Welcome to Thinkdigit v3!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
How about fixing the forum for a change? And getting a better hosting provider? And actually listening to what the members say, for a change?

That was mean! When have I not listened to the members?

Forum version upgraded 3.7.1 > 3.8.2 -- so hopefully that will solve a few of the problems. The rest to be solved within a week or two, I'm taking the downtimes very seriously.

Merlin = Ahmed Shaikh -- most of the older readers will remember him.

This post however, was NOT made by Ahmed... yes, I know who you are ;)

Now that you've let the cat out of the bag, yes we have a new site coming soon, and I mean soon.

Please wait a little longer while we update the site and forum. Things will be a little iffy for a few hours today, but once it's done, you can start the feedback here again.

Raaabo

Mrinal Mohit

Broken In
You know what, most people don't give a damn to Digit's website. They just care about the forum. Our bookmarks point to www.thinkdigit.com/forum and not www.thinkdigit.com. I mean to say that there are 100s of good "daily dose" tech news sites which I must say, are waaaay better that Digit's home page. Where Digit's online presence scores is in the forums. So please, prioritise.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

Forum version upgraded 3.7.1 > 3.8.2 -- so hopefully that will solve a few of the problems. The rest to be solved within a week or two, I'm taking the downtimes very seriously.

how about taking our request seriously and downgrade 3.8.2 to 1.0.0!!!!

we don't want eye candy. We want a forum that is fast and that doesn't think every post as a double post.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
:BIG SIGH:
I just wrote a big post and believing d improvement I didn't take a backup of it.
And now it doesn't exist.

And, yesterday I adviced disc_junkie to backup b4 posting:-(

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
I can spot some changes!
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
:BIG SIGH:
I just wrote a big post and believing d improvement I didn't take a backup of it.
And now it doesn't exist.

And, yesterday I adviced disc_junkie to backup b4 posting:-(

You should have copied it!!!:idea:

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob

Merlin = Ahmed Shaikh -- most of the older readers will remember him.

Now that you've let the cat out of the bag, yes we have a new site coming soon, and I mean soon.

Please wait a little longer while we update the site and forum. Things will be a little iffy for a few hours today, but once it's done, you can start the feedback here again.

Raaabo

Well, at least it brought a reply from you, something which all of us have been waiting for!! :)

And Ahmad Shaikh is still with Digit??? :shock:

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
how about taking our request seriously and downgrade 3.8.2 to 1.0.0!!!!

we don't want eye candy. We want a forum that is fast and that doesn't think every post as a double post.

^^+1

who requested these updates?? v just asked to fix the forum, not to upgrade. Those updates r meant for people who knows hw to handle a forum properly, not for TDF guys I think :rolleyes: I hav seen 17yr old high-school kids who hav their own forums...hmm, TDF admins, this is pathetic...may be worst than dat.

btw thanx Admins for giving ur attention at least now. The words may seem hard, but its just dat....we don't want to see TDF die. :smile: So gud luck...

hmm....a rat within the admins
that's interesting

any way i hope you guys will hear out everyone's complaints and fix all the bugs soon.

Last edited:

red_devil

Back!
looks like the admins are actually serious about upgrading the forum... well, i'd like to see some bugs fixed...but more importantly, MORE MODS.

either remove the currently inactive ones or appoint more mods...i'm sure the admins have nothing to lose in appointing new mods..
Posted again:

oh blah !! your 'thinkdigit v3' still has the "The following errors occurred with your submission" thingy... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Time for new MODS.... or better, remove inactive ones and appoint more mods for each sub-forum, that way we can keep the pace up..!

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
but still it dun come near the old vanilla...

nyway its gr8 too see admins noticing the members requests. But its kinda late, many have already said bye bye.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
@Raaabo, good going, the forum has become very responsive.

Also if I may bring your attention, we are missing the feature to "delete other posts by user" while deleting posts as spam. This will result in hunting down every single post of the spambots as you may also know.

And also, can we have the forum jump box please?

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Finally we're seeing some progress. Thank goodness.

Forum was down this evening, still can't see any improvements though. Hope you guys can fix all bugs with the forum ASAP.

EDIT: The forum does seem to be loading faster. The bugs still exist though.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
lolz another stupid design! page width reduced & the ad bar still remians resutling in horrific reduction in forum content display space. #PHAIL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom