web pages not opening--help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashnet

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

How do you connct to the internet? are you using a dial-up connection or broadband connection?
rename the hosts file & then restart the computer.
please ping the url and the ip address by going to the command prompt and post the ping statistics.
if you are getting ping successful when you ping the url and the ip address. please repair IE
if the issue still persists, perform a telnet test
type "telnet www.yahoo.com 80" at the command prompt and press enter.
if you get the result could not open connection to port 80 then you need to disable the firewall. ( as win xp SP2 by default has a firewall enabled)
also try disabling the anti-virus software

djmykey

Let the music play.....
me too facing similar problems even imageshack isnt opening. im dead man. pls help me my hijack this log file

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 8:51:48 AM, on 4/4/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v5.00 SP4 (5.00.2920.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro 5\kavmm.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro 5\kav.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\mplayer2.exe
C:\Program Files\DAP\DAP.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Documents and Settings\Mec_2\Desktop\HijackThis.exe

O3 - Toolbar: @msdxmLC.dll,-1@1033,&Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINNT\System32\msdxm.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KAV50] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro 5\kav.exe" -run -n PersonalPro -v 5.0.0.0 -chkss
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Zone Labs Client] "C:\Program Files\Zone Labs\ZoneAlarm\zlclient.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Yahoo! Pager] "C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ypager.exe" -quiet
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Download with &DAP - C:\PROGRA~1\DAP\dapextie.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download &all with DAP - C:\PROGRA~1\DAP\dapextie2.htm
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: Run DAP - {669695BC-A811-4A9D-8CDF-BA8C795F261C} - C:\PROGRA~1\DAP\DAP.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Related - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Show &Related Links - {c95fe080-8f5d-11d2-a20b-00aa003c157a} - C:\WINNT\web\related.htm
O9 - Extra button: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Yahoo! Messenger - {E5D12C4E-7B4F-11D3-B5C9-0050045C3C96} - C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YPager.exe
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{EA74D3E8-7DDB-4658-A085-F4015F7166D8}: NameServer = 61.1.96.69 61.1.96.71
O23 - Service: Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service (dmadmin) - VERITAS Software Corp. - C:\WINNT\System32\dmadmin.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus Service (KLBLMain) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus Personal Pro 5\kavmm.exe
O23 - Service: TrueVector Internet Monitor (vsmon) - Zone Labs Inc. - C:\WINNT\system32\ZoneLabs\vsmon.exe

pls tell me what to do.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Sorry but Spybot did the trick. Thanks swatkat for all those suggestions and support man. U dunno u savd me a lot of dilemma man thanks.

swatkat

Technomancer
@djmykey, HJT log is alright, but update Internet Explorer to 6 SP1. Also, what did SpyBot SnD remove?

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,

@ashnet: i use bsnl's dataone broadband connection.
ping gave "Request timed out" error.

@swatkat: even after executing that cmd, no progress.

thank you.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Why am I supposed to update to IE 6, swatkat pls clear some things for me na?? And I'm still facing some problems for some sites.

swatkat

Technomancer
This may be happening because the connection is being dropped due to the higher size of packets.

Both of you, download Dr.TCP and post a screenshot of it.
*www.dslreports.com/drtcp?nav=12

If you have MaxMTU as "1500" make it as "1492" and check with the WebPages, if this does not work, change the size to "1472".

But before doing this, go to Start> Run and type regedit and press ENTER.
There click File> Export, and here type a file name and export the WHOLE registry.

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
swatkat here is the screenshot.

*img185.exs.cx/img185/7082/tcp8rj.jpg

but it is not showing anything.
even after changing the value of MaxMTU to 1492 or 1472, the problem still persists.
now do i have to import the registry.

thank you.

swatkat

Technomancer
Where did you entered the MTU value? Enter the MTU value in Dial Up (RAS) MTU box and click "Save" and reboot.
If you want to revert back, then delete the entered number and click Save and reboot.

Also, if you keep on refreshing the page, do they load?

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
i tried that also. but it was of no use. the problem still persists.

i am getting frustrated. :x :x don't know what to do.

thank you.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
swatkat ie6 sp1 is not getting installed on my machine and whenever i want to check my yahoo mail i gotta run spybot first and then i cna check my mail.
the entry it deletes is

DSO Exploit

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-606747145-1957994488-1708537768-1000\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Zones\0\1004!=W=3

It shows it as an registry chnage. Pls help me man coz my dad's killing me.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Nah .. You dont have to remove this entry as this is a Bug in Spybot SnD itselft .. You dont have to worry about it whle the Zone ID is 3 .. :) ...

digen

Youngling
The DSO Exploit is a security gap in IE. Microsoft did already repair this, so if you have all Windows updates and patches installed, it will not be dangerous for your system. Spybot S&D will still find it, because it contains an invalid value. Spybot S&D just has to reset that value. Unfortunately, in the current version, it sets again an incorrect value, so it is found in the next scan. Please update your main program.

mike download the fix from here

swatkat

Technomancer
@prathap, Well, this may be the problem with the ISP itself.
Anyway, try these steps:-
1] Open IE, go to Tools> Internet Options. Here click "Advanced" tab, and CHECK these items:-
a] Use HTTP 1.1
b] Use HTTP 1.1 through Proxy
c] Use SSL 2.0
d] Use SSL 3.0
And UNCHECK this entry:-
a] Enable third party browser extension.

2] Download and install RefreshIE and configure it to refresh the page. Please read the instructions in their site.
*www.iansharpe.com/refreshie2help.php

@digen, That DSO Exploit Fix in MajorGeeks is an internal Test version (TX version) and is not a final release.
But installing SpyBot SnD 1.3 and updating it would solve the problem.

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
swakat i can open microsoft.com now. see the screenshot and you will come to know the reason for the problem.

*img79.exs.cx/img79/2999/virus6xw.jpg

thank you very very much for your help swatkat. man, you are like a database of solutions. you have thought me so much.

thank you once again for your time and help.

thank you.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hey ppl removing that dso exploit works for me but still i cant browse ms sites and also imageshack tho yahoo works kinda crippled for me. pls help me. Btw im now on win 98.

swatkat

Technomancer
prathap_lab said:
hi,
swakat i can open microsoft.com now. see the screenshot and you will come to know the reason for the problem.

*img79.exs.cx/img79/2999/virus6xw.jpg

thank you very very much for your help swatkat. man, you are like a database of solutions. you have thought me so much.

thank you once again for your time and help.

thank you.
wow....i am glad that your problem is solved! :D
Did you made those changes in IE options mentioned in my above post?
To make sure that everything is clean,you have to remove the Java JAR Cache, follow the instructions here.
*java.com/en/download/help/cache_virus.xml

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
sorry for late reply. there was some problem with bsnl's dataone.

i did not made the changes in IE options. even without doing it started to work. should i make those changes now?

i cleaned the java JAR cache and now every thing is fine.

thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom