web pages not opening--help

Status
Not open for further replies.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hey ppl I'm still unable to browse yahoo properly it gets stuck at f11.yahoo something. pls help me.

swatkat

Technomancer
@dj, Ya, that's some problem with Yahoo.
Which browser you are using? I think IE asks you that "some script is running very slow" and it gives you an option to disable that script, if you disable it, site will open.
Try this in IE:-
Go to Tools> Internet Options, here click Advanced tab and UNCHECK "Enable third party browser extension" option.

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
swatkat the problem is occuring again. :( :( . i don't know what to do.
i know i am wasting your time. sorry for that.
this time just posting to tell you. that's all.
i even changed the IE options that you had mentioned and the virus is also not present in the system. i think it's my bad luck.
don't bother to reply.
thank you.

swatkat

Technomancer
That may the problem with your Internet Service Provider. Anyway, try with Opera!
*www.opera.com/download/

swatkat

Technomancer
Hmm....rename all your HOSTS file (to something like HOSTSOld ) and then try.

Also, try this, perform a Spyware scan at eTrust PestPatrol (this requires Internet Explorer), and post the result it gives.
*store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?page=freePestPatrolScan&client=ComputerAssociates&sid=35715

djmykey

Let the music play.....
prathap what os are you on. if ur on win xp then update to sp2 i think that plugs most of the things and ull be fine and also use a firewall ok. ill get back to u in a day or two.

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
swatkat i will try the things you have told. but before that i had something to tell.
the sites which are not opening in WinXP are opening in linux. i even downloaded for microsoft.com.
so i think it is OS problem ie.. problem with WinXP.
@djmykey, my OS is Win XP home edition with SP2.
thank you.

digen

Youngling
This may be of little or no help can you check your event viewer logs?
Start>run>eventvwr
Check the logs under under system & application.

swatkat

Technomancer
Have you performed the Online Spyware scan at PestPatrol.
Install ZoneAlarm Free Firewall and then allow only Browsers and AntiVirus to connect to internet.
*www.zonelabs.com/store/content/company/products/znalm/freeDownload.jsp

digen

Youngling
prathap_lab said:
hi,
digen. what am i supposed to find there?
thank you.
Note of any errors along with their EventId.

Code:
Event Types
The description of each event that is logged depends on the type of event. Each event in a log can be classified into one of the following types: 
•	Information 

An event that describes the successful operation of a task, such as an application, driver, or service. For example, an Information event is logged when a network driver loads successfully. 	
•	Warning 

An event that is not necessarily significant, however, may indicate the possible occurrence of a future problem. For example, a Warning message is logged when disk space starts to run low. 	
•	Error 

An event that describes a significant problem, such as the failure of a critical task. Error events may involve data loss or loss of functionality. For example, an Error event is logged if a service fails to load during startup.

You can learn more about event viewer from here: *support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427&sd=tech

swatkat

Technomancer
You still have some Spywares which degrade the IE and System performance like TwainTech, Media Pass etc.

Do this:-

Boot in SAFE mode. Go to Control Panel> Add\Remove Programs. Here uninstall these things, if you find them:-
1]Wind Updates
2] Twain-Tech
3] LimeWire
4] Kazaa
5] Xolox
5] BearShare
6] MediaPass
7] BTGrab

Run CCleaner and CleanUp! (both) and then reboot.
CCleaner
CleanUp!

Get RegSupreme (not Pro) and then, run it (it asks for cache optimization, agree to it). Then click "Deep" scan and remove the junk it shows.
*www.macecraft.com/regsupreme/

If you can not find any of the above listed Spywares in Add/Remove list, inform the same. Uninstall those P2P apps for now, later when everything's become alright, you can reinstall good P2P tools like Shareaza.

digen

Youngling
Not only does he still have loads of scumware but also some worries with event id 1007.
Here are the possibilities for the error,
*eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1007

I wont bother about the 4226 warning its a conncurrent connections fix imposed after installing/updating sp2.You can calmly leave this warning aside.

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
swatkat except Limewire i dont have the other app. listed there. don't know why it is showing those.
the limewire which i have is PRO version ie.. without ads.
anyway i have downloaded cleanUp and regsupreme and i will follow the procedure.

digen: my errors are due to DHCP.
thank you.

OP
P

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
swatkat i followed the procedure. cleaned the registry and the system.
but the problem still persists.
and the entries to the above detected app. were not present in Add/Remove except for limewire.

p2p s/w which i use : limewire pro, shareaza, emule plus.

thank you.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
ok prathap I know this thing sounds kinda wierd but still I wanted to share this with you. Limeware gave me also problems. That java thingy $crewed my pc man. So I junked it. My pick is that u use ares instead its nice I'm using it out here and mind u u get almost the same results (search results) as u get in Limewire. Remove limewire and that jave thingy and then clean ur pc for ads viruses then ull be good. just my 2 cents hope ur problem is solved.

swatkat

Technomancer
Can you post the ZoneAlarm Log file content?

Also, go to Command Prompt, and type this command netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt and press ENTER. (Dont lose that resetlog.txt file!)
Check with the error.

Then run SpyBot SnD and click "Check For Problems" and delete all the entries it finds.
*www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom