WatchDogs

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR
Re: WatchDogs - PC/Xbox360/XboxOne/PS3/PS4

Your rig is powerful . Download ASAP

Downloaded it, getting 40-50 fps all ultra but drops down to 25-30 especially while driving.
Turned a few settings to high, still same problem.

Turned everything to low, there was still fps drops (again, mainly while driving). I hope they release a patch instead of focusing on newer DLC's.

Patch it lol otherwise you will cry why you bought the game. :lol:

Are there any unofficial patches released yet?

Gollum

Collector

Downloaded it, getting 40-50 fps all ultra but drops down to 25-30 especially while driving.
Turned a few settings to high, still same problem.

Turned everything to low, there was still fps drops (again, mainly while driving). I hope they release a patch instead of focusing on newer DLC's.

Are there any unofficial patches released yet?
DLC = more money
Patch = no money
watchdogs devs are greedy

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

Darn!!! I wish ATI comes up with something to kick Nvidia in their nuts.

You do know that GW actually can help indie developers to extend their set of capabilities and available resources without building super expensive in-house solutions? right...riiiight??

you are also still stuck with ATI, its AMD now :D

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

You do know that GW actually can help indie developers to extend their set of capabilities and available resources without building super expensive in-house solutions? right...riiiight??

you are also still stuck with ATI, its AMD now :D

Ah true. But I have always used ATI instead of AMD. I am not against game works, am against deliberately crippling the competition.
Had not ATI (oops AMD) brought out Tahiti, Nvidia cards would still cost a premium making high end rigs out of my league at least.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

Ah true. But I have always used ATI instead of AMD. I am not against game works, am against deliberately crippling the competition.
Had not ATI (oops AMD) brought out Tahiti, Nvidia cards would still cost a premium making high end rigs out of my league at least.

The point boss, the point. if you are not against GW or nvidia, then apparently you have already contradicted your point about nvidia crippling competition. The words about this is long discussed and taken to developers who actually write code and make games. They ARE NOT agreeing with even a tiny part where it says nvidia has deliberately tried to destroy market for AMD. Who else do you need to vouch for the fact now?

Nvidia's stupid pricing, another story, a SAGA, totally different perspective.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

The point boss, the point. if you are not against GW or nvidia, then apparently you have already contradicted your point about nvidia crippling competition. The words about this is long discussed and taken to developers who actually write code and make games. They ARE NOT agreeing with even a tiny part where it says nvidia has deliberately tried to destroy market for AMD. Who else do you need to vouch for the fact now?

Nvidia's stupid pricing, another story, a SAGA, totally different perspective.

May be. But I am unable to digest the fact that on similar specs Nvidia rigs are outperforming AMD rigs by 15-20 fps. Optimization is another thing. Just a personal experience. If I play Watchdogs using borderless mode I get 55 fps with everything cranked up. The moment I go full screen (mins it, visually there are no difference in this two modes) it drops to 30. I bet no Nvidia user is facing similar issue.

Or may be am just paranoid. It will be beneficial to entire PC gaming community if am proved wrong. Peace!

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

^^

HARDOCP - Watch Dogs - Watch Dogs AMD & NVIDIA GPU Performance Preview

Read the whole article carefully, if you have not read already. Specially where it is written after a thorough analysis of performance about watch_dogs running with gpus from both camps that....

"There has been a lot of FUD around the internet about AMD potentially lacking in performance compared to NVIDIA. We hope we have smashed the rumors and provided facts based on gameplay and not some quick-use benchmark tool that will many times tell you little."

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

^^

HARDOCP - Watch Dogs - Watch Dogs AMD & NVIDIA GPU Performance Preview

Read the whole article carefully, if you have not read already. Specially where it is written after a thorough analysis of performance about watch_dogs running with gpus from both camps that....

"There has been a lot of FUD around the internet about AMD potentially lacking in performance compared to NVIDIA. We hope we have smashed the rumors and provided facts based on gameplay and not some quick-use benchmark tool that will many times tell you little."

The article is about their collaboration right? I have not found the specified lines. Let's see

Updated:
Sorry did not see the new link. Well that is reasurring at least. May be a new driver will fix the issues am facing.

Last edited:

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR

So I found a way to fix Watch_Doge FPS problems. I am now getting a constant 45+ fps while driving and 55-70fps while not driving on all settings on High (not ultra, haven't tested it yet will post tomorrow). Almost stuttering is gone/minimal.

Go here C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Watch_Dogs\bin

Create a shortcut of watch_dogs.exe to desktop.

Go to properties of that shorcut and in the target location add the following command
Code:
 -disablepagefilecheck

This should solve it ;)

Also change GPU Buffers to 1

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hmm .. interesting. So disabling pagefile should fix the stuttering issue ? Anyway, people with 8GB+ ram - can you completely disable pagefile for a while and test the game ?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

Hmm .. interesting. So disabling pagefile should fix the stuttering issue ? Anyway, people with 8GB+ ram - can you completely disable pagefile for a while and test the game ?

I have 12 GB RAM and disabling pagefile does make the game faster.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Thanks for the feedback.. so now we have some working solution.

ACidBaseD

ACid DrinkeR

Turns out the game is running fine with almost no stuttering on full Ultra/Maxed out even the textures with FXAA. I'm getting around 40-50fps.. Dips down to 35 some times.

But I think the Increase in AA quality is more visible than increasing from High --> Ultra.

SunE

Professional Newbie

Started playing it today. Doesn't seem too interesting. Have to play a bit more to say for sure.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

I have 16 GB and have disabled to pagefile, been running 35-45 @ all Ultra except textures at 1080p for 2 hours, fps drops while driving as usual.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

Guys check this thread out, not sure if you want to try this but the video really does look awesome.

Watch Dogs Kadzait24 XML Full MOD 1.0 - Check out real Ultra Graphics - Guru3D.com Forums

Filelink : --*www10.zippyshare.com/v/17195789/file.html

Last edited:

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku

*fbcdn-photos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t1.0-0/10388141_10201110707930434_6987059531634409758_n.jpg

k den

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!

^Now, Watch_Dogs is officially badarse than GTA (it actually was anyway *flame suit on*).

And Aiden Pierce knows him. Dayum.

Top Bottom