What Accident Have Your Devices Been Into?

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
It may be a mobile phone or a camera or anything but most of us have at least one experience of our device having an accident, may it be falling from a height or taking a dip in the water or anything. So why not share those experience and what you did to save the device and how you felt at the moment?

Here are mine -

1. My Nokia X1-01 fell from the 3rd floor, took a dip in a small 'nala'. I ran ASAP to the ground floor, took 10mins to find out that it was in the nala, then washed it with water, and then left it out to dry. In the evening it was working properly!! :D. I didn't fell much terrified as it was a 2k phone :razz:

2. My Nokia 500 took a dip in the sink while I was washing hands. I shook it, removed the battery and other parts and left it to dry. It was working properly the same evening!! :D. mummy me boht data tha iske liye :'(

3. The same sink thing happened with my sis's HTC Desire C and the same method was used, just it had to be kept out to dry for a day as it was night when it happened.

4. Just to test things, I took Nokia C2-02 and put it in a glass of water for 10 mins, took it out and removed all the parts and kept then to dry in the sun. It worked properly :D. it was a experiment so nothing to be terrified off.

5. My sis dropped Nokia E75 into water, didn't know what she did but it died :'( .

6. The latest one and the inspiration to open this thread-
My two weeks old Moto E fell into a big bowl of lukewarm milk, stayed there for 5secs while a song was being played on it, I took it out and then was super duper terrified that if it forget work then mom will kill me and I won't get any phone to I go to college. then I swiped it with a cloth, switched it off, shook it like crazy and then it suddenly turned on :O then I hurriedly switched it off, shook it like hell and let let it dry for 2 hours. its working flawlessly now :D

now share you experiences :mrgreen:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
nothing to comment here .:lol:

it looks like i take care of things Adequately.:p
not exactly. i dont have many gadgets ;)

beingGamer

In the zone
Never had any major accidents with any of my devices till now.. because i take care of them properly :D
just my Nokia N8 in last month got fully wet in the rain while i was on bike. but worked without any problems. didn't dry it either.

can i mention my bike as a device ? :lol:

ratul

█████████████████
All of my gadgets have been into a very big accident:
ME​

sksundram

In the zone
Spice m4580n model (a cheap but good model with great battery life). I kept it out on the perch. It rained all night. Next morning, I searched my room, kitchen, bathroom but to no avail. Finally, I found it outside. It was dead. The repair guy was unable to bring it back to life. :-(

amjath

Human Spambot
First My Nokia 1200 backup phone fell into stagnant rain water, I took it and switched off it. Came home removed everything, washed my phone with soap completely since it was in bad water. Kept in sunlight and rice for a day. Its working still.

Second My mighty galaxy S2 took multiple brutal falls [today it hit the floor on top] from different heights on all sides with scratch guard and no case just a little bump and few scratches thats it.

I guess S2 is the only phone's display which is protected perfectly, also I learned how removable battery is useful when a phone takes a hit

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I don't remember any of my phone being in an accident. Two of them got stolen from pocket in a bus, and it was well *lost* so couldn't do anything. My 33 month old LG Optimus One phone fell sometimes, but it's rock solid so nothing happens to it apart from cracks on the floor.

But I remember when once my Digi Cam, Nikon L20 went kaput and it was then when it cost me a lot apart from just money to fix it.

It was about 3 yrs ago. I went to Mumbai with my friend. We took a boat to an Island to see Elephanta Caves. It was drizzling, and later it started to rain pretty wildly. I couldn't protect my camera and few drops got inside somehow rendering the display useless. It cost me 4k to repair the display when I returned to Delhi. But since I didn't want to let my father know of the damage I thought to took care of it entirely. But fixing it delayed causing us to miss taking it for my cousin's marriage and it hence couldn't able to shoot many pictures there. Also my father came to know about the damage I did to the cam. I was cursing my luck very bad after that!

Well, since then I take extra care of my gadgets. Hence no major accidents till now.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
First My Nokia 1200 backup phone fell into stagnant rain water, I took it and switched off it. Came home removed everything, washed my phone with soap completely since it was in bad water. Kept in sunlight and rice for a day. Its working still.

all hail the lord Nokia :D :p

Second My mighty galaxy S2 took multiple brutal falls [today it hit the floor on top] from different heights on all sides with scratch guard and no case just a little bump and few scratches thats it.

I guess S2 is the only phone's display which is protected perfectly, also I learned how removable battery is useful when a phone takes a hit

I didn't knew that Samsung phones were that durable :|

my 7 year old moserbaer pendrive has had multiple visits to the washing machine, still working good. :D

damn this happens with me many times. all my pen drives have been into the washing machine thrice or more. they never went kaput.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
ZR: dropped from knee length(I am 6 ft.) many a times.
Y500:Dismantled twice by me.

- - - Updated - - -

Also ZR has been kept underwater for at least 5 mins many times with Camera, flash and screen on.

amjath

Human Spambot
[MENTION=271931]adityak469[/MENTION] I can't comment on other Sammy phone but s2 rocks. When the phone falls the battery pops which helps less damage to the phone and screen

nighthawkx

Broken In
The planet proof Motorola defy I own for three years has been through so much.

It has had a minimum of 50 falls with varying heights from a floor above to knee length. It withstood every time except when it fell into rock shards - face down - while I was riding a bike. The screen had 3-4 cracks near the buttons :'(

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
and my moto e took the mightiest blow ;-;

the story-
was using earphones, friend was mounting scooty, friend's leg attak gya in earphone wires and then my phone went flying.
the screen would have been all over the road if not for the screen guard. currently the screen guard is holding the screen with the help of some cellotape. service center guys said that the parts would come after a week and cost Rs2650 ;-;

will post pics if my PC boots up.

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Another Defy here. Fell from my shirt pocket while riding my bike. I was travelling at 65kmph when this happend. No scratchguard or protective case. The phone fell hard on the tarmac and bounced/rolled sever times and landed on its face (screen). Some hard scratches at the corners, but nothing else happened. Did not even switch off. Still using the same phone and still water proof :D.

Few years earlier, the same happened to Sony Ericsson J100i. Worked fine. Now it has no battery and that infamous joystick key problem.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
I took it out and then was super duper terrified that if it forget work then mom will kill me and I won't get any phone to I go to college. then I swiped it with a cloth, switched it off, shook it like crazy and then it suddenly turned on :O then I hurriedly switched it off, shook it like hell and let let it dry for 2 hours. its working flawlessly now :D

*img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130723025715/uncyclopedia/images/e/e7/R.I.P._English.jpg

It looks like you are careless , I have never had an accident with my phone .

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
This happened when I had been to Black thunder 2011,I was holding my phone in one hand and my digital camera in other, I slipped and feel the camera flew and feel into the water, and my camera never worked again xD.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
slipped my brand new xperia x10 (at that time ,it was the 1st 1GHz phone)
on a road, near my house fell x4 times,
:shock:
well the screen was not broken :-D (2x screen guards)
but
the edges of the phone were damaged slightly:-(

and now
still working perfectly :cool:

it is the best camera phone imo...daylight
-----------
my penderives never had the luck to visit the washing machine...as i always somehow take it from th pocket before washing :cool:
-----------
laptop fell down
screen replaced

laptop fell down
screen broke
not using this laptop anymore

laptop fell down
display cable came off and i opened up and repaired
-----------
I always take care for my gadgets :-D

Top Bottom