude there are millions of engineering students graduating every year,and I have seen people accepting 1.8lac\annum from TCS(I mean peanuts+TCS,lol).SO hold your horses boy it isn't that easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom