What is happening to my graphics ?

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
understood. with all those suggestions, it comes to these :

cx500v2, GS500, seasonic 520,tx550v2/M

i don't find any online shop with GS500 or TX550 ( :shock: some TX550 are in ebay with absurd priced from 11k -21k , whereas TX650 sells @6k), thought if tx550 were ~5k, it would be ok investment for 5 years. any idea if these gs500/tx550 available locally (kolkata) ? and @ what prices ?

seasonic is probably the best among these except TX. are you ppl sure they don't replace faulty one with brand new ones ?

if those 3 are having such problems, probably i will have no other choice than go for cx500v2. :x

Last edited:

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Don't worry cx series is good enough. My brother has been using it for 2.5 years almost. No issues.
And if you get any issue within warranty just give it to service centre and corsair will send you a brand new replacement psu. :)

avinandan012

Cyborg Agent
try WELCOME TO MDCOMPUTERS ::::::::::The Ultimate IT Solutions::::::::::.
go to the shop & bargain a little you will sure get a good deal

it's near the chandni metro entrance near e mall

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
thanks for the link. i see gs500 is listed @ 4k. but strangely, its not listed in corsair site :shock:. is it outdated or discontinued ?

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
it's now official, my graphics card is faulty. i checked it at friend's house today with his system and its the same there. *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/20.gif

i m practically doomed now, cause my c2d will basically bottleneck newer cards if i buy them *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/102.gif. so, is there any way to repair this card ? who does the maintenance work for XFX cards, will they do it even after warranty, for money ?

Last edited:

coolfire92

Lurking Around
Well if you are going to replace the card why not something like this as a last resort.
It was featured on lifehacker so must can't be hoax?
Anyway don't blame me if you further damage it or blow something up :p
Save a Dying Video Card with a Quick Bake in the Oven

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
it's now official, my graphics card is faulty. i checked it at friend's house today with his system and its the same there. *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/20.gif

i m practically doomed now, cause my c2d will basically bottleneck newer cards if i buy them *l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/102.gif. so, is there any way to repair this card ? who does the maintenance work for XFX cards, will they do it even after warranty, for money ?

you have a very capabe cpu (e8400) - just get a HD6770.

OP
icebags

icebags

Technomancer
thanks topgear and everybody for your support. it's getting graphics card centric, but if i m to get new hardware, i will get them to play bf3.

so, i will do some research, consider my options and open a new thread in gamer or new system section later to discuss it a whole. kindly post ur suggestions there when its available.

^^

Well if you are going to replace the card why not something like this as a last resort.
It was featured on lifehacker so must can't be hoax?
Anyway don't blame me if you further damage it or blow something up :p
Save a Dying Video Card with a Quick Bake in the Oven

i think i will check it with the service centre before baking my card.

Top Bottom