What Accident Have Your Devices Been Into?

R2K

In the Zone
Misplaced and Lost barely a month old Nokia 5800 Xpress music due to my carelessness. Since that disaster :D I started taking extremely good care of my gadgets.

abhidev

Human Spambot
My iphone headphones had gone through an entire washing cycle in the washing machine and they still work :D

ashs1

Padawan
lent my canon powershot a1100 to my friend...he wanted to use it for some recording purposes.
During recording, he kept the camera on top of a unstable surface and the camera fell down on its lense.
took 3k to repair it. :/

Flash

Lost in speed
First My Nokia 1200 backup phone fell into stagnant rain water, I took it and switched off it. Came home removed everything, washed my phone with soap completely since it was in bad water. Kept in sunlight and rice for a day. Its working still.
*www.parapsihopatologija.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/smiley_hail.gif

- - - Updated - - -

This happened when i was in staying with friends.

All of us guys (4-5) sleep on the floor with beds. Usually i keep my phone (Nokia 3230) under my pillow (at that time), after i play some games before i sleep. Bathroom was adjacent to where we sleep, but not very next. Some of the guys from our room, went to the bathroom and forgot to turn off the tap (we don't know at what time, it happened). Water was flown onto the floor, and we were marooned on the water like tiny islands. Since we are sleeping on the bed, we didn't feel the water was flowing and the bed didn't absorbed that much water.

When i was about to wakeup (with my eyes closed), i felt my hand in water (like when you wave the water, while going on a boat) and thought that it was a dream. I did again and realize that my fingers are soaked deep in water. When i opened my eyes, all of the things in the floor (like papers, dust, plastic covers) were floating and the whole situation was like "Titanic" incident where an imaginary ship broke, and all the people in it were floating in the water in a bed. Next thing i saw is, my phone immersed on the water and i was like..

*www.vitaminedz.com/articles/2445/01_2445712.jpg

I shouted, and then only all the guys who were sleeping realized that the room is surrounded by water. We saved everything that can be saved like rescue workers, and immediately closed the tap. I've removed the mobile back cover and put it in sunlight for about an hour, but when i switched back all i saw was WSOD (White screen of death), it was pretty common on the Symbian OS when the OS was infected with virus or something gone bad.

After that, we parted ways and some went far away to work. Still when we remember the incident, we laugh a lot and yet we don't know who was the culprit who inundated us.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
last phone: Motorola ROKR E6e

got wet in the rain, though no water entered the phone but the display started acting weird changing colour a bit when punched (resistive touch screen) and sometimes won't register any touch. finally gave up around 6 months later.

current phone: LG Optimus One

getting ready to leave for summer training the next day and testing some new rom. using CWM (ClockworkMod) and it somehow corrupted the boot image so neither the mobile boots up nor can will it enter CWM. Was forced to flash stock firmware (using some crap LG tool known to brick mobiles most of the time) when mom entered my room and mistakenly touched the data cable and the flashing process got stuck close to 100%. I was pretty much sure my phone was gone this time. Luckily it survived that close encounter with brick and flashed custom rom again. Also numerous (100+) drops.

last camera: Canon IXUS 105

thief broke into my house and took away the camera & still functional Nokia 1100, was my dad's favorite.

current camera: Canon SX150

was clicking pictures in Manali when the camera slipped off and fell lens first in snow. My biggest concern was the rocks may scratch the lens. Some snow got stuck but luckily no damage was done. Nobody of my family noticed.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^thief broke into your house and stole your camera? anything else just curious

Geek's care only about their gadgets! :p
[MENTION=88006]sam[/MENTION]: You do seem to have butter fingers. xD
I bet you would not want a phone withe bigger display then 4"?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^thief broke into your house and stole your camera? anything else just curious

around 15k cash. they broke in at evening time.

Geek's care only about their gadgets! :p
[MENTION=88006]sam[/MENTION]: You do seem to have butter fingers. xD
I bet you would not want a phone withe bigger display then 4"?

was standing on a snow and rocky area with hardly any grip.

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
aaaanndddd my screen broke too ;-;
phone on bed, me jump on bed, breaking sound, i check i cri ;-;

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Pen drive in pyjama

Went to washing machine > got cleaned with detergent > it fell off from a balcony of 5th floor during drying > PEN DRIVE still works flawlessly. :D

beingGamer

In the zone
I forgot to mention my Nokia 5800,
Happened in December 2013
forgot it on a seat in Bank of Baroda. when recognized it's missing, checked th seat and it was gone :O
someone stole it already, and it happend within 5 minutes.
Since then I miss the stereo loutspeakers :cry:

OP
adityak469

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
****ed up month this is

now my 32GB class 10 mSD card is missing. too many mishaps in a month ;_;

Inceptionist

Journeyman
My devices haven't been in any accidents apart from regular dropping.

My friend's Blackberry had jumped into hot bath water though. Dude was seriously worried.

We opened it, removed battery, and put it in rice for about 6-7 hours.

It was working after that.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Interesting topic.

My one month old LG G2 fell from my hands from about 2 ft high:shock::shock::shock:. But the hard cover and the screen guard saved it. Nothing on it except a 1mm long faint scratch.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Can't really remember how many times I have dropped my phones, not lately, but used to, says how the build quality has been degrading, I had to change my usage pattern :oops:

But two were kinda shocking,

K790i : It slept out of my hand and fall on a stair on 1st floor, then rolled through all the stairs and ended up at ground floor. What did I do to save it? Don't know if this a sarcastic query, how can one do something to save an accident? Anyway, I didn't do anything of course, I just looked as it happened. Was I shocked? No, not at all. I didn't feel a thing, I had confidence about it's build and knew nothing would happened and that's what happened, other than two very minor scuffs on the side.
It happened in my college, I mean when I was in college, back in 07/08.

W850i : I honestly don't remember how many times it was dropped from my hand, and then when it was passed to my mom's. Once I dropped it when I was getting out from a taxi, it hit the ****ing dirty road, and that's what I didn't like, the uncleanliness, not the drop.

N95 : This is one ****ing incident which I will only forget when I will die. Two weeks old N95 was stolen from a cyber cafe where I used to play CS. I could not sleep that night. The phone usually was never found. Had to purchase another next week.

Top Bottom