WD or Seagate internal HDD

Wd black is not available in 500 GB capacity. I would recommend wd for their very good a.s.s.

Wd black is not available in 500 GB capacity. I would recommend wd for their very good a.s.s.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
WD Black is available from 500 GB - 4 TB models
WD Black
Western Digital Caviar Black WD5003AZEX - Newegg.com

y2j826

Journeyman
Sony 500 GB External HD is also not bad option, however bit costlier compared to others, having 3 HD's of 500 GB and all are working fine... one attached to PC, one to PS3 and one to Home Theatre...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ what's the warranty period and who provides A.S.S. for sony external HDDs ? BTW, UI've heard that sony uses segate disc in their external HDDs ;-)

y2j826

Journeyman
^^ what's the warranty period and who provides A.S.S. for sony external HDDs ? BTW, UI've heard that sony uses segate disc in their external HDDs ;-)

It's true that 'Seagate' disk is being used in external HDD's but its 'Sony' brand and the brand which always can be trusted in electronic products... The warranty period is 3 years and I have purchased 2 HDD's from Flipkart and 1 HDD from market and from last 1 year havn't faced any problem in two of HDD's, 1 purchased a month ago only...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
thanks guys..purchased wd blue for 3k.wd black wasnt available anywhere in 500gb,only in 750 or 1tb.

Congrats on your purchase .. can you tell me the price of the WD 750GB Black ? and if possible any link of online sellers selling this.

OP
Y

yabbadaaba

Broken In
could not find any online sellers selling this. smc & comp empire have in stock.dont remember the exact prices but 750 was for 4100 and 1tb for 5200,not sure.

Top Bottom