web pages not opening--help

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatkat

Technomancer
Download MWAV and F-Secure BlackLight and scan using them.
Post the result given by MWAV and BlackLight.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
Thats strange which ISP do you use and post a shot of the dns you added also right click on the network icon and select repair this flushes the arp cache .

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Can you open the sites via a Proxy server............. Try once.....................
Proxy list available at
*www.proxy4free.com/page1.html

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi
pradeep_chauhan, my ISP is BSNL(DataOne).
For DNS see the screen shot.

*img123.echo.cx/img123/151/dnsup6hm.jpg

@khattam, i dont know how to use those proxy addersses.

thank you.

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
I saw that snap shot enable (select ) clients for Microsoft Networks and File and Printer Shar...........
reboot IT WILL WORK if it does not work i will come to your place NOW and set it right

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
sorry guys i need some time now. i don't know how but my system got infected by a virus "Worm.Win32.PassMail.10" suddenly and 1000's of files (*.exe) got infected and got deleted.

now i have to format the disk, cleanup everything, then setup every thing.
i will contact you ASAP. please forgive me. :cry: :cry:

thank you.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
prathap pls install sp2 and then install zap and ad aware and then only come online i think if u read this post it will b very late wven tho man still do it when u come online ok.

swatkat

Technomancer
As i have seen from the start of the thread, yor are having some viruses, trojans and Spywares. After you install the OS, it;s better you install these tools, given here.

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi every one,
i formated my system and reinstalled win XP and it's SP2.
i also installed all the security softwares neceassary. now everything is fine. i am able to browse all the sites, even "microsoft.com". :D

thank you every one for you support.

PS: when i formatted my c:, i lost my MBR where Fedora linux was present. now do i have to del. the linux partition and re install it or can i get back my fedora without deleting the partition?

thank you.

swatkat

Technomancer
Use the Fedora CD and boot in the Rescue Mode (you can also type linux rescue and press ENTER, to go in Rescue Mode), and there type the following commands and press ENTER after each ones.
chroot /mnt/sysimage
grub-install /dev/hda

Then reboot.

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi swatkat,
the commands worked. now the fedora is back. i am posting this from fedora.

thank you every one for your support.

thank you.

swatkat

Technomancer
Okey :) But be sure to update AntiVirus, AntiSpywares ( i am assuming you have installed them!! ) and Windows regularly. And, perform regular scans.

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
swatkat said:
Use the Fedora CD and boot in the Rescue Mode (you can also type linux rescue and press ENTER, to go in Rescue Mode), and there type the following commands and press ENTER after each ones.
chroot /mnt/sysimage
grub-install /dev/hda

Then reboot.
Are these commands same f0r Mandrake??

djmykey

Let the music play.....
hi prathap, dont 4get to install ZAP now pls do that or else again ull b back to pavilion, ok c to it.

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
now every thing is working fine.
i have installed these s/w: NAV2004,Zone Alarm,A squared, SpywareBlaster, Spybot-S&D, Ccleaner, Ad-Aware SE personal.

i have downloaded regclean & cleanup also but have not installed them yet.

i think this much is enougn.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom