WD Blue 500 GB SAT III HDD Problems

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Hi! So, when I purchased my pc from flipkart in June 2012 I bought a WD Blue 500GB SATA III (5000AAKX) HDD but that turned out to be DOA , I then called up cc of flipkart and then they replaced my hdd which too was DOA , I got that one replaced too Now this third HDD was working normally until 6-7 months , from then the performance degraded heavily and now it is very bad , I can even play a video without it getting stuck every 15-30 sec . Same happens in games , there is a huge amount of lag in the games in some irregular time intervals . Sometimes the whole computer hangs and then again starts working , I know it is because of HDD (the HDD LED on cabinet doesn't blink but stays on many times) . I want to confirm that is the HDD bad or it is some other problem. Also, I have a second HDD installed (WD 160 GB SATA II) in this HDD I have OS, and important stuff and this HDD doesnt give any problem (no video/game hangs).

HD-Tune Benchmark and Error Scan :

*i.imgur.com/gfYs5C7.png

*i.imgur.com/QFtoUYg.png

On the Other Hand this is the Benchmark of The WD 160 GB SATA II (In this drive the videos/Games do not lag)

*i.imgur.com/OaX68CO.png

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
the only thing which you must post while asking questions about hdd health is the only thing you didn't posted.click on info tab & post the S.M.A.R.T. values table first not the benchmark or error scan.

OP
rajatGod512

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
the only thing which you must post while asking questions about hdd health is the only thing you didn't posted.click on info tab & post the S.M.A.R.T. values table first not the benchmark or error scan.

There is no S.M.A.R.T. Value table , In the supported feature it is ticked (S.M.A.R.T.).

I mean look at HD Tune Benchmark results. The speeds are dropped pretty bad at 0-20GB.. So it is possible the movie you are trying to view may like in that region. Post a HD sentinel screenshot.

The movies are over 100 GBs , + any video which I play also lags (resolution doesn't matter) , also every game I install in that HDD lags badly . Framerate drops to 0 , and then picks up again in 1-2 seconds.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Did you try with another cable/SATA sockets? I am assuming its connected on the blue socket/SATA 6gb/s.

To be honest, another person I know had the same issue as he got from flipkart and got the replacement from flipkart. I've told him to RMA it to WD's Service Centre and they gave him a working piece. If you end up giving an RMA again, this time give it to WD guys.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
click on health tab.also download & install crystaldisk info which is completely free & much better than HDTune in my opinion.

Top Bottom