WatchDogs

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Re: WatchDogs - PC/Xbox360/XboxOne/PS3/PS4

I was referring to your point that DDR 3 is better than GDDR5.

Well GDDR5 is better for GPUs because of their high clock speeds.
It's not good to be used as normal memory because:
1.Poor Timings.
2.Overheats fast.
3.Costly.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

Well GDDR5 is better for GPUs because of their high clock speeds.
It's not good to be used as normal memory because:
1.Poor Timings.
2.Overheats fast.
3.Costly.

AFAIK there are no GDDR5 normal memory and is used only in vRAMs.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

I believe minimum cpu requirements are for consistent 60fps right? If thats true dual cores will work fine as Indian laptop users are used to pathetic gpus and 30fps gaming. Unless... the game doesnt start at all

Truly said...

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

PS4 uses GDDR5 as normal memory.

I think am lost. Aren't we talking about PC when you said DDR3 is better option for PC than GDDR5?
And by my statement GDDR5 normal memory not available I was talking only about PC.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

I think am lost. Aren't we talking about PC when you said DDR3 is better option for PC than GDDR5?
And by my statement GDDR5 normal memory not available I was talking only about PC.

Leave it.
Hurray for Watch_Dogs releasing on 27th.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku

AFAIK DDR5 is not out yet. DDR4 is just barely entering the PC scene.
PS4 uses GDDR5 memory which is a derivative of DDR3. G here stands for Graphics memory. Even though it has awesome clocks, its timings are terrible which makes DDR3 a better choice for PCs.
Even if DDR5 were out, current systems will not benefit much as the CPUs will never be able to utilize its full potential. Maybe when we will have graphene CPUs....

ohh, i didnt notice the 'G'. My fault. :lol:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

here is something important

Jonathan Morin, Creative Director of Watch_Dogs, has revealed some additional information about the PC specs requirements for Ubisoft’s upcoming open-world title. According to Morin, dual-cores CPUs will not be able to run Watch_Dogs (so it will be interesting to see how our simulated dual-core system will behave).

Not only that, but the game may not even boot if PC gamers are not equipped with 6GB of RAM. When a fan asked Morin whether the game would run on his PC system that was equipped with 4GB of RAM, Morin replied and said that he should climb it up to 6GB. "The main issue is your ram. If you climb it up to 6 you should be able to run the game at low settings."

And this is more important

...But what CPU is ideal for Ultra settings? Morin stated that every CPU that scores above 9000 points at Intel’s PassMark will be able to run the game at max settings.

Guys who are looking up to watch_dogs, do check your passmark scores now to confirm how well your CPU will drive it.

nomad47

Cyborg Agent

This Intel passmark is same as performance test by passmark right?

iittopper

Wise Old Owl

So Watch dogs will run for user even with 4 GB ram , thats good thing .
*www.dsogaming.com/news/confirmed-watch_dogs-will-run-with-4gb-ram-there-wont-be-any-lock-mechanism/

I know this will be same for dual core CPU as i said before . People , dont be just a graphic wh*re , enjoy the gameplay . I am sure game will look awesome even on medium setting . And people with Nvidia GPU will have atleast 10% more more performance than its AMD equivalent GPU .

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl

I7- 4700MQ : around 8000 passmark scrore

yep right, i have the same CPU and i'm not really looking forward to beat the c**p outta it with ultra max 80+ fps etc etc, 1080p, a good high details with my GPU and fair amount of AA will go about high 40s -50s. I am totally ok with it.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

i7 3632QM-7000 passmark score.
Hm....Maybe I should upgrade my CPU.

Top Bottom