web database help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mck3bangalore

Right off the assembly line
Hey guyz, i wanna built a website, for which i am using dreamweaver.
And the requirement is, i have two fields username and password!
I must be able to store the username and password that is been entered.
For which i have created a database using php n created two tables with "username and password" values.
Now i am stuck up. How do i link up there things, i.e the website fields with ma database.

Guys all i need is, what ever that is typed in these two fields, need to come n get stored in the database.
plz plz plz guyz how can i do it, i dont know much of html,php,sql stuff. i am a beginner in this! *www.chip.in/forums/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
thnks for ur posts.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
You will need to know the following to make a login system in PHP-MySQL:
1. HTML forms
2. SQL
3. Adding and retriving data from a (My)SQL database using PHP.

For 1: *www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp
For 2 and 3: *www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/phpmysql or *www.tizag.com/mysqlTutorial/

If you are gonna do this on your PC, you will have to install Apache, PHP and MySQL. All the 3 can be installed in few clicks using WAMP or XAMPP

OP
M

mck3bangalore

Right off the assembly line
You will need to know the following to make a login system in PHP-MySQL:
1. HTML forms
2. SQL
3. Adding and retriving data from a (My)SQL database using PHP.

For 1: *www.w3schools.com/html/html_forms.asp
For 2 and 3: *www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/phpmysql or *www.tizag.com/mysqlTutorial/

If you are gonna do this on your PC, you will have to install Apache, PHP and MySQL. All the 3 can be installed in few clicks using WAMP or XAMPP

Thank u very much with those links, going through these tutors, I have created a webpage, and also a database with the required tables...
Now the problem is linking the webpage to my database...
i.e...
i have two fields, username and password.. and when i click submit, the info needs to be send to my online DB that i have created...
This is some thing i found:
" If you type some characters in the text field above, and click the "Submit" button, you will send your input to a page called "html_form_action.asp". That page will show you the received input."
Can u plz let me more bought this "html_form_action.asp" file....

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
Why is PHP and MySQL a bad combination? Please explain. I have been using it for quite some time now and it did everything I wanted.

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
The argument of MySQL vs PostgreSQL does exist but the answer to that is not so simple and is not needed in this thread really. PostgreSQL is much more complex than MySQL and is better for certain applications due to that fact.

A really nice comparison can be found here: *articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-22-1050671.html

And @OP - ASP and PHP are different things, be clear and head only in one way. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom